• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone and tapentadol

smackydowners

Bluelighter
Talentadol and methadone
Hi y'all,

It's been a wee while! I'll jump straight in.

I'm on 80mg methadone per day. I've acquired some 100mg tapentadol tablets IR.

Would they be worth using with my daily meth tolerance? If so, which ROA would be best, oral or rectal?

Would I be best having a day off my meth before doing the tapentadol, or would there be a synergy?

Any risk of precipitated withdrawal?

Thanks guys!

I think it'd be somewhat of a waste as the methadone is so much stronger than Tapentadol that the blocking effect would attenuate anything the Tapentadol could put up.

Even with a day off the Methadone, the blocking effect won't vanish and a big dose of Tap. would probably just level you out with little to no noticeable positive effects.

If it's a foregone conclusion that you're going to take them, then plugging would probably outdo oral as the BA is 32%. I don't see PWD being possible but some people don't like the strong NRI effect and it's activating alpha-2-adrenergic receptors.

Either way, hope it works out.

nah your receptors are fully saturated you may feel it a bit only way to find out is try

Well yeah, you both hit the nail on the head. Ended up plugging about 700mg over 12ish hours and only mild effects were felt. I got really excited about this chemical and only just realised I got it mixed up with tianeptine!!

Well yeah, you both hit the nail on the head. Ended up plugging about 700mg over 12ish hours and only mild effects were felt. I got really excited about this chemical and only just realised I got it mixed up with tianeptine!!
Meaning u plugged tianept or tap?