Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Men of Movember, show us your mo!

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
Movember (the month formally known as November) is a moustache growing charity event held during November each year. At the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face.

The Movember participants known as Mo Bros then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache and along the way raise as much money and awareness about male health issues, in particular prostate cancer as possible.

Movember culminates at the end of the month at the gala partés. These glamorous and groomed events will see Tom Selleck and Borat look-a-likes battle it out for their chance to take home the prestigious Man of Movember title.

MOVEMBER!

It's that time of year again where you boys get to grow ridiculous patterns of facial hair, all in the name of a good cause :)

If you don't have your own mo-bro to sponsor, you can click here to donate.

So, have you taken part before? Will you be be in it this year? And more importantly, please share with us your mo-growing efforts!
Perhaps we can have our own Bluelight Man of Movember.

I drew a mustache and sonny patch on my face today and said I was my evil twin.

^ pics or it didnt happen. ;)

i'd LOVE to see one of our aus.soc BL men take the crown as mr mo <3

...kytnism...:|

I think it made my boyfriend feel less masculine, so he made me rub it off. =D

I like mustaches, they are cool!

kytnism said:
i'd LOVE to see one of our aus.soc BL men take the crown as mr mo <3

Well i will give it a try...:) Im just not sure i want to see my grey hairs get that long ;)

Klue could be a shoe in... but he does have a head start =D

Yay. A month in which normally attractive men become uglier by the day. I hate Movember (but it's a good cause so I'm a Mo-sister.)

Still.

I'm getting into this year. I'm hoping to be sporting an 80's PE teacheresque mo by the end of the month. Not travelling too bad so far, have already raised $70. Its all good for a laugh. A few other teachers at work (i'm a school teacher) are getting into it too so no doubt we'll cop a lot of shit from the kids.

The only facial hair I can grow is a moustache and it makes me look like a seedy Mexican so screw that.

haha yeah i'm not greatly endowed with facial hair but will give it a shot. Half the fun of it all is looking dodgey!

Is there a point to it???

I used to have one and looked like a goose............I will need a massive ammount of motivation.

So start motivating

the point is to raise money for men's health.

you grow a mo and get people to sponsor you. money raised goes towards men's health issues and organisations like Beyond Blue. Pretty good cause in my opinion.

Check out the website, its all outlined there - www.movember.com.au Its a pretty good setup with lots of little competitions for participants and rewards cards ands stuff.

Mr Samadhi said:
Klue could be a shoe in... but he does have a head start =D

Hey thanks for noticing Mr S! :)
I actually have a pretty thin mo if you look closely. Not as thick as elsewhere.
I will post a pic so you can see. :)

picture063rr8.jpg

=D =D =D
Fingerstache for the win!!!

:D

MazDan said:
Is there a point to it???

I used to have one and looked like a goose............I will need a massive ammount of motivation.

So start motivating

the funds go toward awareness and prevention of prostate cancer and depression in men. beyond blue is an awesome organization that is well worth supporting <3

plus id like to see you with a mo ;)

I am quite dimayed about the lack of response to my Fingerstache. :X
It took a bloody lot of effort to draw that on, capture the right photo, upload and post. :X
Hehe Just kidding, but the Fingerstache is a phenomenom people may not be aware of.
Fingerstache Wiki entry

But to stay on topic. I have been aware of Movember for a few years now. Sounds like a great cause. My cousin sailed, walked and rode around huge amounts of Australia for a mental health cause. Good to see.

I already have a mo though! :!
Maybe people could sponsor me to dye it green. (Err maybe green would look too much like boogers- Maybe blue! Hehe :) )

:D

I'm just going to stop waxing my top lip for a month, and i'll be fine fine, just fine.

;)

I have actually been motivating my workplace about this for ages - having claimed that at 21 I could pwn them all.

THe downside is my mate is getting married in late November and I have to shave for the wedding :( So the dream is over for this year.