• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth tachycardia (comedown?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychonaut247

Greenlighter
Whenever I try to stay up for more than a night in a row tweaking I always end up passing out early in the morning with my heart racing (120+bpm as opposed to my normal resting pulse of around 65). I always flip out trying to figure out how to get my heartrate down so I can keep going but I haven't figured out what helps... I noticed that hot kava seemed to make it worse so I'm thinking that it's a hypotension issue that could be helped by caffeine or something but I mostly have no clue and want to make a list of things to try next time... also is this dangerous? It always feels dangerous but I don't see why it would be I've never had enough meth to kill someone in my possession at once and I'm not in poor health but something seems wrong about sleeping for like 6 with your heartrate at 140.

Tachycardia is a common side effect of stimulants. Caffeine is just gonna make it worse.

I understand that tachycardia is a common effect of stimulants what I don't understand is why my heartrate would get faster the more time passes after redosing or why i would fall asleep with such a high heartrate... if my heart were beating that fast just because i was tweaking shouldnt i not fall asleep lol

I understand that tachycardia is a common effect of stimulants what I don't understand is why my heartrate would get faster the more time passes after redosing or why i would fall asleep with such a high heartrate... if my heart were beating that fast just because i was tweaking shouldnt i not fall asleep lol

It could be your body reacting to the comedown, it could also be that at that time your body has the methamphetamine brokendown in normal amphetamine which has higher affinity for the norepinephrine system which has more effects on your body ie. increased heartrate and tachycardia.

I'm not 100% on this but I think I figured out that it's being caused by hyperthermia (heat syncope). The symptoms seem to fit perfectly but everything has 95% of the same symptoms so I don't really know. I've been drinking water with ice (but not too much) and keeping myself in a cool environment it seems to be helping a lot. Nobody else seems to have indicated that they've experienced this probably but maybe someone will be helped by this /shrugs/

i really think this is self induced panic attack brought on by simply thinking about the situation too much esp after you say it gets worse even after dosing a while ago. Your thinking just keeps going and going and why your heart rate goes up. Try controlled breathing or distracting yourself with something. Sometimes i have gotten like that thinking i must be the only one up making noise at this hour and everybody and their brother can surely hear me and they must know what im doing and so obviously the cops are going to be coming any minute now etc.. Panic.

i really think this is self induced panic attack brought on by simply thinking about the situation too much esp after you say it gets worse even after dosing a while ago. Your thinking just keeps going and going and why your heart rate goes up. Try controlled breathing or distracting yourself with something. Sometimes i have gotten like that thinking i must be the only one up making noise at this hour and everybody and their brother can surely hear me and they must know what im doing and so obviously the cops are going to be coming any minute now etc.. Panic.

This is so true.

If you can take that stuff, get yourself some benzodiazepines to smooth out your issues.

take some benzos and dont do meth again. either take my advice or dont, your decision. I recommend my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.