• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Memantine during possible Phenibut withdrawal?

Mch1

Bluelighter
Posted in Gabapentinoids, but I'm not sure if that's the right place. Mods, feel free to move it you think it would be better suited elsewhere.

So this past week I've been getting a lot of shaking, racing heart, anxiety, and insomnia, along with very uncomfortable rushing feelings every few minutes . The only time it ever really went away was if I took phenibut or alcohol. I use alcohol infrequently so I pretty sure it's not that. Phenibut on the other hand I use every third day, usually at dosages around 700mg. I've been taking phenibut for a few months. So I think it might phenibut withdrawal, or at least rebound anxiety.

Before all this started, I bought some memantine that I was planning on using at recreational dosages. I have read some anecdotes that memantine at theraputic dosages can help with phenibut withdrawal, but what about at recreational dosages? I was thinking of taking 50mg for my first time. I just don't want to make it worse, especially given memantine's long duration.

Also, everything I've read says to taper phenibut, with instructions for how much to cut off every day. I only take it every third day. Should I taper down on the days I do take it? It seems counterintuitive considering I've been feeling shitty for ~60 hours at that point.

Thanks for any help. I feeling pretty lost about all this right now.

I think at this point replacing one gabapentinoid with another will just ultimately prolong whatever is going on. The withdrawal seems kind of bad especially for gabapentinoids but not something unusual. It might be better to just gauge how you feel and get relief than planning out a super meticulous withdrawal spreadsheet taper chart. A lot of people use cleanly calculated logic to taper off substances or quit. It works to a degree--definitely.

Either way it comes out to different pros and cons. If you face some serious withdrawal time the withdrawal will pass sooner and be less severe sooner than later. Tapering for a longer time can back-fire for many folks. At some point the least pain possible method is just too painful, lol. Personally I've never been able to taper down. Literally ever. One final run into cold-turkey method for the win I guess.

My withdrawal from pregabalin was probably one of the worst I’ve ever experienced and I’ve come off fentanyl. I know phenibut has been hyped as stronger than pregabalin although I’ve not had experience with it.

I would advise you though to taper your dose down every third day of phenibut. I think it’ll make it much easier to deal with. If you have the ability to taper then take it rather than suffer and relapse back onto bigger doses.

Forget the memantine for now.

My withdrawal from pregabalin was probably one of the worst I’ve ever experienced and I’ve come off fentanyl. I know phenibut has been hyped as stronger than pregabalin although I’ve not had experience with it.

I would advise you though to taper your dose down every third day of phenibut. I think it’ll make it much easier to deal with. If you have the ability to taper then take it rather than suffer and relapse back onto bigger doses.

Forget the memantine for now.

I'm sorry to hear that :( so many stated the gabapentinoids had no withdrawal when trying to push dotors and etc to prescribe it after it got its grant (iirc).

out of curiosity... can gabapentinoids cause seizures when the user is cold turkeying and cut off deliberately or not? Scary to think about how many were not properly informed of gabapentinoids negative withdrawal aspects being so... crippling my god.

I was just about to start taking phenibut. So 3 days is not long enough in between. Good to know as that was my plan.

phenibut is hard to taper with its the constantly changing tolerance. I think you should just bite the bullet OP if you've honestly only been using once every third I really don't think it will be that bad. Do you think you might be psyching yourself out? I remember I took xanax every other night for like 4 months and like 3 days after I stopped I got a rush of anxiety, paranoia, you name it I thought I was in for hell. It literally only took 24 hours to pass. Maybe get some kava.