• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants meth - I've smoked it for 5 days straight - will I be ok after?

WeShallOverCome

Greenlighter
Long story short - I've been a functioning addict for 20 years or so. Opiates where my first love. I've gotten over them twice with Ibogaine. Alcohol was next on the list. I still drink occasionally, but nothing like I did 6 months ago for 3 months straight. It's been a good 3+ months from that bender!!

So enter meth... I've tried it before a few times about 8 months ago. I recently came across some and have been smoking every day for the last 5 days - sometimes snorting a line or two. I haven't done more than .2g a day. The first day was great the second day meh, but like true to form I just had to finish the little baggy. Anyway, do you guys think I will go thru any withdrawals? I've read yes and no on other forums. I'm done with this after today.

Peace out everyone and I hope to hear from you soon!!

Have you been sleeping and eating properly?
You will probably go through a "crash" but it's not really WD and it's definitely not dangerous at all, you can just stop. Very different from downer WD (opioids, benzos, alcohol...), and 5 days of use isn't enough to develop long lasting symptoms anyway. You will probably feel tired, somewhat hungry and may feel like you don't have much energy/motivation for a day or 2.

Make sure to sleep and stay hydrated, eat some food good as well.

Everyone has different biochemistries, but I would say that with that level of use over a short period of time, you are not going to be looking at any kind of major withdrawal, just a little "crash." You are likely to feel a temporary dip in mood and may experience some anhedonia/tiredness/lack of motivation/depressive tendencies for a week at most and then should be back to normal if you take care of yourself.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep, eat three square meals a day of healthy, balanced meals (non-processed), stay hydrated and do some light exercise if possible.

Everyone is different as I said, but I doubt you'll experience anything approaching true WDs.

Last edited:
Not trying to downplay this or differing physiology. That isn't very much to do here and there as long as you get some sleep here and there. After 5 days of use, you might wake up on the 6th day wanting something to wake you up. You might have sore muscles or feel heavy, that kind of thing. There are supplements for that like magnesium, zinc and B-complex. If you ever want to kill a methamphetamine high you can drink Vitamin C powder

Whut? Just don't take any more meth, sleep and maybe take some vitamins. Sorted. I mean: 2 gr a day seems a looooot, but might be your meth is bad (?). Anyway, you might be tired feel exhausted and somewhat depressed... So: juts go to bed, drink water, take some minerals, B-Vitamins, maybe some essential amino acids, preferably l-tyrosine. Don't really know what u want to hear here...

EDIT: Maybe take some promethazine, too. Don't know.

Last edited:
Take some B vitamins and eat fresh fruit and vegetables and plenty of meat/fish/nuts. Not just like one day, for at least like a week or two.

You can bounce back from some insane drug abuse dude believe me, lol.

You will probably just be tired and cranky and would bounce back anyway even if you ate like shit.

You just bounce back quicker and better with proper nutrition. I'm not even gonna start on exercise, but that shit be important too.