• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Meth IV vein damage help

Fredperson

Greenlighter
Hi, I've been searching for days here, and other places, for answers to my exact questions but I can't find anything. this will be long winded and I'm sorry but for the love of God someone please help me.

Please help me. TLDR SUMMARY AT BOTTOM

BACKSTORY. SKIPPABLE.
I've been shooting drugs since before I finished highschool, with zero problems with anything other than meth. Meth in Aus used to have mad solvents and shit in it and I spent a decade at least slamming it, and due to vasoconstriction I'd miss and it would hurt but no "complications".

Then I quit meth, and started heroin full time for a year or so. No issues.

Got completely clean in February, relapsed gradually, IV'd apcyp twice, left mainline, both times caused SEVERE complications and the vein went from big and 100% success rate to fucked. It went rock solid for about a month, and now is like a bit of string, and cannot register. I assume it's dead.

This has led me to have to try and hit other veins I'm not so good at. Bear in mind im slightly pudgy, and have small, thin, girly veins. I also have a MASSIVE needle phohia. Meth being in the barrel makes it worse, and being high on meth makes it worse seperately.

I relapsed on meth about 2 months ago and due to cost had to get solventy, racemic, meth equivalent to speed paste. I've been drying then acetone washing it to try and help my veins.

I shoot meth 2-3 times a day, minimum .2 per shot. Usually closer to .4, mainly cos that's all I can fit in an insulin and use comfortably. Considering moving to 3ml barrels and 31 gauge.

THE ISSUE:

I shot right mainline 5 days ago. Didn't miss per se, but it hurt had and had huge swelling for days, I thought it was gonna be my first ever abscess, but I left it alone and it's coming good.

My left secondary mainline (inside vein) was my go to, but I fucked up somehow today, and it just fucking kills. It hurts so bad, and now there's a huge bruise toward the heart from it, and it's all swollen.

I've been wearing compression sleeves to try and help it but it's so sore. Like. I've never had issues like these, ever.

THE QUESTIONS:
1) What can I do to help my veins?
2) are compression sleeves harmful or helpful for this sorta shit
3) what's actually going on with the right main and left secondary specifically
4) please help me aside from going to a doctor or stopping IV. I have a super serious court case on the go, and going to a doctor about shooting drugs won't help that. I'm also extremely depressed because I've lost everything due to the bust. I've tried going to rehab but the ones I've spoken to won't take me for various reasons. Stopping drugs now isn't really an option.

TLDR: FUCKED MY VEINS FROM SHOOTING METH. HOW CAN I FIX THEM? And are compression sleeves good or had for severely damaged veins?

Rotate veins.

Drink more water than your body wants to.

Stress/fear can trigger a fight-or-flight response which can pull blood from your limbs and constrict your veins. Try to fool your body into relaxing.

There's no real way to fix them once they're done but if you rotate often enough and let them heal, they'll stay in business.

Try some foods or herbs to increase blood pressure. Or you can do some compound exercises (squats, push-ups, etc.)

I have no idea about the compression sleeves. If they're helping then keep using them.

. It went rock solid for about a month, and now is like a bit of string, and cannot register. I assume it's dead.
I know exactly what you mean and once that happens it's permanently collapsed. My body regrew multiple spider veins over the years to replace it, but they have caused all types of terrible circulatory issues.

1) What can I do to help my veins?

Unfortunately, stop injecting into them. You're at a crossroads here, and one I wish I could have chosen the right path when I met this same crossroads. I wish I had reached out for help at that point in my life, and I know it can seem impossible, but it's exponentially easier now than it will become.

2) are compression sleeves harmful or helpful for this sorta shit

Compression sleeves are good for when the valves have failed and the blood can't drain properly against gravity and pools at the lowest point causing pitting edema. There is a slight trade-off in the pressure it will put on the arterial walls, what compress are they? I wouldn't go above 10-15mmHq or you'll probably wind up doing more harm than good. Graduated compression bandages would be more targeted to increase blood flow to a specific area versus graduated sleeves.

3) what's actually going on with the right main and left secondary specifically

Once you have permanently collapsed a major superficial vein, there will be more pressure on the venous walls of the remaining venous system in that extremity and injections will become increasingly problematic.

4) please help me aside from going to a doctor or stopping IV. I have a super serious court case on the go, and going to a doctor about shooting drugs won't help that. I'm also extremely depressed because I've lost everything due to the bust. I've tried going to rehab but the ones I've spoken to won't take me for various reasons. Stopping drugs now isn't really an option.

The best advice I can give you, then, is to change ROA. At least temporarily, allow your body to heal itself, it needs it right now. I know it may seem impossible, but I promise you, it's not as difficult as you may think :)

I've lost all my veins into shooting heden and a-php it's worth it while it lasts but it isn't afterwards. STOP NOW and start smoking it, i Smokey now and it's just as addictive, the rush isn't as strong but you'll get there.

Thank you all for your replies.

Unfortunately I'm unable to smoke it. 1) I don't like it, 2) it's too fiendish for me 3) I made a promise to jakeperson about a week before he overdosed at his mum's house in 2013. IF for some reason I have to cease IV, I'll probably kill myself, or switch back to Oxycodone which is ultimately the same thing.

All I have is the rush. I quit for 7!years and it wasn't worth it for me. I'm too weak go overcome the trauma that drives me into this situation. I guess if push come to shove, I'd snort it, but I've already got a deviated septum from just that.

What I'm most worried about is when I go to jail and I'm using blunt, reused syringes which are REALLY gonna fuck my veins, especially with shit prison goofballs.

I know exactly what you mean and once that happens it's permanently collapsed. My body regrew multiple spider veins over the years to replace it, but they have caused all types of terrible circulatory issues.

so that limb is permanently done for me? :(

Unfortunately, stop injecting into them. You're at a crossroads here, and one I wish I could have chosen the right path when I met this same crossroads. I wish I had reached out for help at that point in my life, and I know it can seem impossible, but it's exponentially easier now than it will become.

youre right, and I know it, but i can't. I won't. I'm unable to try. I've had a loaded insulin with .45 grams in it,and I've been rumenating on it for 14 hours. I don't know whether to take the easy road and just use one of my damaged, sad mainline and push this goop so slowly (I can't dilute it anymore, it's a 1ml) or whether to halve it and do half into my groin and half into somewhere else, idk. I need to keep it concealable. Plus I don't know how to do neck without a mirror.

Compression sleeves are good for when the valves have failed and the blood can't drain properly against gravity and pools at the lowest point causing pitting edema. There is a slight trade-off in the pressure it will put on the arterial walls, what compress are they? I wouldn't go above 10-15mmHq or you'll probably wind up doing more harm than good. Graduated compression bandages would be more targeted to increase blood flow to a specific area versus graduated sleeves.

i don't know enough about compression sleeves. I have the standard elastoplast skincolour ones, which are meant to be doubled over, and skin colour, and I have "incredibrace" which are half way between the elastoplast, and doubled elastoplast.

Once you have permanently collapsed a major superficial vein, there will be more pressure on the venous walls of the remaining venous system in that extremity and injections will become increasingly problematic.

again, so the left arm is done? What about shove the elbow?

The best advice I can give you, then, is to change ROA. At least temporarily, allow your body to heal itself, it needs it right now. I know it may seem impossible, but I promise you, it's not as difficult as you may think :)

Thank you for replying. I legitimately don't know what to do. At this point I kinda hope I get put back on forced watched detox then sent to 13 week inpatient. I don't know. I can't see an outcome that doesn't involve me killing myself in jail, dying trying to get a shot, or overdosing on juice again.

I must seem so pathetic and I'm sorry for taking your attention away from people who can be helped. :'(

IF for some reason I have to cease IV, I'll probably kill myself, or switch back to Oxycodone which is ultimately the same thing.
I felt very similarily back in 2016, I actually wanted to die as well. But, that didn't happen. I would up in a hospital for 8 months with blood infection, sepsis, three open heart surgeries to replace tricuspid valve, a pacemaker and I lost the lower lobe in my right lung. I can promise you with the utmost confidence, the torturous hell of stopping now is nothing compared to what it will become eventually. I know it seems impossible now, I promise you it's not. I truly urge you to reach out for help, as you will more than likely need help at this point.

I guess if push come to shove, I'd snort it, but I've already got a deviated septum from just that.

Honestly, better to do that than continue to ruin the vessels and system that provide you with life. A deviated septum can be repaired, and does not affect the drug from passing through the nasal mucosa in the slightest. Your cardiovascular system can typically not be repaired from permanent damage, back to perfectly normal, and it will affect every single minor aspect of your life, as every single cell in your body is dependent on your blood being able to reach it to live.

I must seem so pathetic and I'm sorry for taking your attention away from people who can be helped. :'(

You're not, I've been in your shoes. I know the helplessness and utter hopelessness it feels like, just know you're not alone and there are many good people that are willing to help you and that you deserve help, too.

By the way, I used to use intrarectal administration when I was utterly desperate and could not get a vein to hit after hours of failed attempts.

Hey Fredperson, just wanted to send some love from a fellow Aussie meth shooter with f**ked veins. I put the damage down to the meth these days too. I've literally been in my apartment and watched the day turn into night as I spend hours trying to get a shot in. I gave in and started doing my neck, which was always a line I said I'd never cross. Then the spot i could reach gave up and I now pay someone (one particular person, not just anyone, to be clear) to shoot my neck. In no way do i suggest going in your neck ever though. Ever. Im prepared to be corrected, but I believe it's even worse than going in the groin.
Anyway, the world is just fucked. I hope you find some happiness some day soon x

Thank you all for your replies.

Unfortunately I'm unable to smoke it. 1) I don't like it, 2) it's too fiendish for me 3) I made a promise to jakeperson about a week before he overdosed at his mum's house in 2013. IF for some reason I have to cease IV, I'll probably kill myself, or switch back to Oxycodone which is ultimately the same thing.

All I have is the rush. I quit for 7!years and it wasn't worth it for me. I'm too weak go overcome the trauma that drives me into this situation. I guess if push come to shove, I'd snort it, but I've already got a deviated septum from just that.

What I'm most worried about is when I go to jail and I'm using blunt, reused syringes which are REALLY gonna fuck my veins, especially with shit prison goofballs.

Thank you for replying. I legitimately don't know what to do. At this point I kinda hope I get put back on forced watched detox then sent to 13 week inpatient. I don't know. I can't see an outcome that doesn't involve me killing myself in jail, dying trying to get a shot, or overdosing on juice again.

I have a suggestion that might seem extreme or gross but maybe “booty bumping” it could be a solution. You’ll get full absorption of the drug into your bloodstream within a couple or few minutes. It’s the strongest ROA second only to IV. You could probably work something out with dosage to compensate if you found it wasn’t quite there for you rush wise.

Not advice I’d normally give, but if you’re that determined at at that much of a loss without it, maybe that can be a solution until you’re more ready to reconsider how much you need this rush and to deal with these traumas. It’s less harmful than continuing to iV, and you will get a good rush and high.

I have a suggestion that might seem extreme or gross but maybe “booty bumping” it could be a solution. You’ll get full absorption of the drug into your bloodstream within a couple or few minutes. It’s the strongest ROA second only to IV. You could probably work something out with dosage to compensate if you found it wasn’t quite there for you rush wise.

Not advice I’d normally give, but if you’re that determined at at that much of a loss without it, maybe that can be a solution until you’re more ready to reconsider how much you need this rush and to deal with these traumas. It’s less harmful than continuing to iV, and you will get a good rush and high.

This is very good advice. When I was using meth I would switch to booty bumping from time to time to give my veins a rest. The come-up is super fast and quite cool actually. It’s not a white-lightning rush but it will satisfy your craving fairly well. I usually booty bumped more than I would IV. However, the risk of overamping is real.

Hey Fredperson, just wanted to send some love from a fellow Aussie meth shooter with f**ked veins. I put the damage down to the meth these days too. I've literally been in my apartment and watched the day turn into night as I spend hours trying to get a shot in. I gave in and started doing my neck, which was always a line I said I'd never cross. Then the spot i could reach gave up and I now pay someone (one particular person, not just anyone, to be clear) to shoot my neck. In no way do i suggest going in your neck ever though. Ever. Im prepared to be corrected, but I believe it's even worse than going in the groin.
Anyway, the world is just fucked. I hope you find some happiness some day soon x

Hey thanks. I appreciate that. I hope life shines a little goodness your way too <3

In response to the theme of the thread, i've started mixing them way thinner, improving my technique, doing 3ml of GBL before eeach shot to get the big boy veins, and going reeeeeaaaaaaalll slow. I'm noticing a lot better vein health but a lot more seizures / mood swings. unsure why.

This is very good advice. When I was using meth I would switch to booty bumping from time to time to give my veins a rest. The come-up is super fast and quite cool actually. It’s not a white-lightning rush but it will satisfy your craving fairly well. I usually booty bumped more than I would IV. However, the risk of overamping is real.

I know this is fucked attitude but that's fucked and i'm not doing that. thanks anyway. no judgement. it just ties into my trauma.

i poo poo it now, but when the day comes that i can't thumb in 1ml of blood SOMEWHERE, i will bash it up my asshole rahter than waste it.

UPDATE:
4 months later, the two veins i completely rape constantly have come back good. my secret: add more fucking water; and get better gear. if you need to be shooting more than .2-.25g at a time; your gear is shit. for .2, i now add 40iu not 20iu, and i also got better technique. I also dont force whatever doesnt dissolve easily by crushing and shaking to dissolve. if it wont dissolve in cold water with mild aggitation, it's not meth. aka dont shoot it.

and for the love of fuck if you must shoot wet/base/gak: dry it and acetone wash it first. yuck