• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

methadone help

fritz400

Greenlighter
Hello. I would like an opinion from someone with experience with methadone. For the past 4 years i have been addicted to opiates, started with vicoden, then oxy, then lots and lots of oxy, then the last 6 months i started snorting heroin. About 1.5 years ago i started a methadone clinic, my first day of starting the clinic was the last day i had ever taken an opiate. I went up to 150mg of done and then started working my way down. When i got down the 7mgs was the first time i felt any difference at all, i just had a few days of discomfort buthen it went away, now i am on 4 mgs and still working on going down 1 mg every other week. I still feel ok just don't have quite as much energy as i used to. So thats my story, my question is do you think it will still be extremely difficult to detox from 1 or 2mgs when i do get down that low? Does anybody have any suggestions or comments? Theres nothing i want more than to just be clean and move on with my life, i have completely gottdn rid of all my old friends and changed everything, i am just scared about finally coming off of mdone. Btw i am 25 and have been on mdone for 1.5 years.