• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone affecting Opiate Tolerance

FoReaLL

Bluelighter
Hello im new here and ive scoured the internet looking for this information to no avail. Im hoping someone here might have some insight! I Hurt my back maybe 2 1/2 years ago and was prescribed Vic 5s. Of course that stemmed as it always does to higher and stronger drugs. Eventually my tolerance became rediculously high (I have a addictive personality with almost all aspects of my life). I was taking 360mg at one time of OC to achieve the same feeling. A few weeks ago i tried methadone, taking about 190mgs to achieve a similar effect. Now my question is, ive only taken it maybe 3 times at that amount, with usually 7 days in between. Ive taken a 10 panel test on the 7th day and still tested positive for MTD but nothing else, but when i tried a smaller dose of OC (normally 7 days of nothing and my tolerance would drop significantly) and i felt nothing... and the next day i dosed methadone again. well its been another 7 days, still i feel nothing from any other opiate. Im wondering if once the MEthadone is out of my system entirely will my tolerance dropp instantly? or from that point will my opiate tolerance drop? i dont want to be ignorant and take something more then i should. help please!

No one at all? Maybe there really is no info on this type of situation. Anything at all would be appreciative though

I was on methadone at the clinic for a year and nothing opiate wise worked. Completely blocked, except I could feel Fent patches, even used transdermal. Not the same as before. But I have gotten off my 60mg dose and I now can feel opiates again. I was worried I'd have a permanent problem with a ruined tolerance. Give it some time.