Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

melbourne vs sydney

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
Sydney > Melbourne

When it comes to Beer Prices

Melb - $3.50 for Middy (pot for you mob down there), close to $14 a jug

Syd - $3.20 for Schooner (and im pushing limits here), about $7-$9 for a jug

Confusing, you brew the shit down there, but you pay more for less...

OK OK, I'm not too sure that we pay $3.50 for a 'middy' (deary me I can't believe people actually call them that), at least I generally don't.

Anyway, the main point to consider is, what kind of beer are we talking about here? You all drink filthy Tooheys New up there don't you?

PLUS don't even get me started on drinking in NSW vs. drinking in Victoria. In Victoria we the awesomest liquor licensing laws, our government is so addicted to the tax revenue that you can get alcohol ANYWHERE. At cafe's, at the supermarket, at church, at the hospital. OK maybe not the last two, but it sure seems like it sometimes. In NSW I think the sale of alcohol is much more restricted :( .

So yay Victoria.

Perth shits all over both.
So ner. :p

Clean, stylish, no god damn pokies, beautiful weather, beautiful people.

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
Sydney > Melbourne

When it comes to Beer Prices

Melb - $3.50 for Middy (pot for you mob down there), close to $14 a jug

Syd - $3.20 for Schooner (and im pushing limits here), about $7-$9 for a jug

Confusing, you brew the shit down there, but you pay more for less...

Where the fuck have you been drinking?
You have to be fucking stupid to pay $3.50 for a pot, or have no idea where to go.
Now on the other hand, in Sydney I paid exorbitant amounts of money, probably because I had no idea of where to buy beer. You on the other hand have a decent idea of where to go? as in, you go to the cheap places? as in, there are places in Sydney which charge large amounts for beer also?

see what I'm getting at?

last I was in Sydney scooners of Stella or Becks were $4.50 or so, still $1-2 less than in Perth. Perth is cleaner, but it's also boring and the pub scene doesn't come close to that in Sydney.

MoeBro said:
Where the fuck have you been drinking?
You have to be fucking stupid to pay $3.50 for a pot, or have no idea where to go.
Now on the other hand, in Sydney I paid exorbitant amounts of money, probably because I had no idea of where to buy beer. You on the other hand have a decent idea of where to go? as in, you go to the cheap places? as in, there are places in Sydney which charge large amounts for beer also?

see what I'm getting at?

Next time your in Sydney I'll happily point you in the direction of the cheapest possible places to get hammered at.

As long as next time I'm in town you'll do the same for me :)

a english mans vote

i lived in melbourne( west preston ) for about 9 months and then in sydney ( lewisham) for six months. there both great places but melbourne gets my vote for lots of reasons, especialy the trams as they are so easy to sneak on.

being a Melbournite.. im going to hav to say that melb tops it over Syd anyday in all aspects. and i must add..that ppl here in Melb also know how to drive. I've never seen such BAD drivers till i went to syd!

I live in Canberra (yes yes, laugh it up).

I was in Sydney a few weeks ago for Infected Mushroom, I stayed on Pitt St.
Darling harbour is nice... get outside the CBD though and shit flies... i saw the best family street fights ever...
Also, Who the fuck needs a 3 story woolies? wtf is with that?! confusing as hell.

I have also been to melb, and staying in St Kilda (bleh).. Saw a lovely corner street fight with hookers "YO bitch, this is my corner whore!"

All in all, i like Sydney, but i havent really been to melb that often either, never stayed in town... when i do, i shall update this entry.

shorza said:
Yay RAZ!!!

:D

If I was to fuck anyone without the whole "social interaction before sexual intercourse" it would be you Raz!
I'm back, let's go. :p

Ah seriously, I LOVE MELBOURNE A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D =D =D

i forgot to mention....sydney smells funny! wen i was there, couldnt quite put my finger on what the smell was, think it was a combination of many things..definately smells funny though!

Ahhh... good to see usernames are getting more and more creative these days... :)

oh. melbourne>sydney.
just because.

xcidium said:

yes, but (and i say this as a Perthian of olde, and i still love the place) what to do on a monday/tuesday night when everything is shut??
what if you want dinner at 10pm?
or if you work until very late and need to go shopping?
or you want to swim in stinky water and get dirty needles in your feet?....

pokies, while the sourge of the earth, can be deftly avoided if you wish.

After my weekend trip to the ACT, I say Melbourne, Sydney, who cares, as long as it's not Canberra =D

xcidium said:

you're right "clean" and "god damn pokies".

Duckboy said:
yes, but (and i say this as a Perthian of olde, and i still love the place) what to do on a monday/tuesday night when everything is shut??
what if you want dinner at 10pm?
or if you work until very late and need to go shopping?
or you want to swim in stinky water and get dirty needles in your feet?....

pokies, while the sourge of the earth, can be deftly avoided if you wish.
I have no life between Monday and Friday so I wouldn't know. ;) I see your point though.

While i only have a love/hate relationship with Sydney, Melbourne shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread. In fact, I propose we somehow detach Melbourne from mainland Australia and let it drift away to join up with Antartica.

Sydney is a respected international destination. Melbourne is like a deformed beast that you lock in the basement and pretend it doesn't exist, hoping nobody will ever find out your deep dark secret. Unfortunately it manages to escape periodically to host major sporting events.

Melbourne pretends to have beaches, but any self-respecting ocean lover would not be fooled by such propaganda.

The federal government uses GST revenue collected in the already excellent Sydney to subsidise Melbourne's crappiness.

Chicks in Sydney have realer tans and are overall more attractive.

The emo/hardcore/'punk' scene in Sydney isn't as popular as in Melbourne.

'Turning Right' in the CBD holds up traffic. Only a Melbournite would wish to commit such a heinous crime.

Point Of Interest - the 'Melbourne form' rarely holds up in the Golden Slipper (Race 7 at Rosehill today).

people fucking suck in both
sydney people are way too optimistic though
melbourne has that nice mix of jadedness and a working public transport system