• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone 20mg wafer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentimms

Greenlighter
Hey I bought these round white unmarked pills from someone and he said they are 20mg of methadone and it they are Persian. Came from Iran...i am on 70mg of methadone myself and I took 40mg or 2 pills and felt like I took 120mg of anyone ran into these before?

I've never had them but I've had the 40 mg orange wafers and for some reason one of them worked just as well as my usual dose of 140 mg at the time. They kept me unstick for two days too. Maybe it's in my head but I, and a few other people I've spoken too, feel that the wafers are somehow stronger. You would think mg for mg they would be the same, and maybe it's just a sort of placebo effect but the wafers seem stronger

Oh yeah the wafers are stronger. That's why you have to pay extra at methadone clinics if you want wafers/pills instead of liquid...they are stronger and they last longer

Mods this was over in PR but I think this may have some HR value for people who do not know about the wafers/dispersable

This is pretty much pill identification, which is against the rules.
There are many pill identification websites, just google
And if you're not sure what you got don't take it

there is no such thing as a 20mg methadone anywhere.....it would have to be specially compounded which is just dumb. Whatever you got sure wasn't methadone I can tell you that.

Oh yeah the wafers are stronger. That's why you have to pay extra at methadone clinics if you want wafers/pills instead of liquid...they are stronger and they last longer
I get the wafers on the side occasionally and I think it's absolutely insane to think they are stronger. They feel absolutely identical to liquid to me but I prefer the liquid for its faster onset. I get the orange 40mg wafers and also the white methadose pills. I've also had the clear nothing added liquid and the sugary red stuff and they all worked exactly the same. I'm currently on the daily red juice. The wafers/pills are extra because they cost more to produce. So I'm just curious are you thinking wafers somehow have more methadone than advertised??

I've never had them but I've had the 40 mg orange wafers and for some reason one of them worked just as well as my usual dose of 140 mg at the time. They kept me unstick for two days too. Maybe it's in my head but I, and a few other people I've spoken too, feel that the wafers are somehow stronger. You would think mg for mg they would be the same, and maybe it's just a sort of placebo effect but the wafers seem stronger

Seems like maybe you were expecting to be sick but had a nice surprise that you didn't. More than likely it was from the half life of your normal dose that you held up well. If you were to continue to take that small amount for week plus, I'm sure you'd be getting sick.

I would never trust pills from a different country, unless they're also available here in the states and are FDA approved and Shit. Meaning they're on drugs dot com and indentefied..

oxlong has a point though.
I've always told people the pill form of methadone are more potent than the shitty liquid clinics give you. ESP the wafers.

But people still don't get it and say methadone is methadone bla bla.

I have years of experience with methadone and have had pretty much every form of methadone and the tablets Shit on the liquid.

I'm just curious, how many years? So are you thinking the tablets have more methadone or that the liquid has less? Or is it absorption? Are you saying 40mgs of a wafer equals 20mgs of liquid?

There was one time ever at my clinic where the nurse tried giving me diluted methadone because they add water. I wouldn't take it and had to demand a redose. It happened again so they had to switch bottles and all was well.

I too have years of experience with methadone (17) and have taking it for half my life. I just don't think there is some huge conspiracy where pharmaceutical companies are making the pills stronger or the liquid weaker. Besides the fact that it could kill if that was the case.

Placebo can be powerful in and of itself.

5 years of Methadone experience and 10 years of overall Opiate experience.

Not at all saying the tablets have more methadone, that'll be impossible because they specify how much methadone is in each tablet.

I'm just saying the tablets FEEL stronger, and also last longer. I honestly don't know why.

But how is it placebo? When my clinic carried both tablets and liquid. I would test the waters where I would dose liquid one day and tablets the next, with the same exact results. The tablets feel stronger, are more euphoric, and last longer. Now I know people have different preferences, some might like the liquid better, and vice versa. But to all there own. I'm just someone who likes the tablets better.

Ok a couple things, as Methacodone pointed out above.

FDA (inspects & approves for market), Pure Food & Drug Act (Mandates all medications((food & drink too but nevermind that)) list all ingredients, dosage, etc...), and last but definitely not least, the United States Pharmacopia(U.S.P.)( Massive database containing all medications OTC, Rx, & otherwise).

The last place any American should knowingly buy drugs from is IRAN ffs!!

Iran leads the world, it's #1 in State-Sponsored Terrorism. Thank you Iranians, but I can survive a few days without dope, LOL!

Good people for the most part, but politics aside, I seriously doubt their Pharmaceutical Manufacturers are quite up to U.S./U.K. Specifications & Qualifications. We're talking 3rd world, developing contries, their infrascruture isn't even close to ours, nevermind their rules & regulations to protect consumers. The latter is probably non-existent, or as good as non-existent.

P.S. Quality Control.....name of the game buddy!

Like you said to each there own. Placebo effect meaning you FEEL one or the other is stronger, when they are each one and the same. That's how it's placebo. You are getting the same amount of medication but you mentally prefer one over the other even though it's physically the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.