• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth bubbles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idontknowyou

Greenlighter
If a person shoots meth as their preferred drug and method, can a miss that leaves a bump cause a high weeks later? I have been told that IV use can leave these little "landmines" of drugs that can later "pop" due to trauma and result in a high.

For example, if one's last IV use was two weeks ago and they missed leaving a lump, could that lump then "pop" if it was smacked into a door frame, and then release the meth into their system causing a high? Or did the person relapse and is just not being truthful?

I am a family member that is trying to support a loved one as they try and get clean. I have never used meth nor done IV drugs, so I am not sure how this drug and method work. My experience and expertise are in other areas. However, getting clean is getting clean, and being able to support another in their journey to sobriety does not mean one has to have used that particular substance.

I've been looking around the forums and haven't seen the answer, but I may not be phrasing things correctly. Google hasn't been much assistance either, possibly for the same reason.

Please know that I am NOT trying to bust anyone's ass, I am trying to find out if this is a possible way to get high. If yes, then I would like more information on how, how likely it is to happen, and how far out may it happen? I want to be able to help this person be prepared for events like this if they are possible.

If no, I will approach this with love, gentleness and support for the person. I know relapses happen, I'm just not sure if this type of thing is real or a cover story. I want them to know they can be honest with me, and not make up a story for a relapse. I'm not going to withdraw from them over a relapse.

I care very much for this person and am only wanting to be able to support them. I do NOT judge. I have my own skeletons so pointing out the mistakes of others is not my style.

My post has gotten quite a few views, but no responses as of yet. I'm not sure if this is because readers are worried I'm looking to cause problems for someone, or if the answer to my question is unknown.

If you read and assume I only looking to cause problems for this person, please know I am not. This person is someone I would lay down my own life for and busting them is the farthest thing from my mind. I am only looking for this answer to know if this person is still using, or if "popping" is a real thing that can happen. If it is, how long can this go on?

I do not want to lose this person and I am afraid that I may.

If you know the answer but are unsure of my motives, message me. I'll give more details privately as to my concerns and why I am asking. Then you may see why I am asking these questions.

I know I am likely giving huge red flags and I am not trying to. I just don't know how to get the information I am looking for.

My post has gotten quite a few views, but no responses as of yet. I'm not sure if this is because readers are worried I'm looking to cause problems for someone, or if the answer to my question is unknown.

If you read and assume I only looking to cause problems for this person, please know I am not. This person is someone I would lay down my own life for and busting them is the farthest thing from my mind. I am only looking for this answer to know if this person is still using, or if "popping" is a real thing that can happen. If it is, how long can this go on?

I do not want to lose this person and I am afraid that I may.

If you know the answer but are unsure of my motives, message me. I'll give more details privately as to my concerns and why I am asking. Then you may see why I am asking these questions.

I know I am likely giving huge red flags and I am not trying to. I just don't know how to get the information I am looking for.

I highly doubt anyone is thinking that of you, a lot of people involved/know people involved with this particular drug have probably had a person they'd do anything to help as well and therefore understand your situation.

I wish I could help you out in someway, I regularly use it and have been for 2 years but I've never IV'd and I never will.
I couple close friends of mine have been using for much longer than myself and IV is their preferred method & not once have I heard of this happening. Maybe it's just never come up in conversation but I think that that's something they'd be likely to tell me (if it happens of course) - knowing them

I'm sure you have heard and know about the relapse rate of this substance.
I understand how worried you are as I have someone like that as well. Relationships and morales tend to become non existent when it comes to this unfortunately & I've realised you can only truly help somebody when they want to help themselves.. Please don't take any of this the wrong way as I'm the least judgmental person you'll ever meet, I'm just viewing it from experiences.

I hope someone can help you out further & I truly hope things work out for the best :)

my boyfriend is/was (he's incarcerated at the moment so is obviously not using now) a heavy IV meth user and he has never mentioned this happening ...I know from plenty of misses that it DEFINITELY doesn't happen w/ opiates, I don't really see much of a reason why meth would be any different.

I was an IV methamphetamine user. I've never had this happen, nor have I ever heard of it happening (which is significant, as I've known many IV meth/heroin users)

My understanding is that the drugs involved in missed shots (or subcutaneous shots, i.e. "skin popping") get absorbed slowly into the user's body. They don't remain latent for weeks.

Yeah that doesn't happen. If someone told you so they are high and trying to use a dumb ass excuse lol seriously tho

My understanding is that the drugs involved in missed shots (or subcutaneous shots, i.e. "skin popping") get absorbed slowly into the user's body. They don't remain latent for weeks.
This
There's no way a drug could stay in a lump for a week or two. It'll get absorbed in a few hours maximum.

Thank you all. That's what I figured was the real story.

She was doing well, two weeks clean and then her boyfriend got out of jail. Within 24 hours she was off the radar. When I was finally able to reach her, this is the story I was given. We had been talking almost daily but since his release, not so much. She isn't even calling her child that I have guardianship of. :(

I'm not going to ask her about it. I just needed to know for my own sake. I'll just continue reaching out, loving her, and supporting her as best as I can.

She was doing well, two weeks clean and then her boyfriend got out of jail. Within 24 hours she was off the radar. When I was finally able to reach her, this is the story I was given. We had been talking almost daily but since his release, not so much. She isn't even calling her child that I have guardianship of. :(

I'm not going to ask her about it. I just needed to know for my own sake. I'll just continue reaching out, loving her, and supporting her as best as I can.

I'm sorry to hear about that :(

It's hard but that's all you can really do unfortunately, until they come to you for help - they aren't going to listen. :(

Praying for the positives for you.

You might want to check out The Dark Side for support :)
I'll close this thread for now, as it seems you got enough answeres. If you want me to re-open it or have a question PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.