• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth pipe not working as good?

pinealgland1

Greenlighter
When I first got the pipe I was holding the lighter around 2 inches away, and I would get really fat clouds where the bowl would fill completely with thick white smoke. Now I find I have to hold the lighter really close to the bowl, to the point of almost touching the bowl, to get any kind of vapor/smoke at all. And when the smoke starts, it's like really thin and doesn't fill the bowl. It's not the meth I'm using because I've tried 2 different batches and I'm using the same stuff that got me big clouds. Are there any reasons for this? My pipe does have black burn marks on it where I have smoked the tiny patches of meth when I run out and I'm fiending, could this cause the pipe to stop working?

Yea it sounds like what ever you've smoked out of that pipe has burnt and the burnt shit is insulating the gear from heat.

Ditch the pipe and get a new one or wash it out with soapy water if that doesn't work try acetone, HCL and then as a last resort try piranha (Hydrogen peroxide and Sulfuric acid). remember to wash with water after each step so you don't end up mixing chemicals you don't want mixed (specifically HCL with other acids and worst of all acetone and Hydrogen peroxide).

in retrospect it probably easyer to wash with water and get a new pipe if that doesn't work.

It should work as long as it's not broken or cracked. If it's too dirty just wash it.
Edit: if it has a lot of burnt residue on the inside you can clean it using a q-tip (or something similar). I've always done that, I use soap first and finish with acetone.

Otherwise it might be the product or the lighter you're currently using.

Last edited:
I have heard someone say that that once you run a certain amount say 2 grams of meth through a pipe you should throw it out and get a new one. I've probably gone through 5 g's with this pipe, I have tried washing the pipe with water, using q tips to scrub the black stuff, and putting water in the bowl and boiling it, and it still won't come off. I will try using some solvent or chemical next as JoshLobbs suggested, I will try first with acetone. But I'm going to buy some more pipes anyway just so I have them as backup in the future, or maybe use a pipe for a few sessions, then throw it out and use a new one.

How do you even dispose of a meth pipe? do you just throw it in the trash? Recycle it? lol

I wish a meth habit was not so expensive

Thanks for replies guys :)

I have heard someone say that that once you run a certain amount say 2 grams of meth through a pipe you should throw it out and get a new one.
I've always used the same pipe until it breaks (sometimes 5-6 months if not more). You just have to learn how to vape it properly without burning it and without leaving too much lighter residue on the outside. You should always clean the inside with a q-tip after each bowl to remove any burnt residue (or leftover cut/impurities).

I have heard someone say that that once you run a certain amount say 2 grams of meth through a pipe you should throw it out and get a new one. I've probably gone through 5 g's with this pipe, I have tried washing the pipe with water, using q tips to scrub the black stuff, and putting water in the bowl and boiling it, and it still won't come off. I will try using some solvent or chemical next as JoshLobbs suggested, I will try first with acetone. But I'm going to buy some more pipes anyway just so I have them as backup in the future, or maybe use a pipe for a few sessions, then throw it out and use a new one.

How do you even dispose of a meth pipe? do you just throw it in the trash? Recycle it? lol

I wish a meth habit was not so expensive

Thanks for replies guys :)
5gs is decent mileage. Just throw it in the trash but wrap it up in some paper towel or bubble wrap to lessen risk to workers at the recycling plant getting cut on your old paraphernalia. I grew up in a place where it was common to see used needles on the pavement, not very nice!

I use a sharps container for my steroid needles etc so will usually put an old pipe in there so nobody gets injured. Plus with COVID I highly advocate for responsible disposal of paraphernalia.

standard pipes are like 3 bucks a pop. I'd just toss it and get a new one lol.
You get more mileage out of thicker Pyrex, but those have their own problems if they're too thick. (Mainly being the substance not vaporizing as efficiently and burning easier for whatever reason)

If you're really into being frugal about it, i use plain old water (which can then be evaporated to reclaim your residue). I haven't burnt a bowl in over a decade, but i remember it would require rubbing alcohol and salt mixture shaken up with the pyrex in a ziplock bag.

A pipe here is $20++ and not easy to buy as they are illegal. I found they got less efficient if they got dirty OR cleaned with really abrasive cleaners or brushes.

I think it is something to do with the glass getting micro-pits in it. One thing that helped smooth it out again was super-heating the bowl to red in a big torch flame while twirling it in a slow smooth circle (360 degrees) but pulling away the flame as the carb hole passed through it. And occasionally giving a good blow through the stem.

You need to twirl all the way around or the jet flame will melt a flat spot on the bottom of the bowl.

I think it is something to do with the glass getting micro-pits in it. One thing that helped smooth it out again was super-heating the bowl to red in a big torch flame while twirling it in a slow smooth circle (360 degrees) but pulling away the flame as the carb hole passed through it. And occasionally giving a good blow through the stem.

You need to twirl all the way around or the jet flame will melt a flat spot on the bottom of the bowl.
Yeah that's absolutely correct, every time you hit it, the glass is weakened. Pyrex is more resilient, but still succumbs eventually in the same way.
Super heating with a propane/butane torch is only going to speed up that process i'd imagine, as well as leave a disgusting burnt chemical smell in whatever room you're doing it in.
I had a buddy that used to blow glass in his bedroom, using the pyrex rods and a camping torch back in the day, so there was never any shortage of pipes. But he'd also clean them out periodically with the torch and that smell would clear the room out real quick lol.

Another factor here to think about is meth's effect on the lungs... IME after days of smoking my lung capacity becomes less which makes it seem like the pipe isn't working as well. But in truth, if I took a break and picked it back up in a month or two it would work FINE.

Invest in a mapp gas torch. Friends with hot water wipe with a q-tip and torch it dry. While you're torching you will see flare up spots where the impurities are actually coming out of the glass because it's porous and shit kind of mixes with the glass. I only recommend this because it's fun and this way I have gotten ounces out of pieces

Invest in a mapp gas torch. Friends with hot water wipe with a q-tip and torch it dry. While you're torching you will see flare up spots where the impurities are actually coming out of the glass because it's porous and shit kind of mixes with the glass. I only recommend this because it's fun and this way I have gotten ounces out of pieces
Fucking autocorrect, rinse with hot water not friends

Has anyone here ever used whink rust stain remover to clean their gear? Stuff works miracles
I've used it for 2 decades now. Yeah, just a little on a cotton swab wipes the gunk away like magic.

Cotton bud moistened slightly and dipped in baking soda is what I use.

If using a plumbers torch or similar it's important to heat and cool the pipe slowly, 1 min with a soft flame then turn it up so it's Roaring then another min with soft flame once clean

Use comet, or ajax, or cigarette ash too. But in case you don't smoke cigs. Use comet or ajax it works like a charm, go over it with soap rinse with water. It will be muy fantastico!

this thread reminds of the song,
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
Then fix it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry,

You can source illict substances but cant work out why a dirty or well used pipe dont isnt as affective ?

I'm looking through you
You're not the same

When I first got the pipe I was holding the lighter around 2 inches away, and I would get really fat clouds where the bowl would fill completely with thick white smoke. Now I find I have to hold the lighter really close to the bowl, to the point of almost touching the bowl, to get any kind of vapor/smoke at all. And when the smoke starts, it's like really thin and doesn't fill the bowl. It's not the meth I'm using because I've tried 2 different batches and I'm using the same stuff that got me big clouds. Are there any reasons for this? My pipe does have black burn marks on it where I have smoked the tiny patches of meth when I run out and I'm fiending, could this cause the pipe to stop working?
Also try using a small piece of slightly damp Magic Eraser that will