View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines MEScaline for chronicle migraines

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I have a friend ( it’s really a friend, not doing the swim thing) who has been getting bad headaches every couple days for a while, I know that mescaline is supposed to help a lot of people with migraines, but she takes respiridone and a SSRI, which I know are supposed to block the effects of hallucinogens, so I’m wondering if they would also block the anti migraine effect

Uhm, the antipsychotic and SSRI probably interfere.
Has she tried microdosing shrooms or another tryptamine? A full trip most often isn't necessary, it's also easier to find. I know someone who a synthetic tryptamine (4-AcO-DMT) worked wonders for, in like 2-3mg doses.

I’m able to acquire San Pedro really easily legally, And I don’t know anyone who sells any of those, I’d ask you for a phone number but the blue light police would come after me, i just ordered morning glory seeds too

Tryptamines work best for headache relief and are the most studied for it. A very low dose of mushrooms is more likely to help. In my experience phenethylamines like mescaline can actually cause me headaches occasionally as they are somewhat stimulating and vasoconstrictive.

Tryptamines work best for headache relief and are the most studied for it. A very low dose of mushrooms is more likely to help. In my experience phenethylamines like mescaline can actually cause me headaches occasionally as they are somewhat stimulating and vasoconstrictive.
Okay, thank you, I just son the know where To find shrooms, I could buy morning glory seeds or Hawaiian baby wood rose though, would that work

Not really; the seeds are even worse for vasoconstriction. Great trip, though.
Try googling Psilocybin microdose to find out more . . .

Lsa containing seeds have also been known to cause vascoconstriction.

A few studies, as well as extensive anecdotal support, have indicated the effectiveness of psychedelic tryptamines for the treatment of both CH and migraines [3, 6, 7, 912]. These substances are structurally similar (indole alkaloids) to the triptans currently prescribed for the treatment of CH. Even so, the prescribed non-psychoactive triptans do not abort cluster episodes or prolong remission periods as psilocybin or LSD reportedly does [13]. Schindler et al. state that the combination of high efficiency and low rate of adverse effects observed with the psychedelic tryptamines is not seen in any of the currently used treatments [9]. However, some reports on the non-psychoactive LSD analog BOL-148 have shown equally promising results for the treatment of cluster headache with similarly reported low rates of adverse effects [9, 1315]. BOL-148 is currently not available for use in clinical practice.

They do go on to say some tryptamines possibly help in this aswell but no studies done on them.

Ok, I guess I’ll look for some shrooms, datura with nightshade tea works though right? Can I just give that to her?

Don't do that, datura is fucked. A very tiny dose (like 1-5 seeds) shouldn't cause bad effects, but it's extremely difficult to dose and know the strength. Besides that I have never heard of it relieving headaches.

You can grow mushrooms.

Mescaline is known to sometimes cause headaches, I wouldn’t recommend it. DMT and other tryptamines are the way to go.

-GC

I don’t think migraines or psychedelics are completely understood,so I don’t think so

That's what I expect - and a quick perusal of studies and google search results didn't reveal any conjectures about how it works.

I've found a 1/2 gram of mushrooms once or twice a week significantly lowered the number of headaches I have and provides a strong antidepressant effect.