• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Mesocarb derivatives

clubcard

Bluelighter
In the UK, mesocarb is a class C controlled drug. It's slow onset & long duration don't lend themselves to abuse. Some recent papers show increased potency with a nice tolyl group to oxidize so:-

5-(Phenylcarbamoylimino)-3-(1-phenylpropan-2-yl)-5H-1,2,3-oxadiazol-3-ium-2-ide - Mesocarb

5-(Phenylcarbamoylimino)-3-(1-p-tolylpropan-2-yl)-5H-1,2,3-oxadiazol-3-ium-2-ide - Analogue

It is more like Modafinil than a stimulant. It could possibly be a nootropic. In the same vein, Fluorenol is interesting, relying hydrogen bonding and a single lone-pair. I would presume gluconation is the main route to excretion. CRL-40,941 has p-F on both aromatic rings to reduce abuse potential.

A lot of complex work on nootropics is interesting, but well studied agents are, by far, the safer option. The thing is to ensure it's non-abusable, non-toxic and with a known metabolism. There are many more but I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

I've tried several agents and they all caused consistant nightmares. I mean full on waking up with you heart-rate >100 with the dousing of norepinephrine. I am sensative to all stimulants, being bipolar, so I would need something that I can take in the morning but is all metabolized if not eliminated before I try to sleep the next night.

Well, it's certainly in the patents. A few actually and synthesis goes through no controlled drugs (even when they are only intermediates).

There's quite a few compounds that aren't on the lists of nootropics I've seen but I presume it's the blind leading the blind. I don't believe rodent models are much use for improving frontal lobe activity. Piracetam is becoming dubious to sell because it's used to bash smack. In the UK, a guy got sent down just for having a big bag of bash so I certainly wouldn't want to supply it any more than I would want to sell p-F BMK although not on the UK precursor list. A friend of mine (the mole people) says he sells a stack of the plain nitrostyrenes. He's making a fortune selling a perfectly legal compound. Interesting guy.

He set me a quiz. there is a single step route to speed that uses only 1 aromatic compound and 2 ionic compounds at 68C. He tested it and it works... nice puzzle but not something I would spend time working out. Like I said, nice guy.

US 8415385 B2 - so, just adding that extra methyl increases LogP while giving the body a convenient way of metabolizing it. It's more potent as a 'wakefulness' agent but the p-Me will make one of the metabolites less stimulating.