Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth and Concentration

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Howdy,

This may seem strange but any how,

As a youngster I was diagnosed with very small ADD (attention defacite disorder) , The Drs advised my parrents that due to the small level I had there wasn't really anypoint in prescribing any drugs unless they wanted me to take them.

Never had any problems with social behaviour at school, went very well in all my studies etc.

Ive now been using a variety of re-creational drugs for sometime now, 3+ years, and have noticed something quite unusual.

When I smoke ice, which is usually in very small amounts for some reason my concentration seems to work better. I am able to have conversations that require more thought and have considerable more amounts complexity, I seem to be able to create better ideas than I normally would compared to being straight.

When having conversations with people whilst on Ice or comming down I seem to be more intersted in what they are saying, and generally my concentration on the whole has improved quite substancially.

I ask the question is it possible that smoking ice improves my concentration and thought, or is it mearly an illusion caused by my brain.

Ive had people also comment on my responses to quetions whilst on ice, claiming greater thought and idea has been put in.

Your thoughts please

Thankyou

TranceNation said:
Howdy,

This may seem strange but any how,

As a youngster I was diagnosed with very small ADD (attention defacite disorder) , The Drs advised my parrents that due to the small level I had there wasn't really anypoint in prescribing any drugs unless they wanted me to take them.

Never had any problems with social behaviour at school, went very well in all my studies etc.

Ive now been using a variety of re-creational drugs for sometime now, 3+ years, and have noticed something quite unusual.

When I smoke ice, which is usually in very small amounts for some reason my concentration seems to work better. I am able to have conversations that require more thought and have considerable more amounts complexity, I seem to be able to create better ideas than I normally would compared to being straight.

When having conversations with people whilst on Ice or comming down I seem to be more intersted in what they are saying, and generally my concentration on the whole has improved quite substancially.

I ask the question is it possible that smoking ice improves my concentration and thought, or is it mearly an illusion caused by my brain.

Ive had people also comment on my responses to quetions whilst on ice, claiming greater thought and idea has been put in.

Your thoughts please

Thankyou

Most definatley, i was diagnosed with ADD around 6 years ago and i can vouch for everything you have said above. I have many books on ADD and related maters. Pm me and we can work something out if you would like some books and litrature reguarding ADD and ADHD.

Quickly stumbled across some usefull information at rxlist.

http://www.healthology.com/focus_index.asp?b=rxlist (includes interesting videos)

i dont even have ADD (alteast i dont think), and i get the same thing. its a normal reaction (i think). and amphetamines are prescribed for ADD/ADHD. so afew tokes of "ICE" (meth), prolly equals a dexie or two :)

I've been diagnosed with ADHD and I find I focus a fair bit with meth. I have also had two doctors say that my seed use was an attempt to self medicate, which when I look back at it they were probably right.
I get dexamphetamine when I feel I need it, I don't use it terribly often now, only if I need to get assignments done and stuff. I have a friend in America, he's in his 40's and he also has ADHD. He gets a medication called Desoxyn, it's methamphetamine hydrochloride! He reckons it's the best drug to use for his ADHD :)

rm1x said:
I've been diagnosed with ADHD and I find I focus a fair bit with meth. I have also had two doctors say that my seed use was an attempt to self medicate, which when I look back at it they were probably right.
I get dexamphetamine when I feel I need it, I don't use it terribly often now, only if I need to get assignments done and stuff. I have a friend in America, he's in his 40's and he also has ADHD. He gets a medication called Desoxyn, it's methamphetamine hydrochloride! He reckons it's the best drug to use for his ADHD :)

Those lucky bastards with their unadultrated form of Methamphetamine (hcl) ;). Anyway back on topic. Do you guys think you feel somewhat "normal" so to speak after use of different amphetamine or amphetamine salts, like trancenation said, able to hold a concentration, complexity etc? Do you guys otherwise feel you had much lower selfasteem in your younger days of been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD as opposed to someone without the disorders? these are both very distinct conditions.

I believe Amphetamines work much better on people that carry the traits of ADD/ADHD as opposed to people that dont for the simple reason that some regions of the brain have just not matured in a way that they should have by a certain age. The cause of ADD/ADHD in the first place would be due to physical, chemical and maturational factors.

Abnormal neurotransmitter function would exsist and would result in less available messenger chemicals in the affected region of the brain and it is this abnormality that is "corrected" by specific stimulant medication.

There are two types of ADD, ADD with hyperactivity or ADD(+H) and ADD without hyperactivity or ADD(-H)

Now i must say i feel alittle bit stupid for posting the workings of a stimulant but i have alot of time on my hands today.

What a stimulant can do.

Improved or Increased:

sustained attention
short term memory
ability to focus
compliance and cooperation
fine and gross motor coordination
self control
alertness
self esteem
ability to stay on a set task
working habbits
improved ability to sit still
contentment
persistence of effprt
mood; calmness and relaxation
accuracy; self correcting behaviour

Less or reduced:

distractibility
impulsive behaviour
frustration
restlessness and fidgeting
aggression
defiance or opposition
fatigue
mood swings
activity level
immature or childish behaviour
daydreaming
confidence
lying and stealing

Ofcourse now we couldnt forget those lovely side effects that tie in with stimulant medication.

Common Side Effects of Various Stimulant Medication:
headache, stomach ache, upset stomach or feeling sick
loss of appetite
insomnia
irritability, moodiness and crying
rebound

Less Common Side Effects with Stimulant use:
changes in activity levels
drowsiness
tolerance
involuntary movements

Another link that may be of interest, http://www.add.org/content/abc/basic.htm

Last edited:
Ok, for starters, I don't believe it is a "stupid" thing posting information on stimulants. Even though they are commonly used in the recreational department of drug usage, not to mention Amphetamines being widely prescribed for those suffering ADD/ADHD. Alot of people would already know this information, as the topic has been brought up numerous amounts of times, on many other sites as well.

But, I feel... that even still, there is no such thing as "too much information" (especially regarding the usage of Methamphetamines/Amphetamines.

As for the effects you describe you feel, all very quiet common even for someone like me (I haven't been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD). Yeah, I'd go as far as saying that whilst under the influence of these paticular stimulants (amphetamines, etc...) that your ability to focus and concentrate is extremely heightened. This is one of the reasons why alot of University students have been known to consume, sometimes large amounts (even if they don't suffer from the above-mentioned illnesses.) of Amphetamines both from the illicit... and licit trade of drugs.

So, in-short... I'd definately say that Amphetamines/Methamphetamine does even increase one's Attention-span, Alertness and even to a certain extent, one's Memory (I know it does for me), but these are the positive effects however, and with Amphetamine abuse... unfortunately there are ALOT of negative side-effects from the drug (usually from mis-use of the drug). Just don't fool yourselves into thinking that "self-medicating" on a strong substance like Methamphetamine can improve your life, without professionally being monitored (obviously by a Physician, etc...).

But, yeah... I'm more than definate that most of the people reading this would know that anyways. You could never be too sure though. :)

Deformed_Neuron said:
Alot of people would already know this information, as the topic has been brought up numerous amounts of times, on many other sites as well.

That is why i said it is stupid, i know its not stupid lol but most of the educated people do know this hence why i made the comment, afterall as you have allready said this topic has been coverd a fair bit in recent times.

Yeah, hehe... I understand where you're coming from. It's all good though. :)

But, you'd be surprised how many people are ignorant in terms of what Amphetamines DO, and how they actually work on the body.

I have a 19 year old brother who just started getting into recreational drugs last year. I have tried to change his mind on taking drugs, but it just doesn't work. I have said to him that I don't even condone it. But he will never listen and I know that. So, I tried referring him to sites such as Erowid.org, Bluelight, etc...
You know what he said?? "Erm... they're drugs mate!! You take them to get high, not to bloody educate yourself."
Yeah... stupid response I know, but his mates have the same attitude and it appears to be a widespread practice (people taking potentially fatal drugs, without doing research into how addictive they are, or what other consequences that could be suffered.)

Things like drugs have a tendencey to attract alot of ignorant-minded people. If only the current Government funded health department would actually encourage sites like Bluelight to be read through, before getting into drugs, then this may not be the case so much.

Deformed_Neuron said:
Yeah, hehe... I understand where you're coming from. It's all good though. :)

But, you'd be surprised how many people are ignorant in terms of what Amphetamines DO, and how they actually work on the body.

I have a 19 year old brother who just started getting into recreational drugs last year. I have tried to change his mind on taking drugs, but it just doesn't work. I have said to him that I don't even condone it. But he will never listen and I know that. So, I tried referring him to sites such as Erowid.org, Bluelight, etc...
You know what he said?? "Erm... they're drugs mate!! You take them to get high, not to bloody educate yourself."
Yeah... stupid response I know, but his mates have the same attitude and it appears to be a widespread practice (people taking potentially fatal drugs, without doing research into how addictive they are, or what other consequences that could be suffered.)

Things like drugs have a tendencey to attract alot of ignorant-minded people. If only the current Government funded health department would actually encourage sites like Bluelight to be read through, before getting into drugs, then this may not be the case so much.

Couldnt agree with you more mate! It was only 3 days ago that i was refering people to bluelight, erowid etc, that i got the same answer as your brother gave you, SAD isn't it :/. I cant believe how anyone could take the use of any substance lightly.

^^

I wouldnt just put it down to stupidity, I just put it down to a lot of ppl dont know any better.. take me for example..... I had been taking drugs for 4 years I did because everyone else did and they seemed okay!

I mean, I dont research panadol or panadine before taking it, I didnt see the reason why this should have been any different.

I didnt even know about bluelight till my current S/O swore by this website and told me to check it out! So here I am....

But tell me how do ppl find out about bluelight????? There is no advertising about this, out of my whole group of regular friends (who consume) not even 1 of them knows anything about this site.

People just dont understand how useful this information is, but also I doubt they even realise how much more information is there is to know....

Instead of analysing peoples status on drug education can we please keep this on topic. Thanks

i guess i have nothing substantial to add to the thread, but my own experiences. i've never been diagnosed with ADD either, but i know and the people around me pick up on the fact that i get understimulated and in moods where i want to playfight and squeal and shit! just act like a childish fuckwit really. (i'm a 23yr old chick... so yeah, its a bit out of the ordinary).

anyhows, i'm also at uni and have often found it really difficult to follow lectures... i will turn off after about 2 minutes, not having the energy to actively *concentrate* on listening. the process of the lecturers words being absorbed and interpretted in my brain just didn't happen. *cue me spending the rest of the class reading NW magazine with the babble of the lecture as mere background noise.*

after my recent dabbling in the world of crystal, its almost the total flipside. i now seek out for more information to take in, participate in discussions and am generally on task more than ever before. listening has become more of a passive exercise rather than me having to consciously decipher the words. (pity this is my last semester!!)

but i guess there has to be a downside. mine is that i can't turn my brain off when i want to finally rest and get some sleep! twice in as many weeks i have laid in bed for the best part of 6 hours with a million thoughts running through my mind. if i had been able to transfer all these thoughts to paper, i would have probably completed the rest of my assessment for the semester already. a case of *body-soooooo-tired... m-i-n-d-SO-a-w-a-k-e*

Thanks!

First of all thankyou very much for all who have posted.

Your responses have been informative and quite interesting.

Its somewhat comforting to know that I am not the only person who has gained intellectual advantage from the occasional puff of ice.

If only everyone was as smart as all the people on B/L.

Many Thanks again