• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone 10 mg

missamortem

Greenlighter
I have in my possession a 10 mg Methadone. I am quite skeptical considering all of the negative things I've read about it in the forums. If I was to take it, what should I expect? I am an avid hydrocodone user, but have never touched anything like this. Any input from "experienced" users would be appreciated.

I have in my possession a 10 mg Methadone. I am quite skeptical considering all of the negative things I've read about it in the forums. If I was to take it, what should I expect? I am an avid hydrocodone user, but have never touched anything like this. Any input from "experienced" users would be appreciated.

What is your tolerance level? Do you experience withdrawals when you stop taking hydro? Are you taking benzos/diazapam family medications?

Methadone eases withdrawal symptoms for most and a 10mg dose would be good for aiding with that. It helps me with pain in low doses, and last longer than my 10mg IR Opana at times. (mainly b/c I snort the 10mg opanas at times)

I take them on days when I need a break from 120-140 mg of Opana daily use.

Methadone does not make me "high", zero euphoria, it just makes me feel normal, without withdrawals.

NEVER mix dones with benzos, it's dangerous. For some people, dones can cause respiratory depression, benzos increase this.

Ask yourself why you want to take this ... To get high, relieve pain, etc.

I am not currently taking any benzos. To be completely honest, I want to get high. I want that feeling of euphoria that I get from hydros.

Going from Hydro to Methadone is a big jump in potency.

You might not get that high from one 10mg, which will trick you into thinking it's not powerful.
It is super duper potent though and should be respected as like fentanly, you can die really easily by redosing and not even feel it.
Do not go over 30mg without methadone tolerance, and you don't want that as between it and hydro, hydro withdrawal is a walk in the park runny nose compared to ebola like symptoms of methadone.

When my tolerance was at a level that I could still get high on hydrocodone a 10MG methadone would have me buzzing for a few hours. It's like a longer lasting version of the hydro-buzz. You basically trade a longer duration for less euphoria.

Yes, the only way you wouldn't be okay is if you combined it with other CNS depressants like EtOH, benzodiazepines, etc.

dude, if you're only a hydrocodone user, don't F with 'done. It's WAY, and I mean WAY stronger than hydrocodone.

People underestimate the power of methadone.

People who have been using heroin for years, IV, and other strong narcotics like opana, dilaudid, etc. They get stable on 40mg of methadone................

Yeah, now that's fucking potent.

10mg methadone = 30-60mg of Hydrocodone....

It all depends on tolerance. But REMEMBER this VERY important notice. Methadone DOES not fully peak until 4 hours after your dose.

Hydrocodone kicks In about 30 minutes, lots of people OD on methadone because of this very thing, they think they're not feeling anything after an hour or 2 and think they need more, becareful!!

^ Good point about the lag in dose response. I almost did myself in the first time I used it thinking it wasn't working - then 40mg hit me all at once after an hour or two and I was puking my guts out trying to stay conscious.

However 10MG isn't going to kill anyone.

^ Good point about the lag in dose response. I almost did myself in the first time I used it thinking it wasn't working - then 40mg hit me all at once after an hour or two and I was puking my guts out trying to stay conscious.

However 10MG isn't going to kill anyone.

ok, a person who has never had an opiate, never tried them, it's POSSIBLE they can OD on 10mg of methadone.

For an opiate naïve person, the recommended dose is 2-2.5mg of methadone. 10mg is a bunch for a opiate naïve person. Even if he doesn't OD, he'll still get sick, I guarantee you that, I mean sick like taking too much opiate sick. Puking, paleness, nodding, drooling, etc.

Don't ever under estimate the power of methadone. ESP to a person who's never touched an opiate. Methadone is the LAST opiate on the list to take for an opiate naïve person.

Fair enough. I'm certainly not going to argue with the guy who has the 10MG methadone as his avatar ;)

Fair enough. I'm certainly not going to argue with the guy who has the 10MG methadone as his avatar ;)

haha, trust me, ive been through it all man.

when I first started opiates, of course it was Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Norco, Lortab), my very 1st dose was 10mg of Norco, and believe me, I was FLYING high, pin pointed, euphoria, happiness, warm, all the good stuff, after a few hours, I did PUKE. because that was my very first dose of any opiate. Now, if 10mg of Hydrocodone made me puke and get pale, imagine what a 10mg methadone would've done to me...LOL