• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Meth/Amphetamines: Serious Discussion Only - V.2: MERGED with amps quitting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I feel that I should be able to post here as a user (not an addict)..."

the thing is people worry, and have every right to, they worry that you will become addicted and no longer a casual user. so as in any other thread people are sharing their opinions, concerns, and experiences. experiences are not valuable as facts but, they are for over all value.

"I don't have the desire to hit rock bottom anymore. I like it, I do it. I mean thats why people do anything..."

meth isnt just anything that people do, of course you like it, and of course you arent wanting/expecting to hit rock bottom, who would/does?!? if you feel singled out, its because people are concerned about you, thats all. its sad to watch someone deteriorate from any drug(S) or other situation, but there becomes a point where one becomes so out of touch they cant be reached, it happens too much. we dont want to see that happen with you.

^hmm thats a good way of thinking of it.
I've been doing it several times this week. My friend and I have been doing it while we are painting and cleaning his apartment. I'm too nice for my own good sometimes. lol I've worked as hard as he has there and I'm not even going to live there.
But we get more done spun and its better than doing it alone ya know.
Like I said I'm broke so I can't really afford it. Almost kinda, will work for my friends for drugs thing. Oh that sounds really bad.
But after he gets moved in he is going to have to be paying some major rent without a roommate yet and won't be able to afford it. So I think that will help a lot! I did talk to him last night that I thought after we get the apartment finished we should join together and leave the shards alone for awhile.
And no, I'm not trying to be an addict at all. I don't have the desire to hit rock bottom anymore. I like it, I do it. I mean thats why people do anything... lets not be hypocritical about it here. I feel that I should be able to post here as a user (not an addict)...

PT, this thread is designed to be a support system for methamphetamine addicts. This is not a place for you to justify your own use of methamphetamine. You are not doing anything different from someone who scores from a friend or a dealer for money.

I realize you may be upset at what others have said to you, but please place yourself in their shoes for a moment if you can. If you were attempting active recovery from being addicted to a drug that has significantly diminished your health and quality of life, isn't the last thing you would want to read rationalizations from someone who may be in the beginning stages of an insidious addiction?

Please avoid triggering or potentially triggering others. If you have any questions about what exactly that means, please send me a PM. I do not use methamphetamine, but can talk to you candidly about a time in my life awhile back when that was not the case.

Mia - please do get a hold of me if you'd like information about some treatment resources I recently discovered in our area. I have access to a lot of mental health resources, housing, food, programs at Kaiser, and even the dreaded NA. These resources were designed with the needs of drug users in mind.

Wingnut, congratulations on all of the progress you have made.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the conversation civil and keeping mindful that all criticism should be constructive in nature.

Pillthrill said:
^hmm thats a good way of thinking of it.
I've been doing it several times this week. My friend and I have been doing it while we are painting and cleaning his apartment. I'm too nice for my own good sometimes. lol I've worked as hard as he has there and I'm not even going to live there.
Like I said I'm broke so I can't really afford it. Almost kinda, will work for my friends for drugs thing. Oh that sounds really bad.
But after he gets moved in he is going to have to be paying some major rent without a roommate yet and won't be able to afford it. So I think that will help a lot! I did talk to him last night that I thought after we get the apartment finished we should join together and leave the shards alone for awhile.
And no, I'm not trying to be an addict at all. I don't have the desire to hit rock bottom anymore. I like it, I do it. I mean thats why people do anything... lets not be hypocritical about it here. I feel that I should be able to post here as a user (not an addict)...
Pillthrill, I have read your posts for a long time on this website and I really do not think that you have anything to gain from meth abuse. I was somewhat shocked when I read that you were using it at all. With that said, I know this a drug website. I am not trying to be hypocritical, I am addicted to poppy tea and I wish that I wasn't. The constant ups and downs of being dependent on something are terrible, and sometimes I feel like I will never get out of the mess I have made of myself.

Given all the information I have read about it though, I am thanking my lucky stars that I am not addicted to meth. You seem to have a bit of an addictive personality PT and even though you may have been able to abuse tramadol and opiates without becoming dependent, don't think for a second that abusing meth a couple times of week is not treading into dangerous territory. Once you get sucked in it can be nearly impossible to get out, not to mention the shit is neurotoxic and all of the negative side effects of meth use.

I would not even take a chance by continuing to mess around with it. You are rolling the dice with this one and should most definitely stop while you can. I am not trying to be a dick or attack you personally, you are a nice person who I don't want to see go down that road. Normally I don't go out of my way to try to talk Bluelighters out of bad decisions, but i have seen your posts and pictures and in a way feel like I Know you (not trying to be creepy here or nothing, as I usually lurk in TDS so you probably don't know me) and should at the very least make an attempt to reach out before it's too late. Best of luck to you, I hope you will make the right choice.

*Sigh* Drug_Wench and I already went over this...she said that this isn't solely for addicts. It is about the effects of meth on people's lives, offering support and what not without being made fun of or triggered like what has happened in other threads.

I wasn't aware that I was saying anything that was going to trigger others. Do the rest of you feel like I have? I'm starting to get pretty turned off with this thread. I was just simply trying to have a lil serious talk about meth use...

Q.S. -I know meth is one of the worst things you I can do. There is a lot of reasons why I should avoid meth. But I'm not ready to quit yet. Just not really motivated. The excuse that you are still having fun with it.... I know I'm denying it here I guess. But maybe I'll be somewhat forced to quit or at least cut way back here soon, next week or 2. End of the month tops.

I do feel, that you trying to justify why you should still continue to use meth, could be triggering.

I wasn't aware that I was saying anything that was going to trigger others. Do the rest of you feel like I have? I'm starting to get pretty turned off with this thread. I was just simply trying to have a lil serious talk about meth use...

I haven't been triggered by anything you've written here... but I have been a bit frustrated by it. It's nothing personal, Pillthrill. It's just sad to see somebody else starting to walk down this path of self-destruction, and (seemingly) not listening to anyone's warnings. At the rate you're going, you will become addicted.

I do feel, that you trying to justify why you should still continue to use meth, could be triggering.

I find your posts triggering PT, as well as pointless and selfish. You are not offering support to anyone else in this thread nor are you addressing anything that people who have been addicted to meth for years are saying to you. You are not posting looking for help you are posting here for attention and to update us on your rising 'addiction.' A blog or online journal would be a better outlet for that.

Drug wench has posted in this thread many times that it is for people struggling with meth use/addiction, not people enjoying the drug and that is what stage you are at. You just want to have fun with the drug and that's fine, but this is not the place to be posting about that. It is unfair to the other members who may avoid OD and DC because these sorts of posts ARE triggering, especially for you to be listing all the reasons you do not want to quit. Drug wench has stated many times that posts along those lines belong in OD not TDS...

I'm sorry if this comes off as bitchy but it is my opinion/observation and your posts have been triggering me to the extent that I have basicallly stopped posting in here. This thread is one of the only places I gather support and advice for my addiction and were you to be getting something out of it or helping others I wouldn't be posting this, but you are doing neither of the above, and this infuriates me.

OK guys, I'm sorry that my posts were triggering. Honestly that was the LAST thing I wanted to do.
Thank you very much Mia for the respectful non-attacking tone of your last post, while still expressing how you feel.

Last edited:
PT - fact is, yes u hav a right to b here esp as u r, IMO, in actual fact, in the early stages of meth addiction....denial
however, like mia, i hav to admit it maddens me a bit to see u, after ppl r deeply and desperately wanting and trying to stop it, just talking about it like this is a 'social thread for speed users' - (I've been doing it several times this week. My friend and I have been doing it while we are painting and cleaning his apartment. I'm too nice for my own good sometimes. lol I've worked as hard as he has there and I'm not even going to live there.

the point of this thread is for meth/amphetamine addicts to support each other/advise each other and share experiences (in a non-triggering way - ie.talking about the shit the drug has caused them rather than saying how much u like it!)
u will know this from reading the OP of the last thread (Version 1)

and its pointless if u dont take others advice too!
if u want to talk about how u enjoy meth use, im sure theres a suitable thread in OD/DC for this kind of talk

i gave u some worthwhile advice via PM but it wud seem it went in one ear and out the other
dont hide this from Sean, he doesnt deserve it
and go get some help - if u cant go without it uve got a problem
however if im talking to someone who doesnt take the help given to her u hav to wonder why u actually do want to participate in this thread as were all here to desperately try and help each other.....
this thread isnt about 'there there im sorry to hear that ur having problems with addiction', its about offering/receiving advice/support/information

btw to evryone who thinks they can 'control' their meth use after being an addict, u guys r dreaming....im sorry but it wont happen
thats like an alcoholic giving up and then having the odd glass of wine.....which admittedly does very occasionally happen wen ppl get on top of it very strictly
except methamphetamine isnt alcohol, its much more harmful and addictive
its a nice thought but its as delusional as any other thinking we hav while up on the P

wingnut - thanks for the advice regarding amphetamine detox
however id like to stress that is amphetamine detox as opposed to methamphetamine detox
esp if ur here in NZ smoking/shooting the 80-100% pure (60% at the very least!) stuff heavily
some meth users here actually need medically supervised inpatient detox! a serious side effect of meth withdrawal is psychosis (usually in heavy users, certainly happens to me evry time i even come down now let alone detoxify)
but thats great advice for all u speedfreaks out there! thanks again hun <3

lefty - props to u mate....keep at it!

motiv - im curious as to wat u meant by 'is there such thing as legitimate adderall use?' in the US there is, if ur prescribed it AFAIK

finally, onto how im doing with Mistress P
well im on it now......coming down i guess actually cos ive managed to force down some soup/toast and am snacking on some cashews for protein (thanks again wingnut)
the problems surfacing with it again, not quite enough to say ive relapsed but getting to the point of needing help
sadly my drug counsellors moved to hamilton, another part of NZ (100km or so from auckland but no im not traveling that far to see her!!!)
im on the waiting list to start seeing the only other one whos had experience with IV heroin use (my other problem) therefore is the best choice for me
i talk a bit about it to my friend whos also battling to come off it and we try to come up with ways to stay clean - its pretty hard for me cos i get it free from the gang i used to work for

its like ill find any excuse to use (this morning it was cause Mum didnt wake me early enough to take my methadone at the desired time and i missed my hair appointment.....8()
then later i so regret it.....even just after the rush i was regretting it - i was looking at 'Bruce' the P pipe and how 'blackened' he was (of course hes not now...i spent all day scrubbing at him with a cotton bud and some methylated spirits - in a neurotic, have-to-make-sure-hes-100%-clean, way) and thinking how much i hated myself for being a P addict
the usual guilt, shame and memories came over me

im now looking into ibogaine
its not available via clinic here of course but i do hav a friend who got off methadone with it and reckoned itd work for my 3 addictions - methadone, valium and (of course) methamphetamine
im willing to try anything now - the time is ticking
its bn 10 yrs on that shit....i want to get on with my life

if one pill can save me from having to wait till im weaned slowly/painfully over 2 yrs off valium, fully stabilised for 6 months then slowly/painfully weaned off methadone over how many yrs before this rehab takes me (and it has an 80% success rate for P addicts - but wat if im not one of the 80%!!!! now thatd b a waste of 15000$$....one of my mates went there and relapsed.....on P, after all), then bring on the ibogaine i say!

sadly my drug counsellors moved to hamilton, another part of NZ (100km or so from auckland but no im not traveling that far to see her!!!)

It would be so ironic if she's the counsellor who I start seeing in Hamilton! I've decided to get in touch with the drug & alcohol service very soon... it might take a few weeks before I can get an appointment, but it will be good to finally make that step. :)

^ TO PILLTHRILL.. Really? You don't think you need anybody's advice at the moment do you now?

Do you have any idea what ice can do to you? You play it up to get attention, then play it down when you GET the attention. Seriously dude what the fuck?

I can't post in here anymore seeing your posts. They piss me off, and are insulting. You want a meth addiction? Oh by all means go out and get yourself addicted and see how much fun your life will become. It ruined my life and I wasted YEARS on that shite, and It still haunts me and I have to use every fucking power in me to avoid it like the PLAGUE.

I don't care if this offends you, your posts in here OFFEND ME.

I cannot read things like how much you enjoy it, how good it is, BLA BLA BLA do you realize how that may affect people? It really fucks with me at a time when I want to come in here and post how fucking hard things are. No you don't. You don't because you keep posting in here.

You're going to keep hijacking this thread aren't you? Well I'm going to continue to stay away from a good, comforting place I used to be able to express how this drug effects my life. :|

Wow.....I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to be a problem and certainly not drive people away from a thread that they need.

I am rather dissapointed in myself that it has come to this and caused so much damage here. I hope that you can forgive me.

Again, I'm really sorry guys. I hope that you don't judge me or my character solely on this interaction..:( I didn't mean to trigger, offend or make anyone mad.

I'm sure posting when I'm high, is a bad idea.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you for your imput. Perhaps since you pointed out denial it might be why I've been acting the way I am. I am listening but not really applying cause I don't think I need to at this point...

thats the point.

im tempted to delete this thread and start a new one. PT, if you can not or do not want to take anyones advice as you have stated above, then stay out of this thread, as stated at the beginning of this, and other specific discussion threads, shit it even says it in the title, "serious discussion only..."

please post in other drugs, or basic drug discussion to chat about your habit. valid points have been made, and 85% or something of the posts in this thread are made by you or are pertaining to you, but you dont get it still.

once more, please seriously leave this stuff alone, please seriously leave this thread alone unless you have *TDS related comments* to make that have to with meth, when/if you start nearing bottom with the stuff then, come in, post and listen - other wise save it for OD or BDD.

i apologize to any other posters with a meth problem who find sincere peace of mind, and insight in this thread normally.

im tempted to delete this thread and start a new one.

If this thread gets deleted, is there a way to keep Wingnut's post about quitting amphetamines? There was some good advice there. And maybe it would help to rename the thread "Meth/Amphetamine Addiction", or something similar, to make it clearer what the discussion is about. Just a thought.

This has been said before, but I also think it's pretty insulting the way you are completely ignoring our warnings.
I have been on it for seven yrs. But I had no warning. Nobody showed me the dark side.
PT you have receivedthe same response over and over: get off it while you can.
Before it totally sucks you dry. Before it's all your life revolves around.
Seeing our posts about meth addiction I think should influence you to get off it

you know what the right decision is, yet you choose to ignore it and persist with the discussion of whether you should stay away from it or not
it's ultimately your decision, but if you choose to persist, you will spiral deeper than you ever knew existed

I think you're nice Pillthrill, but it hurts me that you don't even acknowledge what I've said to you...I wish you could see me now, how fucking pathetic I look, how I can't stop crying because of my fucking meth addiction today and I've been off it for 6 weeks...this is the worst feeling, I can't even explain it, I wish you would let me know that at least you've read what I've said to you even if it means nothing to you right now.

im now looking into ibogaine
its not available via clinic here of course but i do hav a friend who got off methadone with it and reckoned itd work for my 3 addictions - methadone, valium and (of course) methamphetamine
im willing to try anything now - the time is ticking
its bn 10 yrs on that shit....i want to get on with my life

if one pill can save me from having to wait till im weaned slowly/painfully over 2 yrs off valium, fully stabilised for 6 months then slowly/painfully weaned off methadone over how many yrs before this rehab takes me (and it has an 80% success rate for P addicts - but wat if im not one of the 80%!!!! now thatd b a waste of 15000$$....one of my mates went there and relapsed.....on P, after all), then bring on the ibogaine i say!

D_W, I hope a former cocaine addict I know who underwent ibogaine treatment and achieved an excellent level of success sees this thread. It seems to have been well worth it for him - I believe he relapsed just once in ~2 years (estimate) and is now clean. :) Good for you for considering it as another option that can help you achieve long-term sobriety. <3

To all who are struggling - <3 <3 <3 Know that you have the support of some really wonderful people here, and please know also that the mods are working very hard in conjunction with the regulars to keep everybody happy. If you have a question with which you think they can help, please PM one of them and open a dialogue about it. <3

If this thread gets deleted, is there a way to keep Wingnut's post about quitting amphetamines? There was some good advice there. And maybe it would help to rename the thread "Meth/Amphetamine Addiction", or something similar, to make it clearer what the discussion is about. Just a thought.

Thank you! I worked hard on that post and would definitely like it to be kept, so please, don't delete this thread ok? Thanks!

Peace!

no worries -

please, back on topic now :)

I thought this might be a good post for pointers on how to quit meth/amphetamines and feel good after quitting. I'm not an expert, exactly, but I've found some things that worked well for me so I'll add them here. Hopefully this will be good help for others!

1. Take a week (preferably two) off work to spend in bed or around the house. You'll need it! Amphetamines deprive your body from getting enough sleep - even if you think you're getting enough sleep while on them, they take up so much energy from your body that you'll need extra sleep to recover, and I mean a LOT OF IT! When I detoxed from adderall I spent about 16 hours a day sleeping. You might wonder if you'll ever get out of bed again, but by the end of the week you'll find that you can spend at least eight or so hours awake - that means your body is finally getting back to normal. The important thing is to let yourself sleep AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE for the week or two that you have.

2. Eat a lot of healthy foods - with lots of protein, vitamins, etc. I know from experience that when you're withdrawing, the last thing you'll want to do is cook, so make sure that you have lots of foods on hand that are easy to eat right away - yogurt, hummus and raw veggies, fruit, prepared sandwiches and pasta salads, etc. Don't worry about eating full meals, just make sure you snack consistently while you're awake and eat as much as you can.

3. Stock up on vitamins and supplements to take during withdrawal and afterwards. The first week, take a lot of L-tyrosine (an amino acid that restores dopamine to the brain), a good multivitamin (preferably the "superfood" kind that has stuff like spirulina, chlorella, other herbs, etc.), protein powder, and vitamins/supplements that restore muscle tone (amphetamines weaken your muscles and that's why you'll feel shaky on your feet). Good medication to take during this first week are benzos (be careful with these, you don't want to start a second addiction, but one week of benzos should be fine), and meds for restful sleep such as seroquel.
The second week, continue your L-tyrosine but stop taking benzos and use seroquel, etc. more sparingly. You may start experiencing more depression or anxiety around this time, so supplements I'd recommend are valerian root or kava (for anxiety) and St. John's Wort (for depression... don't take it at the same time as tyrosine, though). For medication, I don't recommend SSRI's (unless they've worked well for you in the past), but I do recommend Welbutrin and others that work well on the dopamine system. For me, personally, Abilify works really well for depression.
Note: If you're going to try psych meds to help depression/anxiety systems, make sure you research any interactions with supplements such as L-tyrosine, etc.

4. After the end of the first week (or even second week - whenever you can get out of bed for more than a couple hours) you'll want to start EXERCISING A LOT! Your muscles will have been weakened from daily amphetamine use, so you need to work harder to build them back up so you can feel strong on your feet. I recommend short, intense exercising that won't take too much time, but will build your muscles up fast. Try eating a good, healthy meal, waiting an hour or so, and then going on a good run/bike ride/cardio at the gym for as long as you can (at least 15 minutes, but hopefully 1/2hr/45mins if you can do that). After the exercise, replenish your body with a good protein supplement plus a high-protein food (ie. yogurt, meat), wait about an hour or so and then have a nice long sleep to let your muscles rest. Do this EVERY DAY if possible.

5. After a couple weeks the worst will be over, so your job is now to keep yourself from relapsing. I recommend removing as much as stress as possible from your life and letting yourself take it easy as much as possible. Also, make sure that you're eating healthy and exercising as often as possible - keep that up! It'll make you feel good and that'll keep you from craving as much. L-tyrosine and the multi-vitamin are the minimum supplements that you should keep taking for the next few months or however long you need them. If you feel the need for a psychiatric medication, you may want to stay on Welbutrin, Abilify, or whatever antidepressant/anxiety med works well for you - stay on it for about 6 months to a year because these meds work best over a several-month duration (and some of them take about six weeks or so to kick in), then you can begin tapering off them.

Remember that a daily amphetamine habit has long term consequences and you'll need to take extra care of yourself for several months/a couple years after quitting. However, i can tell you from experience that if you take good care of yourself after you quit, you can begin to feel good about life QUITE SOON!

thats a very well thought out and written post, thank you for your work :)

We can do it

D_W, I hope a former cocaine addict I know who underwent ibogaine treatment and achieved an excellent level of success sees this thread.
To all who are struggling - <3 <3 <3 Know that you have the support of some really wonderful people here, and please know also that the mods are working very hard in conjunction with the regulars to keep everybody happy. If you have a question with which you think they can help, please PM one of them and open a dialogue about it. <3

yep, great minds think alike mariposa - i was thinking of PMing him today but didnt hav the time in the end......maybe tomorrow night
however one way or another i wud like to know wat he got out of it and how it actually works physically on ur body
must b gd as he is like 20yrs clean now or something?
ive bn told sadly that im probly not a candidate for ibogaine (by Tanea - friend who took it) due to issues with my heart/fairly regular grand mal seizures :(
but i can only ask the actual doctor that administers it eh

the second part of wat mariposas saying - we definitely r working hard
this place is a refuge for me too so i work my ass off to make sure this is usually a safehaven (unfortunately im not on 24/7....none of us can b - even mods!), but as u see, PIP, ocean and mariposa hav all popped in to check on things and prune bits and pieces too
i hav rearranged the OP so it now contains some basic guidelines
they shud b obvious really but we dont want any more drama going on
and like mariposa said, evryone, if u dont feel comfortable posting a question or about an issue u hav with meth/amphetamines u need advice on publically, PM a mod
ive had, as u see, 10yrs worth of experience off-and-on with being addicted to meth, 15yrs of on-and-off taking regular speed both medicinally and recreationally - i can offer plenty of advice
and im sure other mods r happy to help if u dont want to talk to me ;)

2 days clean from the P!!!! trouble is im in that grumpy funk where little things r getting to me and im shitty/tired/etc etc....oh and hungry - lucky to hav a gd venison casserole from some frozen sika buck we had left over in the freezer (sika, the wild NZ mid-north island deer r particularly succulent)
but even the venison hasnt 'upped the P comedown mood'
shit ive bn wanting to knock certain ppls heads off that wudnt normaly bother me today....

footscrazy - the crying at 6 weeks clean is totally normal
i know u know that but im guessing its somewhat comfortable to hear that too whether u know it or not
ur doing well hun
even tho ur feeling down i want u to tell urself 'i can hold my head up - im wayyy ahead of this drug.....im beating meth and thats one hard ball game - im a warrior'
crying is very cleansing so by all means do so
i was bawling my eyes out about my P-smoking earlier today.....that and just my life being generally out-of-control then i remembered that oneday id conquer it
i hav full confidence in this
takes more than meth to hold me down forever
u tell urself the same
ive seen ur pic - ur a beautiful chick....6 weeks without meth and ull hav gained a bit of weight which makes for an even more beautiful chick....ur hair will b more glossy, ur skin more rosy
rest assured there is plenty going for u
hav u considered going on wellbutrin as u may hav a problem with dopamine-related depression? (lack of dopamine that is)
mariposa - rnt u/havnt u bn on wellbutrin? is there any light u can shed on side effects etc? (may b wrong but i thought id seen u post about it)

claire - i wish someone had showed me TDS at 15 so i knew the effects methamphetamine cud hav on me in future yrs too but thats life
i didnt even know wat the stuff was i was putting up my nose
we can only do wat were equipped to do.....instead of regretting the past we hav to move on and try all we can to get off the shit

PT has apologized and removed all offensive posts - lets, as PIP said, get back on topic

btw - i agree with PIP, unless anyone objects (in which case i can just do heaps of pruning) i see no reason to restart this thread
lets just move on
well b on the next page sooner or later

luv and light all <3
off to blast my brain with nicotine - the closest to a proper dopamine fix ive got for now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.