• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Mescaline Cactus Subthread] Peyote

yea I d\see what you are talking about now i thought the buttons people where talking about was the ones like mine which is the size if a baseball the other one a soft ball and that is a nice mature plant and buttons are grape sizeish I love my peyote cactus. It has like 50+ 1/2 inch cotton pieces sticking out in spots it is beautiful.

I'm a little confused. When people refer to "buttons", do they mean a whole cactus, or the dried slices referred to as "buttons" by wikipedia, or what? Because a friend has come into the possession of a cactus about the size of a tennis ball, and all this talk of consuming ten+ buttons has me wondering if he has enough peyote to even mildly trip.

I couldn't eat ten of those things. For a start it would cost me around £300.

^no, not thats not nearly enough. plant it, or graft it, you'll have enough some day

Does anyone have experience with growing peyote? My buttons are turning light green and I can't work out if that's because it is getting too much or too little light. Any advice much appreciated!

Good for you growing peyote, quite a commitment!

I think it's probably not getting enough light. But I'm not totally sure. In the wild, peyote tends to grow in partial shade so it's not like they want full on blazing sun. On the other hand, they grow in a very sunny environment, so even with partial shade they are still getting a lot of light.

What kind of light conditions are they in right now?

You might consider nutrients, probably too little nitrogen could do that too (but they live in very nutrient poor soil, so they really don't need much at all).

Don't put too much weight on my words, this is by no means an expert speaking!

They are in a part-sunny part-bright-but-shaded environment. So that seems like it would be the right environment, which is why I'm perplexed! Hot & dry as well.