• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth as a study aide?

yea horrible idea. I'm sure it sounded good...when you were high...and we all know that shit goes🤪

I took 4 days off meth so I could finally work on my dissertation again today. I got three hours of work done but then the cravings got so bad I had a little meth to settle me down. Now I’m scrolling BL obsessively with one hand and fondling my dick with the other. If I’m lucky I’ll get back to my dissertation in a few days....it’s impossible to study on meth, or if you have an ongoing habit even when you take days off.

I took 4 days off meth so I could finally work on my dissertation again today. I got three hours of work done but then the cravings got so bad I had a little meth to settle me down. Now I’m scrolling BL obsessively with one hand and fondling my dick with the other. If I’m lucky I’ll get back to my dissertation in a few days....it’s impossible to study on meth, or if you have an ongoing habit even when you take days off.
Damn. I'm the same way. Get spun and I'm done. Can't focus on anything when I'm tweaking. Very moderate amounts maybe but who the hell moderates meth? I sure can't.

Guess i'm the exception. If i'm on a good one, i can have fun shoveling horse shit. Just super motivated.

The hyper focus is almost too much sometimes, to the point where i find myself locked into some repetative activity, usually on the computer.

Actual studying as in just reading/note taking though? Probably not.
The motivation is geared more towards outdoor work, gum flapping, or goofing off on the computer.

Last edited:
To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, "Six out of ten times, it works every time". Except it's more like 1 out of 10 times.
On a real though, on the one-out-of-ten occasions that don't descend into a weapons grade power-wank, I have genuinely achieved about a fortnight's work in 12 hours. And good work that stands up to scrutiny in a sober light.
BUT... the other nine times out of ten, forget it. Absolute disaster.

Some doctors prescribe adderall quite easily and it is an expensive process depending on insurance and etc but it's not the hardest to obtain legally as far as prescriptions go.

So many people think that meth is a harmless substance like weed. I'm not a DARE promoter but I wouldn't use heroin to help me study either lol. Eventually meth is just too powerful of a substance to use for a specific purpose. There are functional meth users out there but quite frankly they only exist on the internet. You're going to want to use it all the time especially when the crash kicks in.

Depending on your tolerance, 10-30 mg doses should get you high and productive without addiction