• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth - Snorting and your Nostrils

96intheshade

Bluelighter
Hey everyone I'm surprised I cannot find any answer this question anywhere.

Recently picked up a bag after about a month clean for various reasons. I've always snorted 90% of the time during my total of about 6mos of usage.

Never had any problems at all, no nose bleeds or lasting pain etc.

I've read that after a while snorting loses its ability to work because you lacerate your membrane and it won't absorb. First 5 or so lines were fine I got really good stuff, very high etc

After 2 days going slept decently well no real binges here, it just doesn't seem to be fully getting up my nose l. I still get high I think (I mean after a few days daily use even with sleep I never really can tell with snorting, if it's tolerance or just overuse. Like I seriously can't tell. It's very hard for me to analyze tolerance or the effects of snorting tbh if that makes any sense) but the following happens when I snort now after 2 days consistent use (about .5g total)

I feel as if there is a booger on the inner side of my upper nostril, like a barrier has formed.

I get bad runny nose after taking a line, and I can't get any drips anymore. When I snort this runny mucus it hits that little thingie and rarely hurts at all. It just tickles and makes me sneeze like ten times lol

When I snort the line it's fine, feels effective but right after trying to snort up the runny mucus it hits that little wall and I sneeze. Basically it feels like the product is getting caught in some sort of ticklish sneezy wall. The thing is that Ive had this before and it isn't really painful at all, and I don't get any nosebleeds. I checked and I can see sparkly bits are stuck not very deep in my nose just chillin.

I guess my question is, how do you know when snorting is not viable any more, and that maybe a deviated septum is developing (no pain though..) I haven't come across any reports from those who snort describing the timeline or signs of ineffective nasal administration.

Any help?

Side note I'm really not trying to get caught back in addiction, I have things under 'control' right now so although I appreciate it I'm not looking for suggestions I quit. Already planning on it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Never had any problems at all, no nose bleeds or lasting pain etc.
That's fairly typical. Though painful going in meth and whatever admixture it's cut with doesn't wreak the havoc associated with a good and proper cocaine addiction. It's odd in the sense that regular use degenerates almost all other aspects of body integrity chiefly through dehydration, malnutrition and a sort of numbness to the emergency alert system of the body mitigated by adrenaline & cortisol
I've read that after a while snorting loses its ability to work because you lacerate your membrane and it won't absorb. First 5 or so lines were fine I got really good stuff, very high etc
Can't comment as I'm not an ear nose and throat doc. Except I observe regular users failing to crush their lines adequately and inhaling shards. Seems like you'd want to pulverize the stuff but I've learned not to bring it up it since it usually just annoys the person and wastes time that could be better spent focusing on how to replenish our supply
I still get high I think
That's the best summary of meth addiction I've ever come across

Basically it feels like the product is getting caught in some sort of ticklish sneezy wall. The thing is that Ive had this before and it isn't really painful at all, and I don't get any nosebleeds. I checked and I can see sparkly bits are stuck not very deep in my nose just chillin.

I guess my question is, how do you know when snorting is not viable any more, and that maybe a deviated septum is developing (no pain though..) I haven't come across any reports from those who snort describing the timeline or signs of ineffective nasal administration.

Any help?
My recommendation is get a neti pot. It's an Ayurvedic tool for cleaning out the sinuses that looks like a miniature teapot and is sold at all the major drug stores. It uses warm water to which you add a solution that you can buy in packets (or better yet make your own) which contain usually about 50-50 salt & baking soda. By leaning your head slightly forward and to the side and gently pouring through one nostril the solution does not run into the back of your throat but comes out the other nostril. After about 10 seconds you'll want to stop and blow your nose thoroughly but not too hard. Rotate to the other side. I think that might help you.

Last edited:
Yeah I've heard of those hahah always kinda grossed me out but I mean come on I'm snorting draino but boogers in tea eewwww. I'll check that out thanks. Lol yeah I mean I know I'm high, but...yeah I'm high. Did I get higher tho? Probably not, but most definitely. Stupid drug, gotta get compulsive redosing under control thought I could this time.

Sometimes you can develop a small amount of bleeding from what is essentially a chemical burn to the of inside the nose/mucous membranes where the chemicals- in this case meth - are coating when you snort them. Then this area may scab over for awhile just like a wound would on any other part of your body. Some mucus will also start to collect on it since there is always mucous flowing around in there.

So then this mucous encrusted scab is now where a lot of the drugs are landing when snorted instead of directly onto the mucous membrane where they should be. Usually the drugs will still mostly be absorbed (unless significant amount is dripping it out of your nose), just more delayed then usual because it'll either slowly make its way to areas where it can absorb properly as it moves either from the normal flowing around of mucous and from you occasionally doing mini snorts like anyone who snorts does. Or it'll eventually drip down into your stomach and be absorbed that way.

Eventually you'll be able to blow out this scabby mucous encrusted mess and then you'll notice that snorting once again works better. But if you keep repeating this process for a long enough time eventually the area may develop too much permanent scarring which won't be very good for absorption anymore. It's best to give your nose regular breaks and try to rinse with saline or from netti pot from time to time whenever you're on a binge. It's not good to leave caustic chemicals floating around in there for too long.

Last edited:
snortin' meth - my God it was wicked. Back in my halcyon days, driving to a club afterwards, a car load of dudes pulled alongside me saying - 'whatever the fuck you're on, we want some'.
Haven't snorted in many years, but my favoured nostril still isn't right.