• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

most people i know are mature students now infact everybody in my chem class has worked in industry for years. Though in my undergrad i was a mega stoner druggie and everybody in my chem class was on drugs aswell not to mention pretty much everybody sold drugs aswell. Was fucking crazy i pretty much spent my entire undergrad either high or some sort of drug 24/7

I wasted those years but, that was my life, if I'd done anything differently, that person would not be me, just an otherself living another life in someone else's world, so whatever, that's my past self and I accept it.
I was not even a part of your conversation but just wanted to say that I really needed to read this sentence today. Fucking gold thank you<3

Glad to hear you found it helpful! 🙂 I always try to remember that if I find myself regretting stuff, dwelling on past decisions or imagining "what could have been"... in my view, while regret is useful in a sense, as a way to learn and plan our future actions - that's as far as it goes, and we all need to remember that anything else is pining to live in another reality that, in this one, does not exist, and to be a version of ourselves that never existed, never could have existed. The way things happen is the path through time that makes us who we are, and all other paths lead to a person who is not us - and to wish to be them is to wish not to be yourself, not to have more, be more, have done more or anything else - just not to exist. That other version of your life that so many people waste time envying, ruminating about - is not real and was never going to be real. Reality will play out as it was always going to, and alternative versions of that reality do not exist, and alternate versions of ourselves - are not us. Just IMHO, of course.

I hope you will give the sertraline a fair chance, especially if you can nix the rec drug use for awhile so you can really evaluate its effects. I am anything but a strong proponent of SSRIs, especially for myself, but if I have noticed one that its users tend to celebrate, and it is Zoloft (sertraline). My ex wife has some serious depression and seasonal affective disorder issues, that six weeks of Zoloft helped to totally clear up.
Yeah... no doubt that would be sensible and I'm sure my therapist will say the same.... honestly just not sure if I can, at least not right now... I have about a month left before I'm leaving the company I've somehow become trapped in, despite massive stress for years, but in this last month at least I have some shit to finish up so as not to fuck myself on the way out... such is my un-augmented apathy towards any kind of work-oriented work (by which I mean... not just any work, but work specifically for my current job) seems almost physically impossible... my therapist has said "no time like the present, there will always be an excuse"... but I'm not sure I agree... 🤔 After finishing up my extremely inadvisable disso dalliances I'm most likely gonna stick to just benzos and amphetamine as augments for where sertraline doesn't help me enough, for now... that feels somehow less potentially headfucking at least... maybe I'll try though... I dunno. Equally I think in some ways I was pretty comfortable and happy with my previous life of occasional self-medication... and in a way, only sought out therapy to prove somehow to certain people in my life who cause me a lot of stress, even if unintentionally, that I was doing something to deal with my "drug problem", in the words of a certain person I plan to cut ties with as soon as I can... thanks for your input though. I'll see how I go.

Posting a lot here recently it seems, feels like I should give someone else a turn... 😄

As it happens anyway in answer to the thread question I feel somewhat frustrated, ambivalent, I dunno, also admittedly high courtesy of the amphetamine I've been doing for the last 2 days now and the benzos to balance out stim-induced anxiety.

Had a fucking shitty morning, Skyping my one time friend and business partner in the company I co-founded and am currently trying to leave, and, fuck, I tried to go into it calm but the guy is fucking intolerable. After listening to a tirade of insults about how I'm selfish, lazy, shitty at everything basically, I then had to weather a brief period of actually discussing the important shit we were supposed to be discussing, and then maybe an hour of refusing to be drawn into discussions about emotions and feelings. Guy is a fucking narcissist and I've learned for a long time now that I cannot have any interactions when I'm not psychologically somewhat stable, any emotional vulnerability is a weakness to be exploited. This time I just refused to be drawn into pointless bullshit, just stated my disagreement and that I had no interest in justifying it or influencing anyone else's story about their life. Apparently it's not all about me, I have a victim complex, am a drug addict (maybe true that one)... fuck me. It's not all about me, clearly, but seems to be all about someone. We just cannot understand each other at all anymore. Recently I've even been taking an etizolam or 2 prior to any such phone calls in an effort to better cope with all that fucking bullshit.

Have to meet (virtually) again this Saturday, then a day the following week, then maybe not for a while. Can't wait for this shit to be fucking over. One positive outcome though is that I might now be stepping back one month earlier than planned, will be paid less but fuck, no amount of money is worth this.

Followed that up with a therapy session, I like the guy and he has a good and rational manner but just can't get behind the "no substances" thing. He doesn't push it, tell me what I should be doing, just tells stories mainly, but the moral of them is clear. Although I do find it hard to relate to some of them coz of my addict-ego that I'm somehow too smart to ever develop a serious problem despite skirting the edges of many... I know that's not true of course, I could completely fuck up my life as easily as anyone. But, hopefully all will be OK.

Clearly haven't slept enough recently. Gonna sleep a lot tonight and try not to do any drugs tomorrow so I'm lucid for Saturday.

Much love everyone, thanks for reading, if you did.

Posting a lot here recently it seems, feels like I should give someone else a turn... 😄

As it happens anyway in answer to the thread question I feel somewhat frustrated, ambivalent, I dunno, also admittedly high courtesy of the amphetamine I've been doing for the last 2 days now and the benzos to balance out stim-induced anxiety.

Had a fucking shitty morning, Skyping my one time friend and business partner in the company I co-founded and am currently trying to leave, and, fuck, I tried to go into it calm but the guy is fucking intolerable. After listening to a tirade of insults about how I'm selfish, lazy, shitty at everything basically, I then had to weather a brief period of actually discussing the important shit we were supposed to be discussing, and then maybe an hour of refusing to be drawn into discussions about emotions and feelings. Guy is a fucking narcissist and I've learned for a long time now that I cannot have any interactions when I'm not psychologically somewhat stable, any emotional vulnerability is a weakness to be exploited. This time I just refused to be drawn into pointless bullshit, just stated my disagreement and that I had no interest in justifying it or influencing anyone else's story about their life. Apparently it's not all about me, I have a victim complex, am a drug addict (maybe true that one)... fuck me. It's not all about me, clearly, but seems to be all about someone. We just cannot understand each other at all anymore. Recently I've even been taking an etizolam or 2 prior to any such phone calls in an effort to better cope with all that fucking bullshit.

Have to meet (virtually) again this Saturday, then a day the following week, then maybe not for a while. Can't wait for this shit to be fucking over. One positive outcome though is that I might now be stepping back one month earlier than planned, will be paid less but fuck, no amount of money is worth this.

Followed that up with a therapy session, I like the guy and he has a good and rational manner but just can't get behind the "no substances" thing. He doesn't push it, tell me what I should be doing, just tells stories mainly, but the moral of them is clear. Although I do find it hard to relate to some of them coz of my addict-ego that I'm somehow too smart to ever develop a serious problem despite skirting the edges of many... I know that's not true of course, I could completely fuck up my life as easily as anyone. But, hopefully all will be OK.

Clearly haven't slept enough recently. Gonna sleep a lot tonight and try not to do any drugs tomorrow so I'm lucid for Saturday.

Much love everyone, thanks for reading, if you did.
I hope things have smoothed out over the last week. You’ve got a lot of heavy stuff going on.

Today has been terrible. I don’t even know where to begin. It is more than a year too late to do anything about anything I care about, anyways.

Thanks @ControlDaddy, sorry to hear about your terrible day. I hope tomorrow will be better. 🙂

Myself... things have got better just because the end of all this shit is looking closer. But worse also because I've been neglecting almost every positive habit and am still on/off on benzos and speed.

I seem to be unable to nix the other drugs right now, as per your advice, and am considering just not renewing my sertraline prescription when it runs out in a week or so... I know because of my currently compulsive drug habit I haven't really given it a fair chance... but equally, I'm just not convinced it's the right option for me anymore. It was nice to be given a diagnosis and an option other than talk therapy but it hasn't actually made anything easier 5 weeks later and after being almost entirely sober for about 4 months I'm back on the polydrug train... also I'm pretty sure every stress in my life is related to the situation I described that I'm desperately trying to get out of... so I see no point anymore in trying to medicate away an objectively real problem.

I guess on balance though... ah, I'm feeling pretty shitty if I'm honest, but feelings are illusions. I know I'm basically fine.

Aight y'all. I'm good today and I hope some of y'all are too. I confess I didn't read much of the thread sonce my last post just coz I'm a bit all over the place and just wanted to post somewhere, indulging my inner narcissist, let out by the shitty purity but seemingly genuine racemic amphetamine I've been dosing all day on top of a few benzos. Came clean to my current therapist about my dishonesty regarding my drug use. Hopefully he can tell me something useful that I can actually do something with that isn't just something obvious I already know.

Sertraline - honestly - I know maybe it's partly my fault for not just letting it do it's thing without being my own doctor - but after close to 4 months near total sobriety getting on an SSRI has basically just pushed me back into cyclical polydrug abuse. It's surely not a coincidence. Only reason I'm on these fucking things really is a route to establishing some kind of legitimacy for my consistent failures to manage my life in certain ways. They are an interesting class and one I've always been curious about but - at the moment it feels like an endurance test as to how much additional anxiety I can pump into my brain before i can say OK great, tried that one, maybe we can just accept my mind isn't well suited to certain facets of reality right now and that's OK. Do I have the psychological stamina to try another after this? Fuck, I dunno. Maybe not.

Apologies for just narcissistically jumping in and ignoring everyone else's struggles but I wish you all happiness. May you all be well, and free from suffering. Whatever you're feeling now is OK. You deserve happiness, and whatever you've done to find it - is enough.
I've been on and off Zoloft (sertraline) for over 20 years now. I suffer from depression, sometimes it's debillatating. Zoloft has been the only med that even comes close to helping me and I've tried many. I'm not saying that it's a miracle cure by any means. Many drugs I can't take because of horrible side effects. I too have kinda come to the conclusion that it's ok if I'm not the happiest person. We are all individuals and live our lives to the best of our ability at the time. Hang in there, I understand your struggle. ☮️

Hating the fact that only illegal drugs help me including some with the least side effects, but some also that are disastrous, but the fact that there just is not a medication out there that can relieve my from my suffering and the immediate relief of drugs of abuse is killing me. Sometimes its nice though when I don't go overboard.

the only thing that keeps me alive is LSD thank albert hoffman. My mood changes so much and sometimes i feel so empty and hopeless. Ever tried to reach out for help to your closest friends and be totally shutdown and told to man up and stop acting like a bitch?. Well thats the story of my life. If thats the case did i ever truly have friends or was i just friends with assholes?.

In a society where if you true to your own sexuality suddenly everybody will leave you. How do people live on?.

Im going to go on a lsd binge over the next three weeks to discover the unconditional love and bliss of the transcendental realm to keep myself moving foward.

Ever tried to reach out for help to your closest friends and be totally shutdown and told to man up and stop acting like a bitch?. Well thats the story of my life. If thats the case did i ever truly have friends or was i just friends with assholes?.
Sounds like you just had some asshole friends. I hope your three week trip helps you find some peace.

Sounds like you just had some asshole friends. I hope your three week trip helps you find some peace.
i plan on doing 50 ug on bicycle day then maybe 300 ug later that week but it depends how i feel. Or maybe just mdma later that week and save this LSD for a few more months or just take microdoses on the regular. Idk ill see how everything plays out on bicycle day. Plus if im tripping high doses on weekends that just isolates myself socially and this girl likes to just invite herself over on saturday nights.

Been struggling with my addiction today. Been clean for 5months up until this last weekend. Got the itch, bought a bottle of booze to calm me down. Worked. But it's not the same high. My DOC is crack. I'm everything but functioning on it. So I need to substitute it badly. Tried Molly but I take ssri. *ugh* when I found out about the SSRIs killing the high I stopped taking them. But not until I snorted 1gm of Molly and feeling hot.

I need help trying to find better substances to replace the crack with so I can function. I'm am addict. That's not going to change but I should be able to hold down a job and deal with my family. Any suggestions are appreciated. Also if this isn't in the right thread feel free to move.