• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth: Coming Down and Withdrawal

It depends really. If a person is already depressed or crazy before they do meth, it's like the shit hits the fan. Otherwise they may be better equipped to handle the mental overload without wanting to blow their brains out. Personally I've NEVER been happy or remotely okay after a meth binge.

"Crashes" were never much of a big deal for me, honestly. I think people make too much of them.

yah, i find if you want a "real" crash, you must binge longer usually. and really go long and hard, so have lots of money to spend on a large stash that you can do about a month of hard binging on, then you got a REAL crash!

....usually. lol. i would do what you are sayin tho, pass out, then 2-4 hours later im wakin up, altho i would wake up feeling almost high, like i just slept 18 good hours instead of 4! lol, but then the fatigue was still more prominent throughout the day.

I think there was something else i was gonna mention but yah, i just slammed a bottle of tussin and its kickin in about now, lol, i got other stuff i gotta get to before it builds up anymore on me. but i would say, if you cant get to sleep, try doing some exercises, you'll be too tired most likely, kind of that sucky middle spot. so either KNOW you want to sleep and force urself to do bunch of pull-ups, push-ups, whatever, to get yourself more burnt out. For me, all i've had to do was lay in the dark for a while and just not think about stuff and eventually i'd pass out, plus i wouldnt be layin down until about 2-5 weeks later anyways so.....

but yah, there definitely is a hard crash. but the meth likes to carry you for the long haul so its more of a crash landing if anything..... to get that classic crash, you gotta really push it. I've snorted so many lines, enough to get a good tweak going. and instead i would go sit on my couch, end up layin down on it for a sec, then wakin up like dam! i guess i had passed out lol. I'd wake up 4 hours later after passin out around 5 er 6am most likely

Ugh, a month of being high on meth...that doesn't even sound like something I could do. I can't go that hard, sorry haha. Even three or four days with zero sleep feels very hard on my body (that's with NO sleep...if I take 1-2 hour naps each day I'm usually fine).

You think a month of being high on meth is bad? Try being high on meth practically everyday for years and then you will really experience the most fucked up withdrawals like hell on earth. That's what happens to me if I quit cold turkey. The first day without dope sucks but it really peaks on the second day and lasts for fucking months and feels like it never ends. I almost wish I was dead during the WD process, like I want to just fall asleep and not wake up. Nothing is worse than withdrawing from heavy daily meth use while being forced to stay awake because you have to go to work, school, take care of your kids, ect. It's nearly impossible and it feels like being tortured. I literally can't do it and I've been fired from jobs because I either called in sick too many times or ended up passing out in my car in the parking lot.

I hate how so many people downplay meth withdrawals like its nothing except being tired and it's not physical. That's complete bullshit..I've been addicted to meth for almost 8 years (smoked it the first time I ever did it and still hooked on the pipe, never even fucked with needles) and I've dealt with withdrawals way too many times and it's one of the main reasons why I haven't been able to quit dope without relapsing after a few months. The other reason I can't seem to quit is the intense cravings that feel like they never go away.

If I were to stop smoking shit cold turkey for a month I would become mentally and physically ill. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed to do anything besides take a piss or get some water, showering would be extremely difficult and I fell in the shower before due to severe lack of energy during WD, I get extremely lethargic and dizzy, can't think straight at all, everything irritates the hell out of me and I just get this uncontrollable rage that builds up, I would have to sleep for at least 16 hours a day minimum, I get extremely lightheaded and my vision blurs so bad I can't see at all everytime I stand up and it sometimes lasts as long as 10 seconds, so it's really scary. I get really bad chills but at the same time I'm sweating my ass off, along with nausea and sometimes vomiting. I always experience crazy ass vivid dreams/nightmares that feel so incredibly real, I'm in shock after waking up from them. I've had numerous dreams about twisting a big fat white puddle of meth and as soon as I'm about to hit it I wake up in almost in tears after realizing its just a dream and it's not real. Oh yeah and the depression is so fucking horrible and nothing is even slightly enjoyable or can put a smile on my face. Even if someone bought me a new car it would be hard to smile or be excited. Unlike a lot of tweakers who eat like a horse after they stop using meth, my appetite becomes non existent during WD and the thought of food makes me sick during for some reason. Btw I don't stay up for days very often these days, in fact I sleep just about every night at least a couple hours. On occasion I pull an all nighter or 2 but my tolerance is so high I can't stay up for longer than a couple days without sleep or the dope will stop working and I will feel like shit until I get sleep. The miracle of meth is that just 6 hours or so of sleep is enough to get high again after waking up and the cycle of living on very little sleep repeats itself. I don't even want to know how sleep deprived I am compared to the average "normie" omg it kinda freaks me out when I think about it. All those TV shows with doctors giving advice on keeping the body healthy mention how terrible sleep deprivation is and how people should be getting arounf 8 hours of sleep each night. All I can think of is holy fuck!! I used go stay up for days on a regular basis and sleep for a day, and binge again but the last couple years even though I sleep almost every night, it's usually only like 2 to 6 hours. Thanks to meth I don't feel the shitty effects of the lack of sleep, believe it or not I feel like a normal healthy person.

Last edited:
Oh yes, there is definitely a big physical component with meth abuse. The drug's effect on your dopamine receptors, for example...basically dulling your ability to feel pleasure without the drug. The depression resulting from hardcore methamphetamine abuse has been known to persist for six months, and probably even longer than that in some cases...some people never seem to recover from the detrimental effect that meth addiction had on their mind. Plus yeah, when you've been going hard on the shard and then suddenly stop, it feels like you have 0 energy to do ANYTHING, except lay in bed maybe.

I can't stay high on the drug for sustained periods of time...and I don't know how anyone can, honestly. If I stay awake on it for long enough my body begins to feel very uncomfortable, it actually starts to become physically painful and my anxiety gets ramped waaaay up.

Wow, thank you guys so much! I've been working on my story without seeing several of these responses, but all of this is really going to help.
I'm about to get into the part of the story where the character is going through severe withdrawal, and then psychosis.

Is there anything in particular I should know about meth-induced psychosis or hallucinations?

I can't add much that hasn't already been said but I used forms of speed for years, now I rarely do but its so easy to obtain where I'm from (Cleveland ohio area), I still "dabble" a little.
In my case, after years of use I won't even consider using meth, crack or any kind of speed unless I have something to bring me right back down after I'm out of that particular "speed"... Basically I hate the emotional crash - self hate and craving, so I typically use heroin to come back down, but I'm also opioid dependent...

A LOT of meth users experience crazy hallucinations but i don't get them very often unless I've been awake for several days but the hallucinations I get are usually mild and don't freak me out or anything. I'm always aware that they aren't real so maybe that's why they don't bother me much. What I notice is that I only see shadows and stuff like that if I'm in a dark room or in outside in the dark. Or I'll be driving at night and a mailbox will look like a person at first, or a tree looks like someone walking from far away. Thats the type of hallucinations I usually have and I always know they are nothing so it's not a big deal. Now once in a while if I've been up for a couple days, I might start hearing shit, especially if I smoke marijuana. I've only tripped out really hard a hand full of times but it hasn't happened in a long time.

I don't think I've ever had pshycosis before but I have lost control of my emotions which caused me to lose my temper and hit people during withdrawal. A lot of tweakers get extremely paranoid on meth especially if sleep deprived. I honestly don't get paranoid often and when I do, it goes away pretty quick. I had this one friend who I lost touch with but we smoked meth a few times together and she acted pretty normal but she I could tell she was starting to get hooked. A few days later she blazed with boyfriend and had a really bad trip that scared the shit out of her. She told they had been up for almost 4 days and started hallucinating like crazy. Apparently they both saw the DEVIL and lots of huge shadow people with glowing eyes it was all very realistic. This made them hate meth and said they will never touch it again. I kind think they were lucky that happened because she was coming close to developing an addiction and the bad trip basically saved her from it.

I had this other friend who was a fuck buddy a few years ago but ended up doing stupid shit so I lost contact with him. Anyways we used to blaze hella bowls together at his place and his room was close to the garage which means that if it was windy outside, the garage doors would shake a little bit and get noisy from the wind blowing. This would make my friend paranoid as fuck, thinking the banging sounds from the wind are people trying to break in. He would tell me to be quiet because they might hear us and would get an axe or a butcher knife and just stand by the door of the garage trippin balls. No matter how much I would tell him he's just trippin and no ones there, he still didn't believe me and would end up arguing with me. I was like ok dude no more dope for you lol. He was also one of those tweakers who would trip out thinking cops are after him. That got pretty annoying too and one time we were in the car at like 3 am and he started freaking out about cops. Then he was losing it so bad, he ran 3 stop signs while driving 70 mph in a neighborhood by a school with a 25 mph speed limit. That scared the crap out of me and I thought for sure a cop would see us and pull us over but fortunately we were lucky.

Meth and pretty much every drug affects people differently and I've seen people who lose their damn minds and people who act completely normal. I can honestly say that I'm someone who can handle drugs pretty well, but I haven't tried hallucinogens such as shrooms, DMT or acid yet so who knows how that would affect me. I really want to try them so bad though and if someone offered me any one of those drugs I would do it in a heartbeat. Damn I just realized how long my post was lol my bad, I always tend to ramble on way too much in forums whenever I post a reply;-)

Done meth for 20 yrs. Recently tried this ice . next day my fingers are swollen and hurting cant even bend them same with toes. Didnt know if it was the cut they use . anybody else have this happen?

1. It has been a lot of years since I have been able to get my hands on high enough quality shit to be able to stay up a week, but when I come down from a run the total lack of energy and finally becoming cognizant of the growling stomach despite recently redosing are both signs that my body is telling me the party is over.
2. I have a hard and fast rule that I set for myself and I don't go any longer than three days. Although recently, it isn't a rule I've had to worry about following as I have been hitting a wall at day two. For me, feeling the high to coming down is a gradual one. Every redose the effects are slightly less noticeable for me.
3. I would have to say it's mostly listlessness and a dash of depression.
4. At the end of a binge I feel all kinds of things - exhaustion, hunger, relief, a bit of depression, but mostly exhaustion and hunger. Once the effects of the drug are no longer being felt I look forward to finally being able to eat something and getting some much needed sleep.
5. I usually wake up feeling worn out and I will continue to feel that way unless I get a "wake up" which is typically comes from the buildup in the stem of my pipe from the last couple of days. I decided to only buy what I need to get me through the party and I'm able to achieve a feeling of normalcy without getting weird from the buildup in the pipe.
6. I have been using almost daily for just over four years and I experience symptoms at different intervals. The tired feeling was immediate and persistent throughout my last period of sobriety; I began experiencing the worst of the anxiety and depression 3-5 days after my last use that persisted for roughly two weeks until it got to be intolerable for me and I went to see my doctor and she gave me a prescription for a low dosage benzo to take the edge off but it was something that reappeared periodically throughout my sobriety; the irritability and anger appeared a month or so and last about two weeks before I could get through an entire day without being pissed off for one reason or another.

Meth isn't bad for the come down depends on how long you are awake I stay between 2-3 days amd have a weak come down been up for a week regretted it instantly was sore and had chapped lips

My friend says he feels achy depressed and just totally like shit coming down from meth he straight aches bad is that normal? And really is there any physical dependency type withdrawal ?

Comedown, Withdrawl Help

When i first Quit , i slept woke up and felt fine the first day. Went to bed that night and woke up 4 hours later Sweating. Took a cold shower and returned to bed. Same thing 4 hours later. The second day Was rough Negative 0 Energy , Brain fuzzy , Wanted to get high but didnt. That night Still had the Sweating issue. The 3rd day i said Screw it and Got some Bud(Cannabis), This may of not been the best way to deal with it But I decided to Smoke and Smoke , Goal was to Stay as Stoned as possible. This Actually Kept me Clean off Ice(Meth) I guess i was Too Stoned to remember that i felt like dog Shit and Had no Energy. Along with Bud i took this concoction of Vitamins
Beast comedown Cocktail
Potassium Gluconate 550mg-1pill
Omega 3 fish oil 1,000mg'1pill
Men's one daily -1pill
Calcium 600mg-1pill
Tylenol(250mg),Asprin(250mg),cafffien(65mg)-2Pills
Take with food and water
After a Week I felt fine

. Now 2 months went by and Nobody get could Bud , and Ice is always in abundance so here i am again.

Please not that I dont stay up for days , My rules are this
1) Sleep Daily at least a hour
2) I buy water by the gallon , 1-2 Gallons Daily
3) Set alarms on my phone Telling myself i must eat
4) 1-2 day break every week.
5) I have a chunk of my Paychecks auto transfer to my savings account so I Physically CAN NOT blow all my money