• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids meth then morphine, irregular heart panic attack

crazy nate

Greenlighter
Hey bl'rs thanks for sharing info.
So I was on heroin for many years and went through all the worst stuff. Dealing, jail, life threatening situations, accidental overdose's, being homeless, suicidal thoughts, intentionall overdose's all the great things that come from being an addict. But I made it out. In 2011,I moved to a farm in the middle of nowhere and got myself clean. I haven't used heroin since. But I'm still a damaged human. I drink too much, I smoke opium every summer until my garden dries up. I eat shroomz in the fall usually a lot, probably too much, I smoke tons of weed and hash. And occasionally I get my hands on some morphine, oxy, and Percocet. But that shit is crazy expensive! And I sell weed in Oregon so I'm usually broke. Sooooo. The last couple of months I've started using crystal. Never been into stims much other than hallucinagens. I have always been an anxious person to begin with. But meth is dirt cheap and like I said I'm perpetually broke. Anyway I did more than usual Thursday night. I usually only do like 20 to 50mgs but I was in a bad mood, didn't even have money for some beers so I got into my stash of magic crystals. I was smoking allot of hash that day. And I think that's why, I wasn't feeling it at first. So I just kept redosing. When I had already done 75 mgs I was like fuckit and did another 25mgs. And then it kicked in. I was hallucinating like crazy, hearing voices, and everything looked like a cartoon, kinda animated. It was awesome. I've never been that wired before. I really enjoyed it but last night I was getting pretty tired and I just wasn't coming down. So I traded some weed for some morphine. I fixed up 60 mgs and I IM'd that. And I was feeling great for the first two hours or so. Then I started to feel shakey. I have anxiety attacks some times, so I know what that feels like. This was way worse than my usual. It was like having delirium tremors when I'm withdrawing from alcohol. I felt light headed like I was gonna faint.
I was afraid I was gonna have a seizure. Then my heart started to feel like it had stopped for a few seconds. And then boom it would start back up, but way to fast. It kept doing that all night then I started feeling nauseated and threw up. So I was shaking, sweating, and puking, with vertigo. That's when I was like fuck this and I took 3mgs of Xanax and laid down till I passed out about 3am. I woke up around 10 this morning did some more morphine and feel fine now. I'm wondering if it's maybe like a bad combo. Or if it is just me and something I personally should stay away from. If its not the worst idea in the world. I might try it again at a lower dose. Cause before it went bad it was pretty great. Amazing euphoria, I felt energetic, but relaxed at the same time. Kinda like a speed ball but smoother maybe. Back in the day speed balls where my jam. I hope I didn't do this wrong and I'm sorry if there are any grammatical errors. Thanks for the info, any help would be appreciated. PS I'm still hallucinating a little, shadows and bugs and such.

Yeah, I can't tell what all was in your combo, but it sounds like too much fun to be a panic attack.

That's a lot of meth and I'd expect to have a rapid heart beat. But you know just as well as I do that speed balls aren't a safe combo.

Cut the stims for a while, and stick to weed (keep in mind that weed can cause a rapid heartbeat and panic, but it goes away fast if you distract yourself).

Your heart issue might be from QT prolongation, actually. I'd ask about a prolapsed mitral valve at your next physical and be careful with certain drugs as you might be a poor metabolizer.

Speed balling is dangerous, and also paranteral morphine(IV/IM, lesser extent SQ) is very powerful; you may as well have swallowed a quarter gran.

IM is less intense at first, although it still causes a large histamine release, and if you are not used to it, it can cause panic attack type events on it's own; and of you take percs, that was a kind of crazy amount of morphine to inject, especially in conjunction with meth, which can be fairly long acting, and again predisposes to panic and palpitations on it's own

Bad combo, although Scrofula has a point about what he said-not sure if you have insurance although basic tests can be run, and more advanced if there are problems

Ways to tell if poor metabolizer, although would not recommend them, and will not even entertain them, really

A skilled nurse can detect a prolapsed mitral valve with a stethoscope. They are asymptomatic but prone to infection; the fun of having one is the sensations involved during abnormal heart rhythm. The valve is oversized, like a parachute instead of an umbrella. So a bad rhythm means the heart can beat before the parachute has made its way back into position, and the rush of blood makes it balloon back up and yank on the little cables that stabilize it. So you get a snap from those fibers like a rip-cord on a parachute.

It doesn't feel good. But it'll reveal an arrhythmia you might not notice. What you described is closer to long QT, which can be caused by all kinds of things, but also occurs with slow-metabolizers and cardio-toxic drugs that might accumulate, like terfenadine.

Bottom line is pick one drug and go easy for awhile.

^Agreed. Go for a PA or RN though, IME some nurses are apathetic-although they would get a doc anyway, unless in some crazy level 3 or 4 trauma center

A couple of opioids can cause Long Qt-the more you know

Don't think an RN would ever diagnose. But if you have a friend or family with good nurse skillz and a home-stethoscope, you can ask (but don't tell them what for) and get it free.

Then you get to take antibiotics before all your dentist appointments. Or, used to.

Didn't know you meant good old fashioned medicine :)

RN's can prescribe limited medications in some states, though w/ the heart, they would be crazy not to inform the doctor-have been through this kind of thing

Thanks for the response. Yeah it was pretty awesome ,like I said "until it wasn't". It felt great but I don't wanna risk a repeat of that even at a lower dose. I actually take a beta blocker as well. So I think I was just pushing my body a little too far all around. And yeah I knew speed balls are bad news. I still always really dug them. I need to lay off some shit for awhile anyway. Drink some fluids rinse then repeat.

Probably best to just have some xanax to get you to come down and not opiates.

Ive only sone heroin while already on the meth and its a strange feeling to be stimmed and nod, the combo is kinda fun but it does make me feel uncomfortable sometimes.

I dont do that combo anymore .

Meth and Morphine was my combo for years.

60mg is a pretty huge dose -20mg IV was the maximum legal dose you could administer when I was working, (no doubt it's still the max). And, yeah, I know you did it IM, but holy crap, I would never give anyone an IM dose of 60mg!

But...for myself, that's a different story! Morphine can sneak up on you and the shaky, sweaty, puking you experienced is exactly what would happen to me if I took to much Morphine. I always kept a 20ml bottle of Narcan with me and would give myself a dose when that would happen. It was a pretty fucked up little routine I had going on for a while. But, dam, I miss it!

Dehydration causes electrolyte imbalances which can cause the heart symptoms you describe. But, as they say, "self diagnosis is a very dangerous thing" and the heart's kinda important. There are many things that cause cardiac irregularities and, while it was probably the combination of too much meth and morphine on top of dehydration, have your doc check you out.

And, maybe go a little lighter on the doses next time!

Yup you're sooo right Mrboris I usually only do like 45mgs of morphine. For some reason I was thinking the meth wouldn't let me feel the morphine.
I think your right about the electrolytes. I was pretty dehydrated,and hadn't eaten much at all. I think my immune system took a pretty good hit during my binge. I have a terrible cold now, and I've been avoiding getting sick all winter till now.