• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids metadone penury, fentanyl for few days ?

BillyBrain

Bluelighter
I'm on methadone 60mg since 9month. I'm actually travelling and i finish m'y stock and i come back home only at the end of the week. I've been to the hospital but they wont supply me.
A friend of mine offerd me fentanyl patch. Don't know the dosage yet ( she"s on the way ) but i was wondering if there was any contre indication and what is the best way to avoid to be cold turkey without beeing fucked up.
Hope somebody can help me.

Fentanyl is a potent drug, but you can mitigate danger by doing an approximate conversion. There are charts that require some simple math to deduce what that dose will be and there are calculator apps/programs you can use. Make sure you cross-reference whatever you come up with, everybody makes mistakes. Although fentanyl is a relatively short acting opioid, the transdermal patch is going to be a controlled-release of the drug over time, so you are at least partially mimicking the long-acting nature of methadone.

Fentanyl and methadone have some differences in effect, but they are both opioids and thus should control your pain/withdrawal if you get the dose right.

This is just what I've found in 5 minutes of typing, as I said, check different sites to verify the accuracy of this information. Things get a little bit more complicated when calculating the dose as fentanyl patches' dose are based on a per-hour delivery. Also, be aware of incomplete cross-tolerance and how it might effect you.

Say you have a 25mcg/hr patch and you put it on the skin just as it comes, that's going to be equal to 14mg - 18mg of methadone po. I believe that the methadone dosing indicates once per day dosing, whereas the fentanyl patch is going to hit full stride around the 24 hour mark and last for a couple of days. The issue of timing is where I get confused, so do your research. Hope this helps.

Usefull indeed i didnt know about the conversion charts i came across this one if it can be usefull for someone else here it is :
fent_patch.gif