• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Meth Overdose - Chronic dizziness?

Wheella

Greenlighter
Dear friends, I am new to this forum. Please help!
i shall keep this very brief. As a first time user, I overdosed on smoking 1.5-1.8 grams of meth over a 48 hour period. It is now 7 weeks into my overdose, during which I almost passed out, and I am constantly experiencing dizziness / heaviness in my brain / numbness in my skull when certain neural pathways are triggered (i.e. when I am in a certain mental state, or under certain climatic temperatures). 2 detailed MRI scans all came back clean. Psychiatrists and neurologists tell me that my overthinking of the issue is fueling many of my current symptoms, but I am certain that there is a certain neuronal issue I am facing. I feel extreme hopelessness and despair everyday, and am doing my best to go through every day without giving it all away, although everything tells me that only time will heal. Reading compassionate comments about how breakthrough has come at the 2 month, 4 months, 6 months or even 1 year mark brings me hope. I have scoured the internet but my symptoms do not seem to be a common one. I am hoping to read similar experiences that can give me some motivation to hang on to life.

What was your usage pattern prior to the OD?

what drugs have you been taking since?

What was your usage pattern prior to the OD?

what drugs have you been taking since?

This was a first time use over 2 days (high dose of 1.5 to 1.8 g over 48 hours). I have not been ising any substance since as I have never used meth before.

i am pretty certain there is damage to certain neural pathways in my brain (death or injury to certain neurons or receptors) which has led to my chronic dizziness. However, I am hoping that because the MRIs don’t show any major damage, any current damage I currently facing will heal within 3-6 months.

I am sinking in and out of depression, and think it’s better to end it all. The thought of my wife and daughter makes me more depressed, for having inflicted such pain on myself and on my family. I wonder what I can do or tell myself now to stay strong and alive ....

Dear friends, I am new to this forum. Please help!
i shall keep this very brief. As a first time user, I overdosed on smoking 1.5-1.8 grams of meth over a 48 hour period. It is now 7 weeks into my overdose, during which I almost passed out, and I am constantly experiencing dizziness / heaviness in my brain / numbness in my skull when certain neural pathways are triggered (i.e. when I am in a certain mental state, or under certain climatic temperatures). 2 detailed MRI scans all came back clean. Psychiatrists and neurologists tell me that my overthinking of the issue is fueling many of my current symptoms, but I am certain that there is a certain neuronal issue I am facing. I feel extreme hopelessness and despair everyday, and am doing my best to go through every day without giving it all away, although everything tells me that only time will heal. Reading compassionate comments about how breakthrough has come at the 2 month, 4 months, 6 months or even 1 year mark brings me hope. I have scoured the internet but my symptoms do not seem to be a common one. I am hoping to read similar experiences that can give me some motivation to hang on to life.

I went through something very similar at the beginning of my relationship with meth and it’s affected the way I feel and react to the drug to this day.

I can say with at least some confidence that your doctors aren’t entirely wrong about the overthinking, I totally still talk myself into actual physical symptoms with my anxiety over the initial symptoms that were very much real.

I suffered all the things you described, also went temporarily blind in one eye randomly, lost 25 kilo in 2 months (not through heavy use as would be expected, I’ve never really used more than once a week or so as it takes that long for me to recover from each dose)
My doctors were so perplexed they put me through literally every test available and all came back clear aside from an unusual response to the ANA test commonly used to detect lupus but not conclusively, and I later got the all clear for that after a second test, and a diagnosis of second stage lung disease.

I think what likely happened is the meth, or something else in it triggered a mild autoimmune response which caused the initial weird symptoms and then later on my paranoia about it continued to exasperate the problem.

I never would have believed a person could talk themself into being sick until I experienced it myself.

I went through something very similar at the beginning of my relationship with meth and it’s affected the way I feel and react to the drug to this day.

I can say with at least some confidence that your doctors aren’t entirely wrong about the overthinking, I totally still talk myself into actual physical symptoms with my anxiety over the initial symptoms that were very much real.

I suffered all the things you described, also went temporarily blind in one eye randomly, lost 25 kilo in 2 months (not through heavy use as would be expected, I’ve never really used more than once a week or so as it takes that long for me to recover from each dose)
My doctors were so perplexed they put me through literally every test available and all came back clear aside from an unusual response to the ANA test commonly used to detect lupus but not conclusively, and I later got the all clear for that after a second test, and a diagnosis of second stage lung disease.

I think what likely happened is the meth, or something else in it triggered a mild autoimmune response which caused the initial weird symptoms and then later on my paranoia about it continued to exasperate the problem.

I never would have believed a person could talk themself into being sick until I experienced it myself.

I need to keep hoping that I will recover in the months to come. Doctors tell me that the brain heals itself and new pathways form. There is no other way I can carry on in life. What else can I do ....

Whelela,
I am sorry you are going through this scary experience.
I cant help but wonder if it was Meth that you were using or something more sinister that mimics Meth in many ways.
Take a look at this article if you feel like it. It may bring some clarity for you idk.
I surely wish a speedy and complete recovery and we are here for you. Let me know if I can help.

Harm reduction
fakestimwarnings.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/users-beware-fake-meth-n-isopropylbenzylamine-aka-n-iso-aka-death/

Whelela,
I am sorry you are going through this scary experience.
I cant help but wonder if it was Meth that you were using or something more sinister that mimics Meth in many ways.
Take a look at this article if you feel like it. It may bring some clarity for you idk.
I surely wish a speedy and complete recovery and we are here for you. Let me know if I can help.

Harm reduction
fakestimwarnings.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/users-beware-fake-meth-n-isopropylbenzylamine-aka-n-iso-aka-death/
You may be right, as I'm a complete novice I cannot be sure, but there's no way I can verify now ....

You ran out of dopamine dude.
That's what you get for smoking that shit.
You should really only snort meth and do it once every 2-3 months .
You seemed to have had a binge experience and the comedown feels everlasting because you smoked allot for a first time user. Seroquel or Zyprexa will fix these problems . If you ever decide to do meth again try snorting it. Do small lines . And try getting a anti-psychotic to help with the comedown. You can get seroquels from street dealers for about 3-5 bucks a pill.
Most doctors tell me that any imbalance of neurotransmitters like dopamine will likely have restored by the 7th week ...

I was close to quitting my job yesterday as the dizziness (which is motion triggered) got really bad at time and I don't think I can carry on. I took some Xanax, which instantly cured the dizziness. Some would think that this is a sign that what I have is panic / anxiety disorder, but I read somewhere that this could be due to the Xanax suppressing the central nervous system .... this wan work but how how long before my body gets addicted to the Xanax which leads to its own set of problems .... well at least now I can live through another week with the Xanax. I hope I haven't fucked up my life this time round ...

I'd say it's pretty indicative of a psychogenic origin / anxirty disorder type situation. 2 grams of methamphetamine is a large amount, but it's not as if it'd cause any persistent change that would be invisible to MRI and somehow cause very unusual idiosyncratic symtoms. 7 weeks is also quite a long time. After that amount of time not only should you have cleared all the meth out of your system in urine and feces, but you've had a more than adequate time to replenish not only stores of dopamine/NE/serotonin but also the receptors on the surface of nerve cells will be recycled and regrow over a similar time span.

Just because the symptoms may be psychogenic does not imply you're "making it all up" or "it's just all in your head and you should ignore it". What it does[;/b] imply is that you work on a "battle plan" which will allow you to return your mind to a less disrupted state, very likely with some combination of therapy and pharmacy.

Taking benzodiazepines will fix the symptoms for a bit but not resolve any of the underlying issues. I would be careful with those, if you treat them as a magic pill you are likely to end up even more distraught once they lose their magic efficacy. Most medical proffesionals say that 2 weeks is the longest amount of time you should be taking a benzodiazepine before you start seeing tolerance. Keep that in mind.

ummm

half an 8 ball in 2 days....

yeah...

it's going to take like forever to work its way out of your system. Just hold tight.

You may have had a transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke). TIAs don’t show up on MRI scans but they can leave you with lasting symptoms and problems.

Strokes can occur in all sorts of places in the brain, and the symptoms can be different depending upon where it occurs.

There’s also the possibility of arterial dissection due to acute increases in blood pressure. When this occurs in a major artery location like the carotid it can cause symptoms like you describe.

It could even be a vagus nerve problem if you’re feeling intermittently dizzy.

Meth causes all sorts of problems. It can wreck your gut microbiology and intestinal permeability as well as that of the BBB.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to never take this horrible drug again. Also stop taking all recreational drugs for at least six months and live as healthy as you can. You’ll be alright in time.

Well coming from a long time user of crystal meth (me of course) when i put it away and moved on with life i learned all kinds of crazy things that came from years of medicinal usage i trained myself to only ever use when i “need” it not want so ill tell you this most of what you are suffering is going to come down to this. Overthinking it panic on top of severe anxiety and it sounds like you definatly over dosed and got seriously delusional that of thing always left me feeling like i had just woke up from a very long dream so i decided to test it and in my experience even though meth will be out of your system in about a week after you stop the long term effects are something always worth knowing you drained you entire system of everything that makes us feel “alive” the brain requires sleep to cleanse itself of the chemicals that we use everyday to do even the most basic things like talking thinking walking even all of your 5 senses are long term effected so my working theory was how ever much you did times the length of no sleep factoring in not eating dreaming (which is suuuper important to the brain and immune system) and also the hyper awareness and sensory overload as well as the sensory suppression on the actual come down when you put it all down on paper and actually think about it you start to find the problem is literally “meth” is meant for that very exact reason if you use it medicinally or abuse it you still have to rememeber that the weight of your usage takes just as much time to heal from it if you ended up causing tension in your body i learned a trick take a belt wrap it about your chest when you get anxious or panic and then hug your self most folks i met would sit and clench an article of their body hands jaw or in my case my belly and that led to all sorts of wild rampant thinking when in fact what it actually was is i permanently now get muscles spasms and it makes my belly even to this day tense for days on end even if i only strain my self a little bit and that is still just because of small amounts i could not imagine what years of heavy abusive usage would do to the body long term you can and will cause permanent damage if you continue using and i strongly suggest quitting but if you do continue to use take the abuse part out of it itll take a while to acclimate to not giving in to urges considering we all do the drugs just to do them so it means when you get high you dont need anymore and leave it at that btw the way i used it was 2 lines a day 2 days in a row then one off eat sleep stay away from weed always wash your hands and shower wash your mouth and nose daily as much as you can and never touch or pick at your self self restraint is only hard when you dont care about yourself if 30 years of usage and all i came out with is muscle spasm when i get frustrated is all i ended up with then you will be fine i promise dont give up or give in and dont think about it too much thats all you gotta do