• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc mental health and drugs

pearhead

Greenlighter
Swim suffers with various mental health problems including a personality disorder, psychosis, depression and anxiety.
Swim was curious if lsd would be really dangerous swim has took a lot of acid in the past in very high doses, swim has messed around with DMT, LSD, MDMA in the past but not since the diagnosis though has been doing cocaine regularly.

I just want that one last experience with a few good friends in a safe place but not sure how ile react!?

I would definitely not risk taking psychadelics with all those psych diagnoses, just asking for trouble imo.

Especially with psychotic disorders you have to be really careful with hallucinogens. In your current condition you would most likely have a terrible experience trying any of the listed drugs. I obviously can't tell you for sure that you'll have a bad time but I wouldn't risk it, a bad psychological experience with psychedelics can make mental health conditions much much worse.

OP, I think you'll be fine as long as you take it easy with your usage. Psychedelics can give people bad trips whether they have a psychotic disorder or not. Really the worst drugs for people with psychosis are amphetamines and other stimulants.

This is coming from a bipolar/schizoaffective person who uses psychedelics and is not a "glass of orange juice"

lay off the coke especially a few days before, during, and another day after. Coke honestly will exacerbate your mental health issues possibly even worse than psychs...

Are you prescribed anything for your mental health issues? If any are SSRI or atypical antipsychotics they will interfere grealthy even blocking the effect in some cases even causing serratonin syndrome risking death. Really you need to give more information for anyone to advise, but no one here is qualified to even if they are a highly respected renowned scientist in fields related to the subject of the issues a lot due to not being able to personally physically asses you. Really you should ask your psychiatrist their opinion if hypothetically you decided to try such compounds if they were offered at a time that felt right and prepared even if you plan to buy a dose/take what you have stashed and save it for a day that feels right alone... Although in your case I would highly recommend finding a friend you trust to trip sit you prepared to call emergency support and travel with you to advocate for your fair treatment only after exhausting every effort to deal with whatever situation via benzo or friendly supportive conversation.

+1 for tacodude's post.

I have panic disorder, OCD, and major depressive disorder. Taking MDMA is helpful for me, however taking psychedelics is extremely harmful for me. I tend to have bad trips when I take psychedelics so I would rather just stay away from those.

Drug use can exacerbate your mental health issues...so take tacodude's advice and err on the side of caution.

It depends... Where do you think you are in life right now? Is it a more stable period than usual or less so? How much baggage have you accumulated since your last dose? All of that can come out at once if the trip turns dark. You may be able to get away with taking a moderate dose if you have some benzos on hand with the understanding that you should quickly take them if you need to abort. Also, as tacodude mentioned, whatever medications you are taking are going to strongly affect the nature of the trip, depending on the specific medications. You would ideally need to take a drug holiday, which is something I cannot recommend in good faith. Although it would give you the potential to experience the trip properly, whatever problems they were keeping in check could manifest ten fold or more. As for the cocaine use, I suspect mushrooms would be angry with you and rub it in your face, but LSD may be more forgiving in that regard.

Bottom line: it's a huge risk. Weigh your options carefully.

Lol, yep psilocybin really doesn't like any toxins, drugs & alcohol, too much red meat protein. And those mushies are not afraid to tell you which areas of your life need improving if you are to become a more balanced and content individual.

Psychosis might be worrying.

As far as anxiety/depression goes, could go either way. I've done psychedelic drugs at the lowest rock bottom points in my life, just about one step away from eating a bullet, and have had fantastic healing effects from the experience that lasted for weeks afterward. So I don't buy entirely into this whole mantra of you needing to be in good spirits in order to get a good experience from taking psychedelic drugs.

Lol, yep psilocybin really doesn't like any toxins, drugs & alcohol, too much red meat protein. And those mushies are not afraid to tell you which areas of your life need improving if you are to become a more balanced and content individual.

Hah, those buggers are like a concerned, angry mother chastising your life decisions. When they are in a good mood, though, they have that gentle, caring embrace.