• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Mescaline Cactus Subthread] Peyote

Xorkoth said:
Either that or it was the placebomine. :) I'm curious now.

Could it be a combo of placebomine and nor-placebomine?

Or even placebodine?

Xorkoth said:
Well, smoking of various phenethylamines works, even 2C-Xs although it's very dangerous to do so, so I don't see why mescaline couldn't work too, at a large enough dose. I think it would suck to smoke that much of a chemical though... and anyway it seems like a waste of mescaline. Did you smoke pure mescaline or an extraction, or did you smoke peyote? I can't tell from your post.

Either that or it was the placebomine. :) I'm curious now.

It was peyote, dried cacti.
I'm not trying to advocate anything here, for the sake of argument it was the combination of placebomine and placebodine (silly Xorkoth, nor-placebomine isn't psychoactive =D )
Happy now?

You could be right nikol - I once mixed placebomine and placebodine and it almost blew my head clean off. Extremely powerful psycho-active compounds.

it could also have been the case that it was another one of the alkaloids in peyote that was active via pyrolysis. There are a lot others in the plant than just mescaline.

Peyote question ? thanks for help

"*PM : Im New to this web , today is my first day - AND I Have NEVER Touched a hallucinogen in my life before im 22 already "
this weekend im going to get a few buttons im not really sure how big is one button , it's coming from a big plant shop famous around my state .. , i just wanted to know how many gram is one button approximately .. (grams of mescaline )? im also not sure about how many years old it is ... i think it is old enough to be consumed , so how many buttons will be fine to get coloured visuals maybe not a strong one but a dosage that will make you "Feel" or "Know" that you are getting the effects of it . Does it depend on where you live that a button will be more concentrated i live in thailand .. it's sunny and dry ... . I Might get to choose aswell what indicates that the button is more potent do i have to look at the colours ( eg the button is a lighter colour or darker ? ) i know the size the bigger the stronger .... . Thanks alot for your help * The Peyote im getting is in a pot planted one per pot ...

Extra question : IF we consume it do we just take the peyote out of it's pot and eat it bit by bit like eating a burger ? do we have to do any preparations or anything of that sort ? thanks alot to everyone ...

*I've read the forum policy already but still curios, have i done anything to break the forum rules ? if i have please guide me thanks

Peace And Love .. to all my fellow psychonaut's

If you do actually have access to peyote, and intend to eat them, please do keep in mind that it takes at least 13 years for one peyote button to reach maturity. Potency varies widely, but as a proper dose for one person is usually 10-20 buttons, you are consuming over 100 years of life. Are you ready for that responsibility?

Please have maximum respect!

sorry , if i did say something wrong but for me life is not as amazing as for a person who has acsess to hallucinogens ... , i live in a place where not even the cops noe what a hallucinogen is ... thailand and nobies ever heard of lsd mushrooms or any sort all hear they noe about is meth speed X weed coke alcohol nicotine nothing else , u can take a pack of mgseeds and eat them while walkin down the streets passing a police station with ten cops standing looking and nothing happening to you .. . so .. . im not really desperate cuz if i was i atleast have a once in a life time oppurtunity acsess to mg's cuz u cant find them here aswell but i can i dont , i want to see the amazing part of life aswell i want to see the other world within and i dont know about .. . . .

i really need help so in consuming peyote's the best way to satisfy my soul for once ....

thnkx

mescaline content depends hugely on the age of the cactus. even if you get cacti of a good age (like 5-10 years iirc) you'd still need about 10 (iirc again. don't have a very good memory, i'd have to look erowid again) for a decent trip.

when consuming peyote it is usually cut off at ground level, so that it can grow back from the root left in the soil. just eating the buttons should do it, but won't taste nice for sure.

i'd recommend eating san pedro instead. if you can get peyote san pedro should be no problem at all. also mescaline content is pretty independent of age with san pedro, so dosing should be way easier. on top of that it's not an endangered species.

They'll probably be young peyote which are completely inactive. The shop owner probably saw you coming.

They need to be at least a good 10 years old to be able to trip off them and even then you'd need to eat about 10.

yes

I know eating peyote is something that needs preparation and respect.. but still, the taste is horrible, I cant stand it so I puke and then I cant eat more, I just cant swallow it.. Is there a way to cover that the awful taste?/

dry it powder it put it into gel capsules no taste at all 8)

10 or 16 what?

dose is between 10 (strong dose!) and 16 (very heavy dose!) medium sized buttons. You have to eat them whole, chew the swallow (I mean all the button excepting the root, but I guess you have buttons with the roots cutted off from them)...you can make a tea with those if you want (taste is said to be very very bitter)

it should say grams because if someone eats 10 to 16 buttons will probably not walk away ever.my 300 pound experienced brother ate 20 grams I think dried and was beyond gone for 1 and a half days=D

I read the indian women and children took 8-10 buttons. The experienced men took upwards of 30.

Mescaline is very, very gentle compared to mushrooms and LSD.

^^those are about the numbers I've heard too, although I watched a documentary (sorry don't remember the name, ill email my old religions prof sometime soon) wherein they talked of how elders tend to take more and they interviewed a very old, very wrinkly man who had consumed nearly 60 buttons the night before. When asked why he ate so many he responded that he knew peyote would tell him when to stop eating and it didn't stop until about 60

you guys are fucking crazy a button is the size of between kiwi fruit and tennis ball eating 60 would blow out your stomach. if they are super small buttons there is not enough peyote mescaline in it it has to be more mature to be stronger.

yea I d\see what you are talking about now i thought the buttons people where talking about was the ones like mine which is the size if a baseball the other one a soft ball and that is a nice mature plant and buttons are grape sizeish I love my peyote cactus. It has like 50+ 1/2 inch cotton pieces sticking out in spots it is beautiful.