• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Mephedrone Addiction

Leftley

Bluelighter
This is mostly to people who were (or still are) addicted to mephedrone.

For the last 6 months I had been a mephedrone user.. ranging anywhere from 1 gram / day.. to splitting over 30 between 3 or 4 friends.. over a total of 3 days. For the most part, after the second month, mephedrone stopped doing what it did, i took it because I "needed" it inside my head, sometimes I would placebo myself so bad I'd believe I'm having physical withdrawals and would end up running a fever. Over the last two weeks I have only taken around.. 300 - 400mg

Anyways.. ever since I stopped taking it all I can do is eat,eat,eat,eat. First I thought it could be tapeworm.. so I went to get that checked out. No tapeworm or anything that could effect me like it. Then I hear from about 6 other friends that recently quit as well.. that no matter how much they eat they always feel hungry, like myself.

So basically... just wondering, anyone else out there that quit(or even still taking) and now their stomach never feels satisfied?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very normal occurrence when going through any sort of withdrawal, however very prominently with amphetamine like drugs. Just try to eat healthily and exercise, you will go back to normal.

I have been sober from various drugs, mainly coke, for 60 days tomorrow and i still eat more than usual. However i guess i don't know what i "usually" eat anymore since i had been high every day for 3 years.

Also you are eating a lot because your brain needs something new to latch onto, something new to fill the void. Exercise and hobbies can definitely help you recover faster in this sense.

I did 1g/day for 3 months & stopped suddenly. I was extremely sleep deprived & depressed, which quit bothering me after a month, but I didn't notice any appetite changes.

Is it surprising that one of the w/d effects of a drug which happens to be a highly effective appetite suppressant would be increased appetite?

I would consider this to be entirely expected.

Same thing happens when I stop taking Prozac--tapeworm syndrome. I can gain about 15 lbs. in 2 weeks from all the binging and never feel satisfied. Since serotonin regulates appetite to some extent, I imagine that's what mephedrone is affecting. More serotonin=less appetite. Don't know much about meph but that'd be my guess.

It sounds really similar to quitting smoking, oddly enough. Every time I try to quit I feel that there is some part of me that needs to be filled, but food doesn't fill it, but you still feel that hunger.

The same thing can occur when someone suffers an emotional loss. Many teenage girls start binge eating after break ups.

So you have an empty spot that use to be filled with a habit, nothing will quite fill it until you become accustom. However, you can find something else to habitually feed your hole besides food.

For smoking (and I know it is not quite the same), I drink large amounts of water. Tons of water. Other people fill it with hobbies and exercise and just basic stimulation.

You're not alone. This happens to many people going through psychological withdrawls.

Thanks for creating a topic on this subject, this is great for harm reduction. I'm going to add this to the Mephedrone section of the OD Directory.

I added the word "Addiction" to the thread title to differentiate it. :)

And I slipped up.. again. Bought 3g.. lost 1.2g, not sure where though, must've pulled it out my pocket when I was pulling out my cigarettes, or showin some peeps some buds.

& MsSensitive

Yeah.. thats pretty much it, i mean when theres nothing left to sniff up my nose after a binge its worse.. the emptiness i feel straight in the middle of my chest is like a deep dark void.. now its just an empty space. oh oh and yeah, i drink tons and tons of water too now.. i can't stop drinking, but i've always been a little bit of a fish when it comes to thirst :p

Last edited:
Very interesting, reminds me of quiting amphetamines. Your bodys trying to build it self back up.

Is this stuff even that fun, maybe to try once? I'm not a uppers person, but all this discusion about it has peaked my curiousity.

Also there's a thread in australian drug discusion you might want to check out about 2 people that I think have done meph for a year.

Peace.

I'll admit to you that the first time it was so amazing, I wasnt sure what to do it with it, I was reckless, I railed 0.5 at once and my friend (who is addicted with me at this moment) railed the other 0.5, was too much.. so it was a risky decision, I walked out stuttering, bouncers asked if I was okay, couldnt breath properly for two minutes, but then being outside I felt so great in the cool air, I just walked back into the club and enjoyed my very first dubstep party ever (bar 9).

Anyways, yeah its great at the beginning, its like rolling on pills.. but so much filthier and with a big SMACK straight in your face.. not mellow at all. Now its still fun, but its not the same, I've lost the magic and I have a feeling its never coming back, and at a certain point I always get "Stimulant Psychosis" i believe thats what its called. and "Cocaine Bugs" (which may be from my prior cocaine use around a year & 1/2 ago.) This is after 3 days of no sleep and alot of meph.. the worst is if I've seen by parents or something that could easily get me paranoid when I'm fucked.

"cocaine bugs" refers to the sensation of insects crawling under the skin. There are no real bugs.

One effect of cocaine use is the development of hallucinations, a sensation of insects crawling under skin ("coke bugs") and other continuing psychotic effects.

im at it again.. and its the weekend, and I have money. not good >:p

you are eating alot for 2 reasons. 1 your body is trying to gain the nutrition it lost while binging 2 you are bored and want to consume something obsessively to take the place of the mephedrone.

Case solved
that will be 100 bucks

i dont understand how people can become this dependent on stimulants.... i mean, to me, stimulants seem to always make me feel worse the longer i use them which has always just sort of kept me away from using them for longer than a week or two at a time (with several month breaks in between consecutive uses)...

opiates I understand because after you stop taking them, you physically get sick as fuck.... almost forcing you to take more.

What are the effects of mephedrone withdrawal?

Anyone that has withdrawn from opiates and mephedrone that can compare and contrast the two?

I am just curious.

^It's quite easy to become dependent on speed, I cant speak for mephedrone. But amps give you the ability to do alot of things very fast, and also make you feel good. So when you stop you get depressed, and have no energy to get out of bed or even do anything.

Alot of people addicted to amps dont even get speeded up, they usually chill out and are able to do there normal everyday work. During a comedown it's like there whole world stops haha.

IMO it's a bad withdrawal mentaly, without the muscle/bone pain--pain in general from opiate withdrawal. But mentaly it's terrible.

It makes you feel empty. You long for that burning feeling hitting the top of your nose. I miss the taste also imo its good it got banned. Havnt touched it for months and im glad. Every now and again i do miss it. Just dont like how it makes you sit there and rinse all your stash for three nights straight with not much effect after the first night.

I think your body is just building itself back up. I have had crazy depression after coming off it, we did a good 20 gram in. Took about 4 of us and over 4 days, I went back to work on the Tuesday and man it fucking hit hard. No willpower to do anything.

Now I still use it lightly, 1-2 day binges while drinking at the weekends and this is the best way to treat it. Only doing in 5 gram max between 2-4 of us.

lol binged all day yesterday. i shat blood cause i tried so hard to shit.. scared me so bad. then a major nosebleed in the morning when i blew my nose.

hydrochron said:
Alot of people addicted to amps dont even get speeded up, they usually chill out and are able to do there normal everyday work. During a comedown it's like there whole world stops haha.

This.

lol binged all day yesterday. i shat blood cause i tried so hard to shit.. scared me so bad. then a major nosebleed in the morning when i blew my nose.

This.

Yea I have had the blood too, don't look so good lol

I would watch, it may be burning your insides and causing internal bleeding (especially if your taking it orally in caps). Admittedly the stuff is nasty, is a chemical and will cause your body damage, especially using everyday.

I have cut it right out to the weekends, even this weekend I didn't touch it. It's not so hard to come off it, just be weary of mega depression after long term everyday use. 7 day binge was enough for me and I'm a big guy, 6'1'', 17st. late teens.

You will feel no motivation what-so-ever to do anything, even going to bed is a struggle, depending how your mentality is you may feel suicidal. I am really not joking how this stuff can fuck with your brain, after all it is neuro-toxic.

I would keep about 10 Valium pills in your drawer to hand incase you get this, lasted around 3-4 days for me.

What are you currently using per day?