• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Methadone/Fent - Kratom Opinions

Little-lost-birdy

Greenlighter
Hey all,
I posted a thread last month talking about how I wound up with a dual habit of Fentanyl on top of methadone. I’m now at 85mgs and decided to stop tapering until I really stop using. I wind up in Fucking withdrawal. I’m wondering how Kratom works and if anyone thinks that would help to get to the point of ditching the fent. What a mess- thank you guys ☁️

Hi. I have never taken fent but I am aware it is a pretty potent opioid. As well as methadone. If you are ingesting 85 mgs. a day of the m'done, I don't think kratom is going to do much for you. Kratom BARELY does anything for me and I never did an opioid stronger than oxy ( and that was 2 years ago )

If I was on fent, on top of the m'done, I would probably see if I could get some codeine or tramadol to replace the fent. It might work better for the wd's from the fent than the kratom would. Extracts might work but you would have to drink a couple bottles daily and they aren't cheap.

If you can't get a script for either of those I think Lyrica or Neurontin would work better than kratom. Kratom just isn't strong enough to replace the fent.

And with 85 mgs of m'done as well I'm not even sure you would feel codeine. If I was in your position I would have your methadone increased so that maybe you can get over the compulsion to take fent on top of it. Then once you have that under control you can decrease the m'done again.

Once you are off of the fent AND the m'done ( which will obviously be awhile ) THEN the kratom will come in handy. Unless you want to spend a boatload of $$$ on extracts, I can't see it helping you much. This is just an opinion so hopefully someone else comes along with some more advice.

Hang in there and NEVER stop trying to quit. One day it will stick and you will be free. You have the methadone daily so you still have a crutch, so to speak, so getting off of the fent is your priority. I wish you strength.

Hi. I have never taken fent but I am aware it is a pretty potent opioid. As well as methadone. If you are ingesting 85 mgs. a day of the m'done, I don't think kratom is going to do much for you. Kratom BARELY does anything for me and I never did an opioid stronger than oxy ( and that was 2 years ago )

If I was on fent, on top of the m'done, I would probably see if I could get some codeine or tramadol to replace the fent. It might work better for the wd's from the fent than the kratom would. Extracts might work but you would have to drink a couple bottles daily and they aren't cheap.

If you can't get a script for either of those I think Lyrica or Neurontin would work better than kratom. Kratom just isn't strong enough to replace the fent.

And with 85 mgs of m'done as well I'm not even sure you would feel codeine. If I was in your position I would have your methadone increased so that maybe you can get over the compulsion to take fent on top of it. Then once you have that under control you can decrease the m'done again.

Once you are off of the fent AND the m'done ( which will obviously be awhile ) THEN the kratom will come in handy. Unless you want to spend a boatload of $$$ on extracts, I can't see it helping you much. This is just an opinion so hopefully someone else comes along with some more advice.

Hang in there and NEVER stop trying to quit. One day it will stick and you will be free. You have the methadone daily so you still have a crutch, so to speak, so getting off of the fent is your priority. I wish you strength.

Id agree with this.

I can understand just wanting to get off opioids, but unless you're prepared to go through a really horrible withdrawal, it's likely to take a lot of time slowly tapering.

If you're using fent on top of methadone, then it doesn't sound like you're at a place where you're ready to stop the methadone.

Sorry I don't fully remember your situation though I remember your other thread. If your goal is to stop opioids and you currently find yourself unable too reduce your methadone without using on top of it, perhaps you should increase your methadone to where you can manage without anything else, then begin a slow taper.

Just an idea. There's no one size fits all answer here unfortunately. :(

Kratom may help. I tried going to the methadone clinic and wound up using kratom on top bc methadone isn't effective once a day dosing for pain relief. When prescribed for pain it's taken 3x daily. I didn't go to the clinic very long...

Id agree with this.

I can understand just wanting to get off opioids, but unless you're prepared to go through a really horrible withdrawal, it's likely to take a lot of time slowly tapering.

If you're using fent on top of methadone, then it doesn't sound like you're at a place where you're ready to stop the methadone.

Sorry I don't fully remember your situation though I remember your other thread. If your goal is to stop opioids and you currently find yourself unable too reduce your methadone without using on top of it, perhaps you should increase your methadone to where you can manage without anything else, then begin a slow taper.

Just an idea. There's no one size fits all answer here unfortunately. :(
I appreciate the advice- I just am so miserable and angry that I’ve done this to myself but there is nothing I can do except move forward. I really don’t know much about Lyrica, can I get a little bit of advice on that one? If you guys know anything? I’m ready to try it all... love you all

Kratom may help. I tried going to the methadone clinic and wound up using kratom on top bc methadone isn't effective once a day dosing for pain relief. When prescribed for pain it's taken 3x daily. I didn't go to the clinic very long...
Worst decision ever was to go on the clinic

I appreciate the advice- I just am so miserable and angry that I’ve done this to myself but there is nothing I can do except move forward.

You're right, moving forward is the best, and in many ways only thing you can do.

Believe me I know it's hard not to obsess over the past. But we all made the choices we made for the reasons we had that got us to where we are today, for better or worse. We can't take back the past much as we might wish we could. The future is all we can do anything about. <3

It's easier said than done I know, I struggle with obsessing over the past too. :(