• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne - Hardware presents Jeff Mills @ The Metro - Fri 19th November 2004

I heard a report that some munted freak in the VIP area did a huge technicolour yawn over some cables which **possibly** caused the outage. Can anyone else confirm/deny?

Deny.

Quote 'nextwaveaudio' (http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=388063153&postcount=368)

Thanks for the feedback people.... OK to set the record straight, Jeff's mixer seized up at about 3.30 for no apparent reason. Maybe because he was pushin plus 20db on his main L & R out for most of the night. As i dont use or spec Vestax, this was the first time in my audio life i've seen this happen to a mixer. When analoge mixers are pushed to their limits they tend to get hot internally and as with all electonic gear malfunction from time to time. Low and behold five minutes later, all good!!

One thing i will say though is Jeff mixes LOUD!!! His 4 monitors were peaking all ^%$$ing night and we had our compressors fixed in the red. DJs need to learn that the more you push a mixer into the red, the worst you sound out front. When us audio guys ask you to turn it down so we can turn you up DO IT!! We only want the best sound right?? Problem is DJS are now so use to peaking out mixers in clubs, which may i add are usually compressed to the shithouse, that they take that on board when playin larger gigs. Has anyone ever seen a Pioneer 600 stay in the green??????? EXACTLY!!

Having a sound guy on standby is a win win situation. Listen to us and we'll make you sound the best out front.

And as for the cutout in Ben's set... that actually was Jeff Mill's manager unpluging to much from Jeffs console. Thanks to Richie, Jeff, all the djs and to my hard working crew who never get a mention. See you all at Kenny Larkin and Felix the Housecat.

Thanks again
Gia
Next Wave Audio
"Part time rockstars"

<<End quote>>

I'll definately say at times he cranked it in and that good hard driving tech sound I love came to the fore, but for the majority of this I just found myself standing their waiting for something more exciting to happen.

It sounded dated... he's good at what he does, but is he still doing it the same as years ago?

For the amount every promoter out there crap's on about amazing visuals, having a set of tv monitors playing a looped stuttering image of either 2 guys at a turn table, or alternatively pre recordings of the guy your watching play decks - why not just play his footage live so that you can see what 'the master' is doing right in front of you (Top down view, hands on tables rah rah).

Next time someone tells you about amazing visuals, download a copy of winamp, open the visualisations and turn on Milkdrop (comes with the basic install). THIS is good visuals, and I cannot see why parties out their dont just blast it over the walls as opposed to the standard fare.

Walked off before he finished, sat upstairs away from the noise and caught up a friend.

Gave this a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Last edited:
Whatever to all u guys... I was middle centre...then streamed forward till i hit the centre front....fuck... i haven't gone so nutty to any big tekkaz booming bass sound in like forever. ... cry whinge (need more)...and to all u whingers.... at least some1 out there brought mills out... so fuck whining and start showing some appreciation... :)

My lEGS urt! Feldene Gel is expensive. Thank god someone invented codral nites....

MILLS MADE ME WET MY DAKS

i had a good night. i thought mills was pretty good, he died in the ass after the sound cut out though which is a shame. i thought the video thing was overrated too. and no finale? what an anticlimax. but a good night, top music and crowd was decent :)

and dave pham rocked it :) pity he was given such a shitty time slot, the guy after him was hopeless! trying to mix hip hop into tech :p

I'm glad to hear that some people here enjoyed my set. Thankyou very much.

Too bad you couldn't catch up with me pekkie. ;)

how about the people who despised it after you cut out? ;]

are we allowed to crucify you?