• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Memantine inquiries

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
so I understand there is little information on this analogue of ketamine or PCP and the recreational use of it

I read in a trip report on here from '07 that IM'ing it isnt a great idea and i'm not really considering that anyway but that 50-100 mg is a decent oral dose

I'm just unsure what happens after 100 mg its not like i'm going to k-hole or anything would I?

I havent really had a real 'dissociative' experiance at 80mg and it was just kind of just a clean medium dxm dose [300-400mg]

not sure if this counts as dosage advice but any experiances that someone has had with this chemical and if there is a potential to unlock would be appreciated

yeh your right and its a NMDA antagonist

there are a couple other threads on the compound e.g. here

was just wondering if anyone had any practical experiances so i had a better idea of what exactly the deal is with it.

i know it lowers tolerance to amps and other disassociatives and possibly other entheogens

I remember I got nice mild effects from 40-60mg oral. I wouldn't go too far up with the dosage as the half-life of this drug is very long. If you were to get into a memantine hole (if that's even possible), you'd probably still be high for like a week afterwards. A hundred milligrams wouldn't be enough for that, btw, it would be more like the dxm dose you mentioned.
The effects I had from memantine while awake weren't very memorable and it's been over 2 years, so I can't go into detail. But when I fell asleep I had the most amazing dreams ever. Long, vivid and very surreal. I spent the night traveling through different times and dimensions.

I don't think that memantine has any recreational value other than the fact that it reduces tolerance to other substances.

Also it should be noted that it does NOT reduce tolerance to other NMDA antagonists such as K, PCP, DXM, and especially ketamine.

DXM and memantine are interchangeable as far as NMDA antagonism but memantine is a much weaker antagonist than DXM is.

I've got 240 10mg memantine pills coming here shortly but I've just started a Delsym regimen 60mg twice a day and its not even been 24 hours and I'm already noticing that I don't need as much valium. In fact I got so tired I fell asleep without taking my nightly valium dose and I awoke about two hours ago and didn't take any valium until about 10 minutes ago, which I only took half my normal dose and I'm going to see how that works out today. So its 6 1/2 hours past my normal valium dose and usually I can't go more than a 2 or 3 hours before I'm fiending for it. There is definitely something to NMDA antagonism but I doubt that any dose of memantine will produce psychoactive effects like the manic ones (MK-801, DXM, Ketamine, Tiletamine, Methoxetamine, PCP, 3-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCE, 4-MeO-PCP, etc) because negative side effects from its effect on dopamine will manifest long before recreational potential could be reached - not only that but its a rather expensive drug and the doses required you would be better off with one of the confirmed psychoactive NMDA antagonists.

Keep in mind that lithium is an NMDA antagonist as well - that doesn't mean it has any recreational value because of its toxicity at the levels required to induce NMDA antagonism.

Magnesium is another NMDA antagonist and there have never been any recreational effects from magnesium as far as I'm aware.

I remember I got nice mild effects from 40-60mg oral. I wouldn't go too far up with the dosage as the half-life of this drug is very long. If you were to get into a memantine hole (if that's even possible), you'd probably still be high for like a week afterwards. A hundred milligrams wouldn't be enough for that, btw, it would be more like the dxm dose you mentioned.
The effects I had from memantine while awake weren't very memorable and it's been over 2 years, so I can't go into detail. But when I fell asleep I had the most amazing dreams ever. Long, vivid and very surreal. I spent the night traveling through different times and dimensions.

Same here. I can't remember it very well, but it was like my body was physically sleep (REM state maybe?) but my brain was "into another realm", still conscious about my body sleeping but I was awake. Yes, it is that complex; Memantine is a relatively new drug which comes from Ketamine. We still don't know the true therapeutic/recreational potential.
Also, read this if you're more interested about Memantine.