• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone high?

ahkwa

Bluelighter
I had 1g/day heroin habit for quite some time. I had a pretty high tolerance, and I started MMT a week ago. I wasn't expecting to be high at all. Now that I'm at 50mg (third day on that dose) I'm feeling pretty good. It lasts all day and holds me well. I also feel a slight buzz/zero pain at all. Is it possible that I'm a slow metabolizer? I started with someone with about the same tolerance as me, and we're both on the same dosage right now. They don't have any of the same positive effects as me, not many people there do. Do some people feel more euphoria than others? I'm definitely digging this. I know it's a bad mentality to enjoy the buzz off methadone, but this has me liking methadone more than heroin. It's my new DOC, and i definitely look at this as a step away from heroin, other opiates, and my needle addiction.

well although that's not the point of mmt, it's a good thing that youve decided needles are pointless. its a start.

youre still a total addict, but at least youve turned yourself on to something WAAAAY less harmful! thats something at least. id try councelling or whatever, but i seems youre quite happy at the moment, and in my opinion, if a junkie is happy, theyre never gonna quit!!

Well, at least it's a start on a stable path. I've had many very sober times in my life, I have to work my way into it and I'll be able to do it. We have a counselor that we're required to talk to once a week, but I wont be telling her any of this. One thing I notice is I still have that junkie mentality where I do what I can to get more. Leave it to me to find a loophole that allows me to get high. I'm on probation also so this is a much better lifestyle also. One problem is, my girlfriend (whom I plan to marry) is getting out of jail friday. We used together often, She is on probation and was put in jail by her PO. Thus she's totally clean, so she wont be able to get into the clinic, and I know she's going to use so it would be a better alternative. Problem is that if she used so that way she would have it in her system to get into the clinic, her PO would know she used because she'd be in the clinic and there's no way around telling your PO that you're on MMT. Unless you can get into the clinic without having opiates in your system (unlikely?). Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. I know rules vary clinic to clinic, but i'm sure there's some general rules that apply everywhere (in the states). Sorry for getting off topic.

OP: You could be a slow metaboliser but more than likely your heroin was weak. Quality matters much more than quantity.

It took me about 16-200mg of oxy to get off. I've had numerous different kinds of heroin and I know for a fact some of it was really good.

you mean 160? Because that is a really odd variation in doses... must be.

But, I mean methadone is a very powerful opiate. It is not like bupe (which is also technically powerful) it is a full-agonist. So you are going to get buzzed from it, and tons of H addicts get on methadone and say it is their DOC. We have a member here Methacodone who is also a methadone fan.

But you will eventually build your tolerance up and you will probably keep upping your dose trying to chase that high. And methadone is a mother fucker to get off of, so please stay at your current dose and do not try to stay high on methadone.

Last edited:
OP - in some areas (US) if you come out of jail and have a documented history of opioid abuse you can get into a clinic. It's worth looking into. I know for a fact that a decade ago in Tucson, AZ if you got out of jail and we're likely to use dope you could get into my clinic without testing positive. Sounds impossible but at the federal level it is a go, after that it's up to the state methadone authorities and then the clinics, POs, courts, etc... But it may be possible - ask around.

The only other thing i can say is have her be very careful, I'm sure you know the danger, but it can't be overstated, 10-mg of methadone would likely hold her and reduce cravings significantly, 30-mg might kill her, as would two ten dollar balloons where I'm at now. I see way too many post-jail ODs at my local harm reduction clinic. Of course it depends on how long she's been in, I'm assuming more than two weeks.

Best.

Speedball: If they are enrolling clients without toxicologies it us violating the DEA, FDA and AMA Guidelines for OST. I have no doubt that there are clinics- especially For Profits- that circumvent that portion of Guidelines. Good advice though.