• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

There was only one psychiatrist years back who told me to get ECT. Fuck that incompetent piece of shit. He was just frustrated because he wasn't skilled enough to help me so his only solution was to fry my brain. Glad I never did it.
I signed this petition.

Last edited:
Haha No, I'm not manic today. A bunch of Gabapentin prevented that. Mania can be fun though as long as it's the euphoric kind, not the irritable kind.
Taking a rest day? :ROFLMAO: Yeah, Im pretty sure I got my mania from using lyrica for my gad. Propably finally getting a mania meds next month when I see the "drug doctor".
The euphoric/fun-kind is the only one I stand 100% behind. The irritable kind is just a fucking chore.

Bipolar disorder is like a set of kindling in your brain that, after it catches fire (your first episode), it gets worse and worse.

Mania used to be awesome for me in college. But my last episode cost me my job and apartment.

I'd stop while you're ahead and get stable.

Mania, for me, used to feel like the best drug i've ever had. Even beats meth, IMO. I'd sleep zero to 2 hours every night, for a month, and everyday felt like i was on a mix of coke and molly - lazer focus, hyper sexual and extremely self confident, but extremely impulsive.

I would literally dance in my room by myself and sing etc, which for me is wicked rare, but this quickly turned into yelling at random strangers and creeping around my apartment with a gun thinking someone broke in.

Mania, for me, used to feel like the best drug i've ever had. Even beats meth, IMO. I'd sleep zero to 2 hours every night, for a month, and everyday felt like i was on a mix of coke and molly - lazer focus, hyper sexual and extremely self confident, but extremely impulsive.

I would literally dance in my room by myself and sing etc, which for me is wicked rare, but this quickly turned into yelling at random strangers and creeping around my apartment with a gun thinking someone broke in.
Oh yeah. Stimulants just ruin the mania in my opinion. Opiates calm it down and make it better. Weed makes it psychotic.

I been literally dancing singing and laughing most of the time again :ROFLMAO: I had to move out from a apartment complex, cause the fucking noises were constant there. Row houses are unbelievably good in how quiet and cozy they are.

I just started 10mg of Prozac from my pdoc. I don't mind SSRI's at all. In fact I hope he raises it next visit. We're just trying to get me to an equilibrium. I have been very depressed and anxious.

prozac is a good one. been thinking about going back on it myself. hope you find some relief with it.

I'm glad if it works for you guys. I've come to the conclusion they don't work for me. I already knew that anyway, but tried Effexor XR for a year at 150 mg. Quit cold turkey last month and felt NOTHING! So if I didn't even feel withdrawals, it couldn't have been doing anything at all.

I'm sticking to Concerta, Gabapentin, klonopin and kratom. That's what works for me.

Klonopin gets a bad rap. I take it everyday with no problems.

Klonopin gets a bad rap. I take it everyday with no problems.

With klonopin, you definitely cannot go cold turkey if you take it every day. You must taper or risk seizures and/or death. Other than that, it's fine.