• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Methadone / bupe supply about to run out?

And what happens when drugs show up again?

Lots of people could wind up ODing.

The days repeatedly shows that forcing people off opioid substitution therapy is very dangerous.

So no, I think it would be a terrible thing.

I can tell you that I certainly wouldn't be going "oh well, guess I gotta get clean".

Id do pretty much whatever I had to for my next dose, even if it got me killed.

Additionally. Theres no way the governments gonna allow pharmacies to all close. Even if they have to subsidize them directly.

It's not just us. There's a lot of other people on life saving medication.

If like 90% of the supply dried up I think a lot of people would be clean after a month and be thankful for it, would be a painful month for many though no doubt

The cost would be so high and they would run out so quickly no matter what you were willing to do I think you would be out of luck

I dont think its gonna happen, but if it did I do think it would clean people up
A lot of people would die too... Opiod withdrawals may not directly cause death like benzos, but the dehydration and stress one experiences through it can easily kill even a healthy person without proper medical care where most aren't in a stable situation or able to find someone to support them through recovery. Please just stop with the ignorance

People also forgetting about online pharmacies. They have, predictably, seen a huge increase in demand, but they are stocked up to provide for it. I've had codeine, clonazepam, amphetamine come through on prescriptions no problem during the lockdown. Got it delivered. Took longer than usual (couple days instead of same day delivery) due to being overwhelmed by demand, but the drug supply is there, the actual bottleneck is getting enough staff to deliver!

Keep in mind too that clonazepam and amphetamine are both rarely prescribed drugs in the UK. If I can get those I'm sure there's no problem to get something like bupe which is much more commonly prescribed. I'd bet this goes for any developed country in the world.

Relax guys, I dont hope the opiods will go away, im on them too for christ sake. I just think it would be an interesting situation if opiates all disappeared, I don't mean to set off the fear reactions lol its not gonna happen.

Im pretty sure the deaths from opiate withdrawal are very rare, I know the thought of getting forced into cold turkey is the worst thing imaginable but you guys know the people who get sent to jail without their drugs and get clean, only to end up saying jail saved them.

No, I dont think you guys would be better off this way in the long term, because like you say jess people would go back when the availability was around

Im just of the opinion that having zero opiates available for recreation would be a good thing in the long term, think about all the people who would never end up getting hooked, and how free would be not having to go to the pharmacy or a dope dealer ever again

you guys know the people who get sent to jail without their drugs and get clean, only to end up saying jail saved them.

Dunno how it is in other countries but heroin use in prisons is a pretty common thing in the UK.

I get what you're trying to say that getting off opiates is a good thing, which of course it is, but it'll only happen if someone wants to get clean. Someone who wants to keep using but just has their supply taken away will desperately look for a new one and if it takes long enough to find it they become a higher risk for an OD.

Relax guys, I dont hope the opiods will go away, im on them too for christ sake. I just think it would be an interesting situation if opiates all disappeared, I don't mean to set off the fear reactions lol its not gonna happen.

Im pretty sure the deaths from opiate withdrawal are very rare, I know the thought of getting forced into cold turkey is the worst thing imaginable but you guys know the people who get sent to jail without their drugs and get clean, only to end up saying jail saved them.

No, I dont think you guys would be better off this way in the long term, because like you say jess people would go back when the availability was around

Im just of the opinion that having zero opiates available for recreation would be a good thing in the long term, think about all the people who would never end up getting hooked, and how free would be not having to go to the pharmacy or a dope dealer ever again

Deaths from opioid withdrawal seem a little hard to quantify. It probably is pretty uncommon just as you say, it's more a question of how uncommon.

And even more so, a question of when a death in connection to withdrawal, becomes death because of withdrawal.

Generally no withdrawal won't directly kill you. But it can trigger other medical complications, electrolyte imbalance, etc. And it can directly lead to other behaviors that result in death.

So yea I agree it's uncommon, I just wonder if it's quite as rare as we generally think.

Not that it matters because YOU'RE NOT TAKING MY OPIOIDS GET AWAY FROM ME THEY'RE MINE! :(

<3