• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone blocking doses

hydrobitartrate

Greenlighter
Real quick I've heard different things about the blocking doses of methadone I've heard anything under 60 doesn't but that's basically an impossible statement to make considering everyones body chemistry is different. It's been a few days I've just been running on methadone because that's all I have. So I took 50mgs this morning around 11, do I have any hope whatsoever of being about to IV 90mg of roxy tomorrow evening and feel it? I don't know how important it is to mention,but I am not a daily methadone user just to add more information to the equation I'm 6'3 260lbs. Any help would be great I don't want methadone to be the last thing in my system before I have to let myself start to withdraw to get back on my subs.

I was on Methadone for about 7 years, they started me off at 30mgs which within a month or so I went up to 100mgs. In the begining I was still using pretty regularly and for 30-50mgs I could still feel IVing heroin pretty good, maybe minimal blocking effects, but also remember that was in the begining and I havent had methadone regularly in my system for too long. From 100mgs I went up to about 140mgs and sat there for awhile but really didnt use H too much because I was trying to stay away from it and the Methadone was working good for me as far as withdrawls and still being able to get the occasional buzz from taking most of my Sunday take home dose right after I was given my 140mgs at the clinic so basically doubling up but saving atleast a little for Sunday. But then I would say maybe a year or two into that dose I found a really good hook up for cheap OG OC80s and temptation kicked back in. Before I went to the clinic i could IV upto 240mgs of oxy just to get a decent short lived buzz goin so I had a decent tolerance. So anyway when I got the cheap 80s i basically could IV and 80 and still feel a nice rush but it was defenitly short lived but so where all my highs after I started shooting. I swear once i switched to from sniffing to shooting it felt like by the time I smoked a couple cigs my enjoyable buzz was basically gone, but still I loved it. So anyway even at that high of a dose I was still getting the feeling of the rush everyone wants, and if I did heroin it seemed like i just had to do a little more than i usually would but same scenario. Now fast forward towards the end of my stay at the clinic when i started tapering off and I got back down into like the 60mg range I started using pretty often again and for the most part it didnt block it a huge amount but it still did block off the long lasting effects to some degree but like I stated before that went away for me long before I went to the clinic. Now even closer to the end of my clinic days i would get as low as 15-10 mgs and basically be using almost everyday again to the point where it had little to no blocking effects for me, and my heroin use would overide the methadone completely where as the low amount of methadone (10-15mgs) would only keep my withdrawls away for maybe an hour or two after dosing and I would have to use to feel better. So anyway Im sure since you said your not taking methadone everyday I would imagine for the most part you will feel the effects of the Roxies. Im pretty sure with methadone its more effective in blocking the high when it builds up in your system after awhile of regular use vs taking it once and awhile, and 50mgs isnt a huge amount to begin with. But im not a doctor by any means I have a long 15 year history with opiates mainly heroin, but I think you would feel the high but wouldnt be surprised if it was a little less intense than what your use too. Maybe someone else will chime in with a little better understanding than me. Anyway sorry for the long post but just wanted to give you most of my expereince if it was going to help in anyway.

Also I forgot to mention Im pretty similar height and weight to you about 5'11 210lbs. And you were mentioning you planned on doin the Roxy tomorrow morning I guess holding out as long as you can would help a little too, the longer its been since you took the methadone, probably the better chances for a more effective high.

Real quick I've heard different things about the blocking doses of methadone I've heard anything under 60 doesn't but that's basically an impossible statement to make considering everyones body chemistry is different. It's been a few days I've just been running on methadone because that's all I have. So I took 50mgs this morning around 11, do I have any hope whatsoever of being about to IV 90mg of roxy tomorrow evening and feel it? I don't know how important it is to mention,but I am not a daily methadone user just to add more information to the equation I'm 6'3 260lbs. Any help would be great I don't want methadone to be the last thing in my system before I have to let myself start to withdraw to get back on my subs.

That depends on a lot of factors. I've felt good H for the rush and a short amount of time afterwards after taking 440 mg of methadone earlier that day. Of course it would have knocked me out with no tolerance, but still. Methadone "blocking" is somewhat of a misnomor - it simply is a strong opiate, and taking it every day will spike your tolerance up past the point that you would normally be able to get an easy high otherwise. If you're looking for an actual number...again, we are all different but I still got nicely buzzed from other opiates while I was taking around 30 mg and up to 70 or so roughly

Geez, pick one or the other already! Methadone, then roxy, then back to meth, wait here's a twist SUBOXONE what a curveball!!

It's gonna be a close game tonight folks!
I know i'll be sitting here until my ass sweat get's me stuck to my seat, wondering if OP got high!

Good Grief, man are you even aware of tolerance?? The more you use the more you NEED to use...your tolerance doesn't seem unbearably high, but if you keep I.Ving roxy on TOP of Meth or Subs, 90mg roxy wont even be enough to keep ya from yawnin...believe me, bro.

Welp, good luck, man, use clean needles since I sense you're beyond reason....but in case your not...Oxycodone is absorbed 85% in the gut....but you really shouldn't risk that little 15% who wants to live past 30 anyways am I right?!

Yea I agree with you, I guess at no point of my 7 years at the clinic was there ever a dose, my highest at 190mgs and the most i took in a day was 380mgs when i would double up, even at the 380mgs there were days i still used heroin and yes i did still get a rush but i never got much more than that and i know for some people they would think thats a waste but for me it was still always enough for me to want to use.

Ok cool thanks guys for the quick replies. I'm trying to stay away from 'done for obvious reason. As far as I'm concerned my tolerance is already irritatingly high. Even though i know some people take doses that barely produce a buzz, that would kill me i just don't see how they can afford to keep up with it. If i IVed 90mg of roxy everyday that'd be my entire salary,and i don't do bad by any means (for a junky anyway lol) i guess it's probably because there's no dope in my area.

Methadone is an opioid. It is synthetic Morphine. It don't block anything, suboxone has naloxone in it, it will block any opiates you try to use. Methadone is not meant to nor does it block opiates, you may not feel the effects because the Methadone has such a long half life it will stay with you for up to 18 hours thus you won't feel the high off the other opiates that's why and how so many people OD when using methadone they keep doing more and more of something else trying to get high they OD. Methadone is not supposed to produce the "high" like other opiates it just keeps you from getting sick.

Methadone is an opioid. It is synthetic Morphine. It don't block anything, suboxone has naloxone in it, it will block any opiates you try to use. Methadone is not meant to nor does it block opiates, you may not feel the effects because the Methadone has such a long half life it will stay with you for up to 18 hours thus you won't feel the high off the other opiates that's why and how so many people OD when using methadone they keep doing more and more of something else trying to get high they OD. Methadone is not supposed to produce the "high" like other opiates it just keeps you from getting sick.

Some misinformation in that paragraph. It is not synthetic morphine for starters. Just because it is synthetic does not make it synthetic morphine. Naloxone is not what gives suboxone its "blocking" properties.

I'm not gonna sit here and nit-pick the whole thing, but about the only thing that is 100% true is the first sentence.

Last edited:
LOL WOW. what a fuckin idiot you are. i love when people talk about drugs and have absolutely no fucking clue what they are talking about. synthetic morphine lol seriously!?!?! why do so many dumb fuck morons keep saying that the naloxone in sub is what blocks opiates? do any of you people try reading about things and checking your facts instead of just spewing ignorance that you hear from all your stupid friends? my god you people are stupid. the buprenorphine in suboxone is what blocks the opiate receptors NOT fucking naloxone. the naloxone is "supposed" to cause withdrawals if you inject the suboxone. but from what iv heard even that doesnt actually work either because the buprenorphine has a stronger binding affinity to the receptors.

Oh yeah and you most definitely do get high from methadone. its not the same as other opiates considering its not really and opiate its an opioid(synthetic opiate). but you still get high for sure. i suppose some dont enjoy its high as much as other opiate drugs but none the less it still gets you high. now suboxone on the other hand wont get you high if your tolerance is high or you have been on it for a while you stop feeling it no matter how much you take because of the ceiling effect of suboxone.

Last edited:
^
I"d give that post a 9/10 if you weren't so rude. Minus 1 point for misinterpreting "ceiling effect" it's just that anything much higher than 32 mg sl or 16 IV won't get you higher not some kind of long term effect although all opes cease to get you high after a certain time and frequency of use methadone , bupe or heroin. People will just keep on using for the ritual and the short transition from withdrawal to under the influence or develop a poly-drug-dependency