NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Shame it is recorded in that low-fi "necro sound" way, could have been something quite good if I could actually hear it.

How the hell I only heard these today is beyond me? Oh yeah they are American & American "Punk" sucks unless it's Power Violence.

Anyway these are great

The tragic loss of Erik Brødreskift (a.k.a. Grim) I still hold as one of the biggest losses in the BM scene, I rate his music skill right up there with Per Yngve Ohlin (Dead)
His drumming skills were amazing imho & I can tell his drumming right away, the guy played on Pure Holocaust - Immortal (one of the best BM albums of all time) & also did some drumming for Gorgoroth too.

Just stuck it on now, that blast drumming is something else & when you think this album came out in 1993 it sounds so raw & Norwegian, a true scene making album. This to my ears in all parts (drumming, vocal ,guitar) is as classic black metal as you can get.

Just stuck it on now, that blast drumming is something else & when you think this album came out in 1993 it sounds so raw & Norwegian, a true scene making album. This to my ears in all parts (drumming, vocal ,guitar) is as classic black metal as you can get.

This is a brilliant, underrated album by Immortal. I say underrated because, despite getting a lot of praise, it has been overshadowed by the also fucking icily brilliant At The Heart of Winter... You're spot on, PH has such a brilliant combination of sounds- perfect early 90's BM guitar tone, Abbaths most evil vocals and drums that sound like a god using hammers to play stormclouds. Love the fucking bizarre and mangled lyrics too- not a clue in hell what the fuck he's on about, but its perfect. Nice choice mate (y)

This is some fucking doom:

This is a brilliant, underrated album by Immortal. I say underrated because, despite getting a lot of praise, it has been overshadowed by the also fucking icily brilliant At The Heart of Winter... You're spot on, PH has such a brilliant combination of sounds- perfect early 90's BM guitar tone, Abbaths most evil vocals and drums that sound like a god using hammers to play stormclouds. Love the fucking bizarre and mangled lyrics too- not a clue in hell what the fuck he's on about, but its perfect. Nice choice mate (y)

Thanks, yeah I agree with you 100% on your post as that album imho is a classic, there really was something special about the stuff that came outta Sweden / Norway during the early 1990's. Proper BM to me should be a "feeling" inside you, I cannot find the correct words to express it but if you put that album on when it is cold outside & pissing down with rain. go crash out on your bed in a dark room you'll feel the "vibes" if you follow me.
These days not many BM bands have that vibe to them sadly but one guy I worship who always hits the nail right on the head is Satanic Warmaster, also a guy from the Ukraine I love called Mopok always does amazing work, his first album is something else & is right up there in my view.

This whole album I've never got fed up of, it still bangs as hard as the first time I heard it, the first track Полум'я Війни (Flames of War) made me jump the first time I heard it when the vocal kicked in, he sounds like a demented witch being burned back in 1250 AD England.

My dogs most loved BM album, she used to bark & howl in parts when I would play this album.
When I would get drunk & be "dog sitting" for my mom etc & would say to her "You want to dance with me & play some black metal?" she would wag her tail & she would get so excited if I asked her if she wanted to hear some Satanic Warmaster, she was a true fan of underground black metal.

Hail the Finnish underground black metal, hail Satanic Warmaster.