Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne Police Scene

Red_Monkey

Bluelighter
Hey guys

Im flying down to Melbourne for * in a couple of weeks from brissy and was just wanting to know what the police presence is like etc towards drugs?

Is it anything like the Sydney where there are sniffer dogs and random searches of people etc.
coming from brisbane the police are pretty relaxed up here (well for now anyway :p ) and only seem to get random searches and stuff like that and even those are not very common.

Planning on bringing my goodies down from brissy on a aeroplane :D and cause its me first time in good old Melbourne don't have a clue on the airport security or the party scene.

Any info would be wicked.

JAS

[Edit: Venue details removed. Please read the posting guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Two part answer.

a) Cops in melbourne are generally pretty cool - don't make a scene or get so far off your nut that you draw attention to yourself and you should be fine. However don't take that as a green light to be blatent - you still need to be careful and wary, but they're usually not out to get you with sting operations or anything.

b) Don't fly down with drugs in your possession. If there's one situation where it's highly likely that you'll be searched, and even more likely that there might be sniffer dogs around, it's being in an airport. Not only that, but getting caught just isn't worth it, and the chances of getting caught are above what I personally would class as an acceptable risk.

^Flying down on a domestic flight isn't too high risk but I personaly wouldn't do it.

especially now that u've mentioned u have drugs on this site!

be careful peeps!!

flying down from brissy with drugs is risky but do-able, i was able to do it with small amounts of weed, i was a little edgy but managed to keep my cool, and if it was to happen again i wouldnt bother taking the risk

Weed is the worst drug you could possibly travel with. YOU can smell it if it's in the same room... a SNIFFER DOG can easily smell a trace of it on your clothes.

BigTrancer :)

I have two friends that work as airport security(Xrays, Bag Checks) and they have both said that they overlook small ammounts of drugs. They have both come across people taking small ammounts on board planes but they let them through. It is generally overlooked. Unless it is a sizeable, commercial ammount, the you're in trouble.

rm1x - this may be true of your friends, but it only takes 1 overzealous customs officer to fuck you up royally.

DON'T RISK IT!

I'm sure you will be able to find something down here.

Well apart from having someone once dear to me gang-raped by four police officers, well I think that's all I have to say really.

You should be fine, unless you're taking marijuana, which as BigTrancer mentioned, is the worst drug to smuggle.

If you're taking a few pills, or a little bit of powder in a bag you should be fine.

Around NYE I left Melbourne for Sydney, and I was a little concerned that there may be extra security - but there wasn't. Didn't see one sniffer dog or any random searcher - and that's both from Melbourne - Sydney, and Sydney - Melbourne.

As for the Police in Melbourne, all they care about is pulling 'P' Plate drivers over and slapping canaries on their cars. Unfortunately, I know this from experience.

I've done the SYD-MLB, MLB-SYD trip quite a few times. I've never (and probably would never) carried drugs on board, but my mind is constantly evaluating the possibility. I truly think it wouldn't be that hard...but dont do it...you'll get caught :)

I'd be way too paraniod to take anything on a plane..... unless I was in some celeb's private jet.... yeah, and thats really gunna hapen.

Do you really think it is worth running the risk of being caught just to take a small amount of drugs with you?

why bother

i think you all are over estimating the drug searching capability on domestic flights. at present the focus is on sharp objects and bomb building material elements on your clothing. i dont know for a fact that sniffer dogs dont sniff over your baggage for drugs prior to a flight, however if they are they are not doing a very good job.
The question must also be asked, how desperate for drugs are you, if your needing to fly with them? is your use out of control?

I have never seen a sniffer dog at the domestic terminal. Why would they bother when road would be a much less risky option for bigtime smugglers domestically. Another point you have to remember is there is no customs (read sniffer dogs) domestically so you are probabbly just dealing with Airport security looking for knives and bombs.

Personally I would not go near the international terminal with drugs but domestically I would be prepared to take the risk with a small amount. One thing thats always interested me is if you are caught with a small amount of drugs on a domestic flight do you get charged with smuggling or possesion?

Australia was founded on free-trade between the states, it is simply not possible to be charged with smuggling between state borders because such laws were seen as an impediment to free-trade. The only thing that comes to mind in regards to restrictions on interstate trade are regulations such as those that govern fruit-fly restrictions and the like. The mode of transport one uses doesn't doesn't change that fact

Drugs on domestic flights are A-OK if you ask me, do your homework forst and find out which domestic carier is the furtherest from the international area, the chnces of the dogs being around thre is next to nothing.

Oh, and always carry your drugs on you, not in your luggage. This greatly reduces the risk of them being discovered. Interstate travel really isn't that big a deal, I heard a story of someone dropping a bag of weed in front of the security guys, and they just made a j/k of it, told the person in question that they should be more careful next time.