Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

melbourne gangland killings

muzby

Bluelighter
how bad are these getting??

since the "official" body count started in 1998 (u can't tell me that there wern't any people getting bumped off before this...) there have been 23 deaths..

kinda scary, as this works out to nearly one every 2 months...

wots even scarier is the fact that they have now gone from killings late at night, generally outside the victims home, or at a private location, to the 4 in the last year that have been right out in public, in broad daylight...

i used to be a regular around carlton, i loved the cafes, was generally there at least once a week... but i'm certainly keeping myself clear of there after the killing last week... i'm a little scared of any revenge killings that i'm sure will happen around the area in the next few months... well, at least i know that i won't have to worry about revenge killings around brunswick, who'd even wanna go near there anyway?? ;)

is anyone else out there as fascinated with this as i am??? i've found myself doing heaps of reading lately on the victims, the history of the killings and looking at the two sides..

it's very similar to the painters and dockers scandals of the late 70s and early 80s...

it's all kinda like something out of the 20s or even "the godfather"...

and why am i so fascinated with it all???????

I used to go for drinks at the Brunswick Club a few years back - you would never pick anyone to be a ganster in there.

It sure is bringing out the seedy side of Melbourne, and even making headlines overseas.

I don't think there will be many more public shootings... all the people involved are going to stay indoors if they have half a brain.

i find it extremely interesting as well, i live out in the sticks tho, so i think im safe for now

It doesn't really interest me too much... imo they are doing us a favour by killing themselves off - saving the cops doing it anyway.

I'm just glad whoever is doing it has good aim and hasnt managed to hurt any bystanders.

notneo said:
I don't think there will be many more public shootings... all the people involved are going to stay indoors if they have half a brain.

It seems Lewis Moran may have been resigned to his fate. Over the last week of his life he drank at the Brunswick club on a few occasions, at the same time, with no body guard. If others feel the same way, they will probably just go about their normal business so there may well be more shootings in public.

Hopefully no bystanders will be hurt if it happens again, but these people know how to get rid of who their targetting ;)

^^^ i'm the same again, i find it all very facinating. I also dont mind them picking each other off but i do wish they would do it in more suitable locations (i dont really know where a suitable location is to kill someone), than the local RSL club

pubeman said:
Its just like Chopper, but its actually true

thats a pissa

Have you ever read any of he's books? THe guy is absolutely hilarious, he makes himself out to be like some kind of God or something lol.

I think this whole saga is very cool. It makes me want to sing Gangsta's Paradise.

I too am fascinated by this gang war. I work on lygon st and have served Mick Gatto and my boss was friends with Alphonse Gangitano before he brought it. As far as i can ascertain this gang war seems to have directly escalated due to the actions of the very dirty victoria police drug squad. Carl Williams and Lewis Moran (if he was still alive) would both be on remand (i.e. behind bars) if 15+ current or former members of the drugs squad weren't under investigation for corruption. The rationality of this being you cant incarcerate people with evidence gathered by potentially tainted police.

The policy of the drugs squad of distributing precursor chemicals in order to catch the 'mr. bigs' of the drug trade, seems to have misfired badly. First of all 80% of the precursor chemicals and the drugs manufactured from them have dissappeared in the course of the investigation. Police negliegence or outright corruption? I think we all know the answer to that one! What corrupt police did in effect is create an new strata of drug dealer, operating with impunity and reliable access to precursor chemicals, who with this new found power could challenge the existing power-brokers of the non-asian drug industry (established italian mafia and australian crime families). This current gang war is a power struggle between the 'old' and 'new' mob and make no mistake the killings will continue.

What is harder to understand is how the network of revenge killing connects? How did it all start? If mark moran was believed to be present at alf gangitano's slaying, then how come the moran and italian factions appear to be allied against carl williams mob? It appears to be quite convoluted and my guess is we'll never know the true story. But if ya feeling unsafe in the streets don't just blame the gangsters, blame the people who are supposed to be protecting us!

please. You have more chance of dying from GHB than getting shot by 'gangsters' in melbourne.

your fear is unfounded.

I knew Husam the guy who got shot in werribee last year.
I was living with one of his girlfriends at the time.
Its scary when your too close.

i was thinking of going along to the funeral for mr moran, just to feel really hard for the day. i decided against it tho.

oh yeah, something i forgot to add to the original post...

as these gangs are supposedly chasing after "the lucrative amphetamine market" in melbourne, does anyone here think about this fact when they party on the weekend??

just food for thought....

and my 2c worth, i reckon carl williams will survive... :)

If you are in the rave scene you won't see them.
Lucky me being a promoter in the club scene gets to see/meet a lot of gangstas and wannabes!!!!

I'm tryring to stay as far away as possible...

Yes it is fascinating because it seems so surreal to some ppl its so exciting as if new yorks mafia has come to melbourne, but honestly its not cool

These are real ppl who yes might have done bad things but do they really deserve to die???

The hitmen are getting clearly sloppy now I wasn't worried about the publics safety before because I knew the hitmen were too professional.
Lately its been too out in the open. I'd be scared to go and have coffee in the brunswick club.
Even though apparently the guy who got shot before Lewis Moran (can't tremember his name) used to come into the clun I work for every sunday night.!!!

I think it has all gone too far the killimg is not necessary and the only reason ppl are finding it so fascinating is because they are removed enought for it not to affect them!