• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne - *REVIEW THREAD* Two Tribes 2004 - Mar 7 - Melb Park

if only i can remember most the night..

all i know is that i hd a blast.. good catching up with old friends, not so good was the state of mind i was in...

Two Tribes 2004

13544BlueLightersTwoTribes-med.JPG

^^ Nice pic......i think that may have been @ 11 on the dot? I unfortunately go there at around 11:15, but still got to meet a heap of ya's...was great (excuse my scattered/speedy state of mind @ the time!)

MY NIGHT: Got there round 7.30pm....warmed up with some 1200 techniques (which was a great start to the night) then went and checked out the market stalls round 8.15....caught most of Sean Quinn (fantastic prog house set) and then the unfortunatley-20min-late Kasey Taylor, who wasn't as great as I expected...still good, but Quinn did better on the night i think.....Then we ventured over to catch 20min or so of Midro (ugh!) V KAOS (yeah!), but couldn't get on the floor as it was full.....i started stressing that it would be like that all night.....we went back over to check out NuBreed....walked in and caught "To Know" from the OPD soundtrack......highlight of their set tho was when they dropped the breaks mix of "Hyperballad" by Bjork.....was fucking sensational.....so sorry you missed it 1234 :( From there I met up with one LahLahGatecrasher and proceeded to the meetup.....my mates + i had many a laugh the next day about one comment:

Me (laying on grass in pazed out state): Oi! 1234! Come sit down and we'll talk music...

1234: Umm....sure!

Hehe...i think it may be a location thing.....then we vetured to Klassic + Sanders (ouch! Fuckin massive), Kelsta (brilliant as usual.....sore neck from headbanging) and then a bit of Tomcraft from the top of the stairs.....according to a mate who was there for TC for an hour in the middle, he was quote "the fucking shit".....we then saw Hellraiser a bit more (who is leaning now towards a more techy acid style?) when we realised we were missing Green Velvet.....got to Hardware and wasn't too impressed @ first....went up front and got into it a bit more for his last 10min.....then came the best set of the night...VITALIC! :D It was hard + groovey + smooth + dancey + seamless.....very very impressed, as was everyone i talked to....shame about 45min only....was great being up the front tho and running into so many BLers tho!! We checked out Koma+Bones for about 15min and was very impressed.....awesome when they played "Phat Planet" by Leftfield....From there we vetured to GK for Picotto.....loved it when he dropped the classic "Dooms Night".....he changed up his set a lot, which worked for the timeslot i think, but perhaps changed it around a little too much? Not sure.....did enjoy it tho....So yeah top night, had lots of fun.....

INJURIES: Badly bitten toungue (which i was told at the time was not bleeding, but found out later it was indeed gushing), aching neck (headbanging in Kelsta, K+S and Hellraiser), shocking jaw and teeth (worst gurning ever).....also did a hamstring (a bit) b4 GV....

PEOPLE: K, very happy to have met u all.....this is a hello to you all, and a test for my memory mostly! Sorry if I forget anyone!

1234 - Mad to see you again bro....excuse my shit talking!
MoeBro - Will catch up next time i'm down.....sweet as bein there front + centre @ Vitalic with ya...
Smokin' Joe - Funky dancin @ top of stairs in NuBreed bro ;)
Mr_AUDIO - random meeting with you bro! How exactly did that happen...? You were behind us in Vitalic i know, but how did we get around to saying "i'm a BLer"? haha...
Muzby - Don't remember too much bro except Vitalic + meetup + cool Mooks shirt :)
KryalKastleE - Cool seeing you again.....haha just remembered the misunderstanding (ie: "She's a chick", and me hearing "She's in shit" and freeking out!!)
[electrobot] - Cool seeing you...was pretty easy to recognise you with the Tee on....will have to get that pic off you!
RustyBikkie - Great catchin up again of course....how was the sleep in the car you nutcase! HAHA! :D
Dandy - I remember saying g'day to you, but I have no idea who you are still! haha
LahLahGatecrasher - It's always the best times in the world seeing you ;)
Hardicus - Another random meeting.....was good to meet you, and agree to disagree re: GK + Master Kaos ;)
ToM-oOo - Happy B'day bud!! Hope you had a mad one.....last time i saw you that night was @ the meetup when you were about to spew haha...
Bouncing_B - brief meeting on stairs up to GK.....hi! haha...
Hoptis - Good to get a face to a name bud.....!
Joellercoaster - Good to finally meet u buddy....after my last piss poor effort @ organising to meet up with you, was cool to say g'day!
Butros Butros Grantos - Good to meet you too bro....after all the coulourful posts, was nice to meet ya...
Funluvinggirl - I think I only shock your hand/hugged you and said hi....but thats cool! We'll meet again soon i'm sure...

I think that's about it? Sorry if forgot anyone!

So yeah that's it...top night....will prolly be there next year if Future gets their shit together.....and for all you people who put in orders on tshirt designs, send us a PM ;) And no MoeBro, you cannot have my tshirt.... =D

CYA!

Last edited:
And this re: overdoses @ TT....

"Future Entertainment, the company that promotes Two Tribes, did not return calls from The Age yesterday."

Pussy ass mother fuckers....

Future 2004

Well after 5 and half years of raving, you know what you like, so I went straight to the Future 2004 and stayed there all night, so I cannot comment on the other rooms, or the general vibe.

The vibe in Future 2004 was great all night. No pushing, lots of smiles, hands in the air for buildups, people dancing freely (did not see the ego tripping, sheep-like 'melbourne shuffle' thank God), and brilliant music all night.

I love the first hour or two of any night to be deep and slow to get me in the mood and then build up over the night, which is exactly what happened. NuBreed was a nice was to start the night, slow and deep, then Hybrid came on and they were great over all, but by the second hour, I was getting a bit bored of the techy breaks - I love their old prog house trancy breaks better. Then BT came on and he was brilliant. Every person I spoke to (more than 100) loved BT. Not one bad comment. Then my favourite DJ Christopher Lawrence who played his USA West Coast techy Progressive Trance which I love. Great change to hear 4/4 for 2 hours. He amazes me everytime. I wish I could hear that music more often. Even though most of the crowd was not 'rushing' anymore, they were all grooving and dancing to lawrence. Hands in the air for the occasional build up. Brilliant. Then Lucien Fort, who was great. Really FUNKY prog house breaks tech which made everyone GROOVE and smile from 5-7. Brilliant morning music when people are tired but still want to party.

The room was never more than 3/4 full, and people kept telling me how packed GodsKitchen was and I kept thinking I am not leaving here at all!

The crowd was very friendly, a mixed age group, but over all a bit older than the rave clubs thank god, very few tops off, and people over all were very repectful of other peoples space, and most people who knocked me said sorry which always makes me happy. (I always say sorry when I knock people). I felt alot of P.L.U.R. in the room. Peace Love Unity and Respect which is the highest Ideal at raves in my opinion.

What was the song Hybrid played first ? It blew my mind. It had the lyrics about 'four on the floor'. Lucin Fort also played it, but a breaks version I think. I would sell my right kidney just for that song!

tnargus: Well you looked at my top which had 'DOPE BEATZ' written on it then you showed me your top which was along the lines of 'FUCK FUTURE SUCK COCK' or something like that; then one of my best mates and fellow bluelighter deCipal noticed your top and said you're tnargus from bluelight and so ye thats how it happened champ hehe and then you pointed out electrobot to me who was gorgeously enjoying herself to vitalic - i think she was too into vitalic's set to even know i introduced myself to her but hey thats a good thing coz vitalic did have a very nice set indeed, so ye, good stuff!

Originally posted by Sleaze
My first rave, what can I say?

Fuck!

The atmosphere, the people and the music - it was the closest thing to a perfect society.

I loved the way where you could talk to anyone, and everyone, almost as if you've known them all your life. Not to mention the music, and atmosphere, wow!

I'd love to add more, but I'm just so sad it's over :(

:( :( :( :( :(

EDIT: Somone also gave me a shot of their vicks inhaler. It was my first time trying it, and fuck, I loved it!

bahaha. =D I hate to be the one to say it, but thats the MDMA, not the party that made you feel it was perfect. It's amazing what a flood of serotonin can make you think =D

OK most of what I wanted to say has been said. But to be perfectly honest, I reckon that was the best Two Tribes i've been to (having attended 2001, 2002 and 2003). It really did seem like all the negative aspects of last year's party were concentrated entirely in Vodaphone Arena...and LMFAO all the acts I wanted to see were in Rod Laver and Hardware. Rod Laver was rockin all night, and the vibe was the best i've seen at a future party.

Walked in for the first dance of the night to here the telltale beginning of Nubreed's 'One Day'. Great wasy to start the night. Rocked to Nubreed front row the whole time...loved them as much as always.

Hybrid were good...but nothing near what my stupidly high expectations had built them up as over the last 3 years :(

BT - highlight of the night...don't need to say anything more, he was fabulous.

Vitalic - OMFG! I....words cannot.....VITALIC!!!!!!

Sucked that Steve Strangis's set got axed just as I was DYING for some trance :(

Spent the last 30 mins of the party in Picotto.....sitting in the seats right up the very back. What a shit arena and crowd. Picotto was very average. Had a few good tracks in between a lot of shit...and it was just not really entertaining. Shari Vari was good though :p

All in all a great night...but here's hoping I don't have to do it again.

yer it fucking rocked! only dissapointments like every1 else said GK arena, it started off so good - i thought the kandy & bass dj's played excellent opening sets. when pee wee come on i thought id wonder around, then come back to GK for the rest of the night. no fucking way! to my great disgust in 1hr the crowd had doubled & the vibe had changed from extreme P.L.U.R to that of a fucking gym!, pissed me off no end was really interested in hearing fergie & tomcraft.

enough whinging tho, awesome night. BT fucking briallant - most of the time i spent on my arse in the stands tho (bloody A's!) but he was nuts.

i think i saw Ben Cromack in hardware can't rmbr what time it was but it was b4 i went across 4 BT so think it was him, he rocked!

the riot room was fantastic, always room to dance and always good music.

caught some of lucien foort wish i had stayed there, thought id try GK for picotto stayed in the stands for 10 minutes b4 feeling like i was gonna fall asleep - really boring music imo.

tried to go back to foort but like most of the night, got into conversation walking between rooms and forgot what i was doing! was my 1st two tribes, but i'll definetly b back 4 more!

P.S. - to the guy who used the vicks, dont let any1 eva convince u into letting them blow it into ur eyes!

Cowboy Mac said:
Originally posted by Sleaze
My first rave, what can I say?

Fuck!

The atmosphere, the people and the music - it was the closest thing to a perfect society.

I loved the way where you could talk to anyone, and everyone, almost as if you've known them all your life. Not to mention the music, and atmosphere, wow!

I'd love to add more, but I'm just so sad it's over :(

:( :( :( :( :(

EDIT: Somone also gave me a shot of their vicks inhaler. It was my first time trying it, and fuck, I loved it!

bahaha. =D I hate to be the one to say it, but thats the MDMA, not the party that made you feel it was perfect. It's amazing what a flood of serotonin can make you think =D

No doubt the MDMA helped me enjoy the night, but I have never experienced anything like it, walking into Vodafone arena - the atmosphere was unbelievable. The lights, the people and the music, it was bliss.

By the way, does anyone have the official attendance figures? I'm guessing ~45,000 people turned up.

45 000?!? doood! dont the main arenas fit like 6000 max?!?

also it was good too finally meet some blers :D, sorry if i was a mess or complaining, that wasnt the best time for me..

by the sounds of it i should of been in the future room, not running around outside and waiting 20 mins over and over the get into gods

I only got in for the last hour or so......who was playing at the end with the electric guitar mix ? (was wasted, would like to know)......remember it was awesome. advance thanks.

Sleaze - good to see the magic still exists for some :D

Sounds like it was a good nite...the ODs would have made it less packed too I guess...a win win situation for all!!!

I didn't go..I just saw the news reports with all these scattered ravers dancing in the streets to fuck all, kids looking very very messy - falling over all the place, talking to no one in particular. LOL! Funny shit. Made all ravers look retarded :D

Two tribes...yes I'm still trying to piece it all together.
I do remember though that none of the music really meshed with me...I was vaguely into it at the time, but it wasn't causing me to go totally nuts - which is always good.
I remember that Hybrid had one of the better sets, even if it did get rather same same after a while.
I lasted 1 hour of BT before I got bored.
I know I danced all the way through green velvet and vitalic, but I don't remember... although la la land was good.
Then picotto I think in vodafone, although I fully couldn't get into that either. I think I had a problem with the sound in all the rooms, I was sure that the sound was coming just from the front so i couldn't get the music is drowning me thing.
Oh and foort. He was good at the start, but then it was all the same again.
Oh and the meetup was cool although it seemed that there were about 5 different ones...I was a little skatty...I know I was there but?!
I think the best thing for me was looking down on the two stadiums when they were packed, just looked totally wicked.
:)

my first two tribes and i thought it was ok. not super, not crap, just ok.
spent most of the night wandering round despite my earlier plans of campin in the hardware room.
it wasnt over crowded, even the Vodafone arena u had a bit of room to move. but thats cos i didnt even try to get down to the dancefloor. and later on in the night they opened up the big space right behind the DJ and there was heaps of room in the "wings". it was extremely loud though, so i'm glad i had earplugs with me.

as for the music, i saw Green Velvet, a bit of Vitalic, BT, Picotto and Lucien Foort. plus whoever was playing when me and my friends were checkin out the GK room. i think it was Pee Wee Ferris.
i have to say nothing really grabbed me musically. i was impressed when Green Velvet played La La Land and i tried to get into Vitalic but i just couldnt concentrate. Picotto was good too but i was more interested in takin pics of the huge crowd.

overall there was a good vibe. lots of OD's which is sad (i heard someone died too - but i havent had a chance to check out any press yet) and maybe now that G is getting some really bad reports it will slowly disappear from being the "new drug".
i was wandering past the ferris wheel at about 11:15 but i didnt see too many BLers cept for 1234. also spoke to smokin' joe and his bro throughout the night.
i noticed a fair few drinkers around too. there are too many ppl coming to these events just cos its big and they see the posters around. theyre not coming to listen to music and it doesnt feel so special to be a raver any more.

meh, i'm gettin jaded and i'm only 20.:\

Syntech, did u wear a sexc black and white kinda outfit? Im new to the BLer community and a few nights ago had a look through the photos section. I remembered ur appearance and thought I saw u at tribes, but probably not hehehe

Who knows!

Sor

ok ok ok.... after some time recovering i still wanna kno who put my legs in a mulcher coz thats wot they feel like now... other than that i just want to say thank you to all u guys that made the crowd less comercial and more uplifting... but i think it will be a while till my next event of any sort :(
- D

note to self.

DO NOT GET IN ANY MORE PHOTOS WHEN MUNTED....

dancin princess.. can u erase my face too pls.. ;)