• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Men In White Coats

Well, there goes my last dram of Intent To Return. Jesus H Fucking Christ* on a scooter

---
* Yes he did -- he married Mary Magdalene, had kids, and moved to France

Do you think their depiction of the effectiveness of opioids for chronic pain is bad research analysis or that it's fashionable to push this anti opioid agenda? Or do you think the research is right but small benefits are still better than no benefits and can still make a huge difference in the life of chronic pain patients? Or I guess it could be that certain patient sub-populations get a much larger benefit than others.

As I don't suffer from any severe chronic physical pain I can't speak to how effective they are, my father has severe and chronic arthritis and certainly seems to like them and wishes his drs would prescribe him enough to take them all the time but that's how it is these days...

And this whole thing in America where they give people methadone and buprenorphine for pain rather than morphine because of a perceived lower risk of addiction as though that makes them safer, methadone certainly isn't safer than morphine on any level for Christ's sake.

Regardless of how effective they are, cutting down prescription numbers only means people have to get relief somewhere else... and that obviously is much more unsafe.

It is definitely the government being paid off or threatened by the Rehab Mafia . . . plus maybe some religious extremists too.

Chronic pain-related suicides in the US have gone asymptotic since the beginning of this year and the exodus from the country of doctors, patients, pharmacists and so forth certainly appears to accelerating. I know I am probably never going back there . . .

Methadone, invented in 1939 by Eisleb at IG Farben is so toxic that the III. Reich did not approve it for battlefield use at a time when the Wehrmacht was using Scophedal for injuries, methamphetamine to keep them going, testing C-Jam chewing gum and pills made of meth, Nose Candy, and Oxy and/or hydrocodone on parts of the Kriegsmarine and so on. To this day, the German-speaking countries and some of those in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire strongly prefer levomethadone to methadone because racaemic methadone is in fact a drug that increases several potential cardiological troubles. Austria in 1998 went further and started moving especially racaemic methadone patients to 120 and 200 mg extended-release morphine and extended-release dihydrocodeine . . .

Last edited:
Yeah my ass opioids don't help chronic pain. If I'm an old man in a future devoid of opioids, I'll be biting nurses arms off when they tell me "no morphine", like imagine Rygel from Farscape. That'll be me, I'll bite them. I'll bite their fuckin' legs off!

Yeah my ass opioids don't help chronic pain. If I'm an old man in a future devoid of opioids, I'll be biting nurses arms off when they tell me "no morphine", like imagine Rygel from Farscape. That'll be me, I'll bite them. I'll bite their fuckin' legs off!

Well, Papaver somniferum Linnaeus 1762 grows literally like a weed -- all 50 US states and most provinces of Canada . . . a raccoon in the neighbourhood showed me all about processing opium, poppy straw &c and extracting morphine from it and it was rather easy.

Last edited:
Hahaha gotta rewatch that show

Well, Papaver somniferum Linnaeus 1762 grows literally like a weed -- all 50 US states and most provinces of Canada . . . a raccoon in the neighbourhood showed me all about processing opium, poppy straw &c and extracting morphine from it and it was rather easy.

I spot a nice patch of red and white poppies pretty much everywhere in Spring. I even saw a nice patch right out front a police station. I think when the regular public thinks of poppies they do not realize the pretty red poppy in their yard is papaver somniferum. They think of the opium poppy "over there" in Afghanistan or somewhere. But I have to say I see them grow throughout the wild side as well as in the middle of the towns and cities.

But I would guess the moral of the story is be self supportive. :)