• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth and focusing not working really?

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
I am pretty sure I do not have any amphetamine tolerance. I tried meth for the first time 2 days ago and it was just a bump. I've probably done only 5-6 bumps in the last two days.

I just did 2 bumps like 30 mins ago. The thing I'm here for is this:

I'm currently in a business and finance trade class. I sit here for 8 hours a day doing these horrid and tedious Microsoft Word projects. I have to do 53 of them to be exact.

So, I feel high. I feel fast and energetic and slightly euphoric. Almost overwhelming (it comes in waves of anxiety/overwhelmingness sometimes). But for some reason, when I open up my Word projects, I just get bored and go try and find music that isn't blocked on this computer or read on Erowid or BL and I don't do the work. I have this problem sober which is one of the main reasons I took the meth now instead of after school to socialize.

Is it shitty meth? Does my boredom with this task carry on into my high therefore making it still irrelevant to me? Did I not do enough?

Don't tell me to "just do it" and shit because I've been telling myself that and others have been telling me that my whole life and it's never gotten ,me anywhere. ADHD is a bitch.

Should I not save my last bump for later or should I do it now and see what happens?

Meth is quite fiendy. Like Ritalin. Or MDPV as I've heard. Prolly to a lesser degree.

Anyways help me out please.

Meth causes me to want to do things I love, not things I have to do. Just my experience.

Caffeine not your thing?

Ok, awesome reply, that's what I thought it was, just needed confirmation. I just did the last of it and I am in hyperspace listening to flume abd typing 100wpm lol (thank you pc games). And I drink a lot of fucking caffeine. I love coffee and energy drinks, although I have not had either in a cool minute because the machine on center is broken atm. I love stims in general. Caffeine is a shit stim but it's good when you have no alternative.

I just was under the impression that meth would help one finish a tedious task and make it enjoyable and create feelings of accomplishment with all the dopamine release. But I guess mind over matter, you know?

Thanks for the reply <3

Sorry for double post, it showed that I hadn't replied when I clearly just did so I posted again and now for whatever reason I am not allowed to delete it??

Me too!

And I went into more detail about it in my blog post. It is crazy fiendy. I kept going back to the bathroom and was searching the floor for dropped crystal powder because I had spilled a bump on my fucking slacks... (I found like one little tiny crystal). In my blog I explained I've already stolen some from my friend. This shit is scary. I'm already thinking about spending my next $23.01 paycheck on a baggie and forcing myself to use spaced apart to help with tasks.

This shit is crazy good. But what's weird/stupid is that it'll give me waves of anxiety/overwhelmingness and yet I still love it. And that's some shit I normally fucking hate. It's a good thing I'm all out.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with all the ADD kids taking speed, all I know is I can't focus for shit when I'm on meth, and everything takes 3x as long. No multitasking whatever. It is definitely not a drug for productivity. I can barely read a one page article without my mind wandering off to somewhere disgusting and over-sexual.

TBH? A downer helps with busy work better, cause they can slow your mind down so you aren't thinking about how fucking awful it is, wherever you happen to be.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with all the ADD kids taking speed, all I know is I can't focus for shit when I'm on meth, and everything takes 3x as long. No multitasking whatever. It is definitely not a drug for productivity. I can barely read a one page article without my mind wandering off to somewhere disgusting and over-sexual.

TBH? A downer helps with busy work better, cause they can slow your mind down so you aren't thinking about how fucking awful it is, wherever you happen to be.
Amphetamine self medication.

Doctors treat ADHD and ADD with amphetamines/stimulants. When people feel medicated and happy after taking speed, they are more susceptible to addiction than others. Most meth addicts on the street have ADHD or ADD.

I don't have access to downers. I just have whatever's around which almost never happens.

And damn, I've only masturbated on meth once so far and have no urge to. Nor do I think sexual. Strange.

It's never helped me focus on things I have to do that I don't like or don't really want to do. If I'm stressed enough about completing something (let's say a paper) - and by stressed I mean nauseatingly so - then I can focus on it extremely so, but I'm much slower compared to my natural ADHD hyperfocus (thus making it a false economy).

One suggestion I could make: have you tried a precise low dose? Like 5-10mg? Less could give you just enough of a kick, without pushing you into distractions as much.

I also started using meth to focus on school work... definitely not super effective compared to regular amphetamine. Too much serotonin action. I would highly suggest switching before you build any more of a tolerance. Daily use sneaks into a nasty dependence really really quickly.

That's the second time now I've seen the weird serotonin/meth thing.

So, for the record, differences between amphetamine and methamphetamine (the stereoisomers considered active for our purposes):

Potency and duration

Meth obviously lasts longer, and has Amph as a primary metabolite.
Meth is some 4x more potent at releasing DA (dopamine)
Meth is some 2x more potent at releasing HT (serotonin)

Now, please realize that a little bump of meth will still release far less of both than mainlining amph, and is all dependent on tolerance, other meds, cross-tolerance, timing of dosages, ROA, getting your DNA "sequenced", etc. For instance, SSRIs will interfere with both, but not by any serotonin magic, fluoxetine, paroxetine, and sertraline all inhibit a liver enzyme involved with Amph degradation, and can potentiate it, not necessarily in a good way (ie., not the rush).

It also means that, for the dosage needed to achieve the same "rush" or euphoria, meth would provide half the serotonin release of amph, which is very modest to begin with.

You two [mention]NeverHaddaChance[/mention] [mention]xbandit07x[/mention] probably experience more of a serotonin effect with amph and is why you enjoy it. It fits anecdotally too, with a lot of people preferring it, but meth is nearly free here and I'd have to beat up ADD middleschoolers to get amph (I'm pretty sure I'd lose anyway).

You two [mention]NeverHaddaChance[/mention] [mention]xbandit07x[/mention] probably experience more of a serotonin effect with amph and is why you enjoy it. It fits anecdotally too, with a lot of people preferring it, but meth is nearly free here and I'd have to beat up ADD middleschoolers to get amph (I'm pretty sure I'd lose anyway).

Actually I'm on sertraline so I don't get much of the euphoria (did at first, and I notice it's more potent if I skip the sert), but I use for the same reason. I just switched to a new family doctor that was more willing to prescribe something better than straterra for my add/atypical depression. I'd prefer to only use the adderrall, but the dose is too low so I'm tapering down on the meth and will get my dose of adderrall (hopefully he'll switch me to dexies) next week.

If you're having trouble with your doctor definitely shop around. For every doc that's afraid of amps there's another that isn't. You could also say that you were on them as a child and that you have been having trouble concentrating at work. Not sure about your age, but I'd say it would probably work. I used for the first time because my adderrall buddy was out and I had to ace my finals. Actually thought that's what I was buying at the time, I'd never planned to use meth.

And SSRIs tend to be protective in combination, since the blocked receptors can't take up dopamine leading to oxidation within the receptor. I don't notice any difference in legnth of effects either.

ETA- okay, so I reread your statement and amp has very little affinity for serotonin. Meth however does, I believe because of its effects on TAAR1. I prefer no/little euphoria and energy/focus to cook/clean/study etc.

Last edited:
Its like trying to focus better on a paper by having someone pull a gun on you.

When your in danger or use a bunch of meth you start to flood the parts of your brain involved in sex and fighting.

Just like while being robbed at gun point might make you infinitely more alert and focused id you tried to write a paper right after it be impossible.

I wrote five novels and a play then noticed "Strattera" (atomoxetine) that you were/are on. I don't know if you're aware, but that's not a "stim" as in a "dopamine stim", its an NE reuptake inhibitor with a fair amount of serotonin reuptake inhibition. You probably are, and I just confused myself instead, but as far as serotonin goes, won't make a difference b/n sertraline and atomoxetine.

Strattera has no dopamine effects whatsoever, which is what earned that marketer a bonus when he proposed it for ADD. No dopamine, so it's "safer" than Ritalin (which isn't really a dopamine releaser anyway). And yet it's still very stimulating what with boosting adrenaline. So, you won't be addicted, just have a heart attack or an anxiety disorder instead. Thanks, Mom!

But that's a good question: what's the subjective feeling of combining meth/amph with a NE reuptake inhibitor? Wipes out all the "stim" parts? Brief euphoria and you're calmly awake, no increase in heart rate or dilated pupils, no clenching jaw?

BTW, consider clonidine, if you did NOT like the stimulation of Strattera but want ADD therapy.

Its like trying to focus better on a paper by having someone pull a gun on you.

When your in danger or use a bunch of meth you start to flood the parts of your brain involved in sex and fighting.

Just like while being robbed at gun point might make you infinitely more alert and focused id you tried to write a paper right after it be impossible.

My friend, what if your girlfriend pulls a gun on you during sex?

Now, what if she did that but you took some Prozac because you didn't want to finish too soon?

And finally, you remember in the middle you have a paper that was due, twenty years ago when you still had to do papers like that.