• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth old iv injection site

Awake&confused

Greenlighter
Hi. I iv'd meth a couple of months back. I had no experience, should not have attempted it, and have not done it since. I scared myself bad enough to stay far away from it. BUT I still have a bump on me where I tried to inject. It never turned red or hot to the touch. Yet I still have this bump here and lately it's been turning into a bruise like color. There's no pain or itching- it hasn't grown in size. I've been on a round of antibiotics lately for a wisdom tooth infection and I had lab work done about 3 weeks ago and it didn't show any type of infection- but I still have this bump 🤔 is this something I need to be seen for? I'd rather not go to the doctor for this if I don't have to. I'm in a type of profession where this could really destroy me- I tried searching the internet for answers but couldn't really find anything, so I came here. Can someone Please help. I've really been freaking out over this whole thing- 🙃 Thanks

It’s common for meth injection sites to turn into hard lumps. Meth is highly corrosive and greatly irritates the vein around the injection site leading it to scar. Bad injection techniques can compound this by causing the vein to collapse and you get a kind of ropey vein that you can no longer draw blood from. Personally my doctor can no longer get blood from my inner arms after a few solid years of meth and cocaine IV. However, so long as you don’t have an infection it’s not a major drama and new blood vessels grow around the sites to ensure adequate blood supply.

One little lump or two is really nothing to worry about long term. But good move on ditching meth IV. It sucks and does considerable damage to your mind and body.