• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth-having trouble due to depth perception..well, lack thereof

Redlady

Greenlighter
Hi all. I’ve been lurking and haven’t really found anything that has helped my particular situation, so I thought I’d finally come out and ask myself.

I’ve been blind in my right eye since birth. The “since birth” part is important. I’ve been a daily Mary Jane smoker for years; but just met crystal a couple of months ago. My husband used to partake frequently, so he’s been my guide. He’s tried to help me, but mostly he has to put my flame where it goes. I’ll be holding it where I think it should be, and he says “you’re nowhere near it.” I move it. He says, “now you’re farther away.” ?

I often have real trouble heating my pipe evenly. The hell of it is, I don’t know I’ve fucked up until my stuff is burning up. I think I’m hitting it with the fire, but I’m nowhere near it, or I’m hitting a part of the bowl and getting it too hot, so my shit burns up when it gets there. I usually do ok with a bic, since I can see the reflection of the flame, but even with that sometimes I fuck it up. Ive asked on other forums in other sites, and tried some ideas. None of them really worked, but I’ve tried:
exclusively using a bic or other “flame” lighter. This helps some, and at least if I torch the shit I’m not losing half the bowl all at once like with a torch. I still seem to heat unevenly though, and I’ll roll the puddle and see it just go SSSSPOOF!

Fixed lighter. I hot glued a bic to a plate. I found it difficult to keep lit, and I like to hold it over my head to see, so it wasn’t working either.

Haven’t tried: using a mirror. People have suggested this, and I sort of tried it, but I felt even more disoriented than usual. I was also afraid I’d spill. I’ve done tfat a time or two. So I’m not sure what the mirror is supposed to show me.

Will not try: snorting, iv, or the ass thing. I’ll eat it, as a matter if fact I have some I scraped out a bowl I fucked that I’m planning to try ingesting this weekend.

Any other ideas? Remember I said “blind since birth” was important? Lots of folks have said “if I close one eye I can still do it.” That’s because you know what it looks like. I have no memory of binocular vision. I don’t even really know how what you see is different from what I see, except y’all can tell how far away things are. ??‍♀️? I get frustrated and don’t even want to smoke because I feel like I’m setting money on fire.

Like anything, with enough practice you'll develop muscle memory, I'd imagine it would be quite possible to do with both eyes shut over time. Meth is a shit drug anyway, maybe it's better that you're unable to become proficient in this particular skill. But if you're super keen, just keeping getting hubby to guide you until you can do it by feel.

meth is shitty but the longer you hold the equipment the easier it'll get but is that meth comedown really worth it when you can have coke and not deal with a 3-6 comedown from meth? p.s. you can get a bong to smoke your meth with, , that way it's sitting infront of you and is much simpler i can't link any but if you youtube meth bong you'll see, i would go to a headshop if you consider my idea, you can hold the bong or sit it infront of you and see if that would make it easier

Welcome to BL RedLady :- )

Maybe something like a thin piece of coat hanger or even a wire pipe cleaner if you remember those. Bend one end in a loop around the lighter, have it stick out 1/2 inch from the side of the lighter, then bend 4-5 inches straight up.

You just have to touch the pipe bulb center with the coat hanger wire and the lighter will be lined up perfectly beneath it. Next you can work on height, maybe by making some marks on the wire to show how close you are to the pipe so there's no over/under heating.

Hope you find something that helps.

I’m have a tumor in my head put pressure on my ocular nevre I got shitty depth perception. Took a meter of fish tank tube wrapped a lil duct tape so it seal better stick that into stem