• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

He has appolgized profusely but i still haven't seen him, im at the hospital still and im still pretty disgusted how he acted. I will deal with him after but it will be hard because how could I trust him now? I don't think he can fix what he's done. I don't even think of him the same. Withdrawal and being drunk is no excuse and no apology can take away the extra pain he caused

Yeah, I know how it is when you see a person differently. The damage is done unfortunately. Focus on taking care of yourself the best way you can. ?

I like how you reply to every single response. Kind of shows how different and similar we are like if it was me starting the post I would start it respond a couple of times and then not check it for 6 months. Because that's exactly how I run my life I start out strong and then I get lathargic, depressed and then give up

I like how you reply to every single response. Kind of shows how different and similar we are like if it was me starting the post I would start it respond a couple of times and then not check it for 6 months. Because that's exactly how I run my life I start out strong and then I get lathargic, depressed and then give up

Are you talking about me? Haha I do make more of an effort to respond to people on here, but I'm consistently inconsistent in certain areas of my life for sure. I can relate to you.

@madness00 is excellent at giving advice and getting back to people.

took mass appointments but i got a second opinion. says ocd is my problem. which ok. i've been diagnosed with that before. i don't think that's the whole picture, but it means if i wanna take medication that it's reasonable to give ssris another shot. i haven't decided. i don't think i'm going to. i don't think these people know what they're doing. i'm not going to torture myself with the false notion that there's help right around the corner if i'd only accept it. i'm probably done with psychiatry. not gonna tell them that. because the ativan script is nice to have, and you can't get that from a gp.

the psych said cbt where you expose yourself to the source of anxiety in an effort to desensitize is another option. which makes me wonder if i actually have ocd.

Last edited:
took mass appointments but i got a second opinion. says ocd is my problem. which ok. i've been diagnosed with that before. i don't think that's the whole picture, but it means if i wanna take medication that it's reasonable to give ssris another shot. i haven't decided. i don't think i'm going to. i don't think these people know what they're doing. i'm not going to torture myself with the false notion that there's help right around the corner if i'd only accept it. i'm probably done with psychiatry. not gonna tell them that. because the ativan script is nice to have, and you can't get that from a gp.

the psych said cbt where you expose yourself to the source of anxiety in an effort to desensitize is another option. which makes me wonder if i actually have ocd.
Dont give up on healing yourself. Psychiatry aint the answer, but a relief. Look into some kinda therapy maybe? That cbt might truly help

Dont give up on healing yourself. Psychiatry aint the answer, but a relief. Look into some kinda therapy maybe? That cbt might truly help

Couldn't agree more!

@hydroazuanacaine I understand if you don't want to take SSRIs because you don't trust the psych's opinion.
I really think you should give the cbt therapy a shot though. Might as well, right? :)

Interesting on the vulnerability - i never thought about it that way. I guess i feel similarly, now that i think about it.

But for me the bottom line is it's just boring to nod. And with a similar baseline to you, any drug that potentiates my already monotonous state is just overkill. I don't carry a lot of anxiety naturally, so there's nothing to kill. If anything i enjoy "anxiety", because it is exciting and gives me a rush. That's why i used to smoke weed then do goofy things in public, because it made my heart beat faster. Lol.

I do find that a lot of the high string worry warts tend to like downers more. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie myself. I want to get shit done, have fun, think deep thoughts, talk about all sorts of shit, go hiking, go biking. There is a whole world to see out there! Why waste it nodding out? Boring indeed!

How are you treating it currently?

@schizopath - good luck man no shame in taking meds. They can really work wonders. Keep us updated.
I'm doing better since I've started working I have a very hard hot job so when I get off I'm so tired I dont care what others think.Also I've been taking Gabapentin and drink alcohol almost daily.Jagermeister is my DOC.I have a girlfriend now also.So I'm doing better when I wrote that I was going through Gabapentin withdrawal which makes my Social Anxiety alot worse...I wish I could get prescribed I mild benzo I think it would help me stop drinking so much...

Awesome.

Yeah a benzo Rx would probably be better than alcohol. See what your doctor thinks.

Jager is the shit! Shameless fireball drinker here too. What else.. jager, fireball.. oh yeah, and rumplemintz with a chase of water and kahlua with coffee.

My drinking days are over though. The headache and belligerent behavior is enough to make me throw it up.

Keep on killing it at the job!

I had a great session with my therapist. In the middle of crying about how much I'm not interested in life, I said "Did you know Bill Burr has a new special on Netflix?" Hahaha The therapist knew about it. He's a comedy fan too. I read him a site I found of other people who feel lost in life, unmotivated and feel like they don't belong to this world. I wanted him to see how others feel the way I do.

We came up with some goals like make sure I actually go find a church I like to get baptized.
Make sure I keep up with a regular work out routine.

My therapist wants to see me more often so I'll be back on the 30th, the end of the month.

I've read about many hypersensitive/empathic people who feel like they never belonged in this world. I knew I didn't belong here since I was a little girl. I figure it's my spirit wanting to go back home. For now, we're stuck in this shit world in our bodies and dealing with the flesh. It's just I know this world and this reality is bullshit. I'm not going to get married, have kids and live the life society approves of. Fuck it. I have to carve my own niche until I can be done for good.

Billy Burr Burr. What a good pick me up.

It's a weird world because as you get familiar with it you realize the world is largely ran by and creating sociopaths, IMO. We need more empathy and understanding but sadly it mostly happens on relatively small scales, considering the fact that the vast majority of people are empathetic but the amount of wrong doing is so much. I hope your niche is awesome, but just know you're not alone.

Billy Burr Burr. What a good pick me up.

It's a weird world because as you get familiar with it you realize the world is largely ran by and creating sociopaths, IMO. We need more empathy and understanding but sadly it mostly happens on relatively small scales, considering the fact that the vast majority of people are empathetic but the amount of wrong doing is so much. I hope your niche is awesome, but just know you're not alone.

You always know what to say. It's a turn on. lol Yes, the world is run by sociopaths. I could say more about those people, but I'll leave it at that. Thank you. ?