• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth - Any Way To Avoid/Reduce Oral Damage?

tackyjan

Greenlighter
First of all let me say, I KNOW I have a problem with Meth and I need help. I will try my best to stay sober as I have been before which we all know is the best solution. That being said, I have a few questions about Meth use and teeth...

1. Is snorting meth the only way that your teeth can get hurt after frequent use or does it matter which way (smoking, injection, etc.)? If it matters, is there a method of use that is "better" with respect to oral hygiene?

2. I have met many Meth users with great teeth who claim they know the "way" to stop it from hurting their teeth. Anyone have an idea how they might be doing it?

• - Brushing a lot?
  • - Some kind of oral coating/protector?
  • - Special mouthwash?
  • - Nothing?

Perhaps something like this?

61-tu%2BF9gqL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you,

TJ

Last edited:
There are two main issues that can lead to problems with your teeth. The first is that meth, regardless of route of ingestion, dehydrates you and gives you a dry mouth. It is the dry mouth that causes tooth decay. The second issue is simply oral hygiene. Just keep your teeth brushed and flossed daily - and don't overdo that because it's not good for your enamel and gums. Many people use Biotene mouth spray and/or lozenges to keep their mouth from getting overly dry. Obviously, don't overdo the meth so much that you are constantly battling dry mouth. And finally, stay hydrated!

Yep agreed, dry mouth = doomed teeth. Hydration and hygiene.

There are two main issues that can lead to problems with your teeth. The first is that meth, regardless of route of ingestion, dehydrates you and gives you a dry mouth. It is the dry mouth that causes tooth decay. The second issue is simply oral hygiene. Just keep your teeth brushed and flossed daily - and don't overdo that because it's not good for your enamel and gums. Many people use Biotene mouth spray and/or lozenges to keep their mouth from getting overly dry. Obviously, don't overdo the meth so much that you are constantly battling dry mouth. And finally, stay hydrated!
And a third is that the acidic aspect ingested orally/smoked strips enamel off the teeth and damages gum tissue.