• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

melbourne shuffle

Zero the hero said:
Why would anyone want to learn one of the (if not thee) most unoriginal, uninspired and just plain bad "dances" ever invented anyway? Seeing someone doing “the shuffle” makes me feel physically ill…

This kind of feels like the situation in which a full fedge adult is reviewing a movie that was made for kids... when people overthink on something which is almost a throwaway issue... why do people shuffle? because it's kind of fun! it suits the enviroment (TwoTribes, Gods... when you're not totally crushed by the crowds like at SummaDayze).

If you don't like it? then, probably wasn't meant for you...

The thing about the melbourne shuffle is if you go to raves, it's just the way people dance... i think a lot of people just end up doing it by default... plus, each state dances a particular way without really noticing it (Perth kids think it's all 'crazy legs' here and melbournians are wondering why they're boxing, etc.)

AlexMacktheKnife said:
This kind of feels like the situation in which a full fedge adult is reviewing a movie that was made for kids... when people overthink on something which is almost a throwaway issue... why do people shuffle? because it's kind of fun! it suits the enviroment (TwoTribes, Gods... when you're not totally crushed by the crowds like at SummaDayze).

The thing about the melbourne shuffle is if you go to raves, it's just the way people dance... i think a lot of people just end up doing it by default... plus, each state dances a particular way without really noticing it (Perth kids think it's all 'crazy legs' here and melbournians are wondering why they're boxing, etc.)

No need to feed the trolls :)

i like the shuffle it's cute .... and its the only way ive come across to dance quick enough to keep up with the music

Not a big fan of the hat dance though ..... i tend to steal the dancers hat hahah

AlexMacktheKnife said:

My point is that 99.9% of the time this dance completely lacks any originality on the participants side, most people doing "the shuffle" look like a buncha fuckin' clones shuffling about, you might as well be line dancing for fucks sake...

princess_kitti said:
Not a big fan of the hat dance though ..... i tend to steal the dancers hat hahah

I love the hat dance!! I can be amused for ages watching it!!

Zero the hero said:
My point is that 99.9% of the time this dance completely lacks any originality on the participants side, most people doing "the shuffle" look like a buncha fuckin' clones shuffling about, you might as well be line dancing for fucks sake...

Maybe it's cause I shuffle myself, I totally notice how differently people shuffle; some do tighter spins, faster turns, some people are really slow, some people hop, hand movements and gestures... some even make it look oddly graceful...

theres a basic side to side movement, heel-toe heel toe... but doesn't all dancing have similar 'basic' movements? it's up to the person to expand on it... I'm know I'm fighting a losing battle trying to justifye... both camps have there reason and there plenty valid depending on who you ask... at the end of the day, if you can put personalized spin or dance like a clone... it's better than being off to the sides, clutching a beer bottle and just watching...

It's also better than the "I don't dance" at all thing.I had an ex who refused to move to music at all. It was so frustrating cos I love to dance and he'd just sit at the edge and get wasted.

It's better having non dancers sitting off to the side rather than those who stand on the dance floor completely inert playing staues and destroying the vibe for those trying to dance around them.

^^sit and rotate, foo :p
I pay the same as any shuffler, and if I want to stand front and centre to see an act I've been looking forward to, I shall do so, with as little or as much movement as I want.

You wanna start somethin' punk?

I know kung fu you know. and i'm like totally good at it.

Handy hint #3852: Maybe you'd dance if you accepted that you need to listen to better music??

Yeah I'm with Moe. Have you ever thought about how annoying it would be for someone who is just standing there, minding their own business and then get accosted by sweaty people who bump into you all the time and block your view. ;)

Now that you both put it that way, i agree that it is unfair for the dance music enthusiast to have to put up with that sort of behaviour around them.

Sorry, I would have bitten earlier, if it wasn't for the fact I'm trying to write a speech.

Better music? What better music is there than doom metal?
and who dances to doom metal, is it possible? can it be done?

Pfft.. ever heard of a little thing called air guitar?

(i tried to find a photo of a guy who was doing air guitar front row-center at a doof I was at once for several hours once but the site is down. There's always room far air guitar. anywhere. anytime.)

edit: in reference to napoleon dynamite:
i will never stoop to that level

in reference to air guitar: I am an airguitar machine, however it does not suit. a bit of thrashing, of roaring and of horns in the air seem to suit much more \m/

I think you'll find that people that don't like the shuffle are the unco smack heads that cannot dance at all. They are those people you see sitting down in a corner all night, sweating like a whore in church, totally off their guts. But hey... whatever tickles your pickle.

I love shuffling... not really any good but I've only just really got the whole thing.
Anyway this goes out to the more hard core shufflers... where's the best spots in melb to go to see some good shuffling and pick up new moves???