• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone 80 mg equivalent to?

Man, when I saw 800mg of Methadone on your headline thread, I couldn't believe it........I'm glad it was a mistake.

Good luck & be safe.......

Ok, now I´ve experienced something painful.
I´m not taking my Methadone dose, as from yesterday.
Have a patch of Fentanyl 50 mcg since this morning, and, have now pain, on my legs.
No withdraws so far, however, pain is bothering but don´t want to mix methadone with fent.
I do have 6 x 40 mg of Oxys.
It´s impossible for me medications correctly when you can get them legally.

Last edited:
Opiates, I like them too much to let them go so easily.
After 20-30 years in and out medications. I think I´ve tried most of them. IV, mostly.
Methadone was my "sentence", 7 years ago when the doctors said, either we go this way, or he will eventually keep on going with Morphine and all in super high dosages.
Bu Methadone also has saved my life.
The good bad thing it gave me was the fact that I don´t get high anymore, ever!
My system blocks everything unless the dose is dangerous.
Therefore, going down on that road is not on my plans.
BL made me a better person in less than a month! Everyday. I gave up my idea of taking H, how amazing is that? To the point I´m now even reflecting on my actions whether I should take this or less of that. People here are truthful and really helping. I want to be able to return the attitude.

Last edited:
wow that's a lot of posts one after another erikman lol
im glad to see BL has helped you somuch it has been a great resource for me as well great people especially MR scag he is great around here hes a very down to earth, smart , fair and all around a decent human being.

wow that's a lot of posts one after another erikman lol
im glad to see BL has helped you somuch it has been a great resource for me as well great people especially MR scag he is great around here hes a very down to earth, smart , fair and all around a decent human being.

Yes, those were my thoughts too. Indeed these readings I´ve done on the past few weeks have really meant a lot for me up. I was totally naive to certain facts.
Thought I knew it all. It was a wake up call, specially about Heroin.
Nice detail on the Canadian Flag. ; ) Cheers.

I have been on 100 m(c)g of Fentanyl for 48 hours and zero Methadone.
Apart from being away from Methadone without significant withdraw, I wonder for how long I could stay on Fentanyl so that I don´t get addicted to it.
My hopes are that when switching back to Methadone, the dose will be lower than 80 mg.
On my first day I had actually taken 240 mg of Oxycontin and felt a little high for 10 minutes.
I still have fentanyl for 15 days, and I hope that does not put me in the tolerant zone.

I have been on 100 m(c)g of Fentanyl for 48 hours and zero Methadone.
Apart from being away from Methadone without significant withdraw, I wonder for how long I could stay on Fentanyl so that I don´t get addicted to it.
My hopes are that when switching back to Methadone, the dose will be lower than 80 mg.
On my first day I had actually taken 240 mg of Oxycontin and felt a little high for 10 minutes.
I still have fentanyl for 15 days, and I hope that does not put me in the tolerant zone.

I'm curious what kind of Oxycontin you have (Purdue brand OC's, the new OP's, or something else.) Not sure if you are in the USA or not. Either way, If taken as directed (swallowed whole) I think it's pretty impossible to feel "high" from Oxycontin with a tolerance like yours, unless you have one of the older formulas which allows you to crush it up and make it instant release. Good luck to you.

I'm curious what kind of Oxycontin you have (Purdue brand OC's, the new OP's, or something else.) Not sure if you are in the USA or not. Either way, If taken as directed (swallowed whole) I think it's pretty impossible to feel "high" from Oxycontin with a tolerance like yours, unless you have one of the older formulas which allows you to crush it up and make it instant release. Good luck to you.

Thank you Harrisment,
I don´t live in US, but fly there every 6 months. I lived in US earlier when I was a student. For quite sometime.
The Oxycontin I used now has the same name here, it´s meant to Release Control, although I had it IR anyway.

Last edited:
I have read that Fentanyl should be used carefully when you are taking Methadone as it takes longer to leave you bloodstream. Not that I feel anything.

Last edited:
I managed to go down to 60 mg of Methadone, except for one day when I took 70 mg.
I felt much better when using the patch of Fentanyl 50 mcg x 2, not high, just some sort of nod that I was not used to. And I haven´t wore them for 3 days. I´m concerned to get addicted in one more medication. Stronger as they say.
In a month I gave up trying H, true, and now down to 60-70 mg ´done instead of 80-90 mg earlier when I joined BL.

Last edited:
Now that my methadone is down to 60-70 mg daily, I feel empty, like nothing would work on me.
On Suboxone I understand it´s different, but AFAIK you can´t just switch them...

Last edited:
I have now finally reached 70 mg of Methadone daily.
After all these days, one less, I wonder though if I´ll ever stop this shit, or if that will go on.
No safer option out there.

i use 140mg/day for 3+yrs and can get high off of 4 bags of 3-mf fentanyl analogue) or other analogues. 3mf is just our 'dope' (sold in bags and in doses, 10bags. look up wiki if you want to see where im from, were the only country in the WORLD with a 3-METHYLFENTANTL or ANY FENTNAYL ABUSE problem. Also the #1 European country for the dying drug addicts (20.000+/year in a country of 1.3000.000).

^^

Depends on the dose. It's different for everyone, but for the most part, the "blocking" dose is around 70-80mg's. Some people less, some people more. You can still feel other opiates, but the the effects are just very diminished so it makes it not worth it for people on maintenance unless they are on a low dose.

As to your other question, yes taking more opiates will get you higher against the methadone block.. however that's how a lot of people OD. Trying to push through a methadone dose with excessive opiates, can cause severe respiratory depression and you could even up OD'ing despite not even feeling very high from the opiates.

Basically, if you want to keep getting high and doing opiates, MMT is not for you (though plenty of people do both anyway and in doing so, contribute a great deal to giving methadone such a bad name).