• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Memory and Learning Effected?

Idid a degree in neuropsyhcology and there are well documented effects of problems associated with learning and memory and drugs, particularly with cannibas. That said, most of the literature has chosen to concentrate on how well youcan learn whilst under the influence or in the coming days after use.

Iam unsure if there would be too many problems inthe long run if you stopped or greatlyreduced your drug use. Whilst at university Ifound that Icouldn't study or remember stuff well for a cvouple of days after taking pills or LSD, but everything was fine after that. I think youshould be fine, and remember problems with remembering things and learning new info in terms of your job are a normal part of learning the ropes in a new work area. everyone has these problems and after staying in the field for a while and forcing yourself to think problems through you should find youcan learn new info with no problem.

Hahahaha this is funny I started this with my old account but forgot it and everything I posted this so long ago and it has come back up that is mad... Thanks everyone for your point of views, my memory is alright now but I have slowed down my use drastically.... I am now still working at the same place and doing a lot better but I am also studying 4 nights a week as well which I am having trouble remember shit.... I think once I get use to it and cut out the psychedelics more and stop smoking weed I should be alright, I hope anyways. I guess I'll just work at it...

Now I am on heaps of different medications all the time because I have trouble sleeping and get anxiety and really depressed but nothing is seeming to work very well. I guess that will just be trial and error until they find something that works and keep on going to therapy each week.

Memory/intelligence should improve or even be completely restored after about a yr of no drugs (detox), or jsut doing them very occasionaly. I went through the same thing - went from being completely brain dead (i was very smart before that), to again bein smart, if not just a bit more lazy as i know there is more to life than $ and work (i.e. gettin high). Balance is the key. And articifical stims r the worst for ur head, as is overdoing any drug in the one session. make sure u let your brain regenerate/recover after each session.

x

methbaby said:
Memory/intelligence should improve or even be completely restored after about a yr of no drugs (detox), or jsut doing them very occasionaly. I went through the same thing - went from being completely brain dead (i was very smart before that), to again bein smart, if not just a bit more lazy as i know there is more to life than $ and work (i.e. gettin high). Balance is the key. And articifical stims r the worst for ur head, as is overdoing any drug in the one session. make sure u let your brain regenerate/recover after each session.

There is only problem in saying that. That problem is it is a well known and well documented fact that the brain is nonregenative... Thus what is lost, is gone.... It's not like you got a bump on the head and now it's all better. They have proven new cell grow, but this has little to do with parts that have been damaged.

i went thru a heavy period of rec drug usage - mdma combined with alcohol, weekly, for about 18 months between 2003-2005
My short term memory is horrific now, definately because of that. If i could go back in time i would have cut right down. oh well, you live and you learn

I'd totally concur with that statement.... And i reackon i did the same thing but probably not as hard or often as you did.
My friends tell me everyday now, that i have already told them something or they have to tell me 3 times before i rememebr something..... it's shocking. To the point it actually costs me money.