Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - wotw- deep space techno, 1/10/04 @ HIFI *REVIEWS START PAGE 3*

samm

Bluelighter
wotw- deep space techno, 1/10/04 @ HIFI

Here is the official line up for the techno party!!! i will start a seperate thread for the trance party so see War Of The Worlds 2060 Trance 25/8 @ Qbh thread for details!!!!

enjoy!!!!!

DEEP SPACE TECHNO – October 1st, HIFI BAR AND BALLROOM!!!

Kevin Saunderson (3 decks, 3 hours)

Phunk De Sonique 100% LIVE

Ben Cromack (3 decks)

Dave Pham

Mike Callander

Craig McWhinney

Boogs

Agent 86

Midget Fidget

Cecille Waters

Mike Hunt Vs Paz

Ticket details for those forums which don’t have them:

Early bird: $32 (selected stores only)

Ticket: $40+BF (more on the door)

Combo Ticket: $60 (selected stores only)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm.. thought we'd see a little more than that..

Im with Flip on this one too, Saunderson the only act for a WOTW event? And on top of it he has a 3 hour slot? He should be a warm up slot for another new or more crowd pleasing guest, not too happy about the direction of this event so far, though I still might go I hope I some more news will at least give me a smile rather than a "oh ok then".

Can you please correct the date in the title please, it reads 1/8 instead of 1/10.

Thankyou~

DJC*

Here are the FULL Event Details...

technoflyer_front.txt

technoflyer_back.txt

WOTW Consortium, Soma Corp & Next Wave Audio present:
DEEP SPACE TECHNO

Kevin Saunderson [3 decks / 3 hours]
Phunk De Sonique [100% LIVE]
Ben Cromack [3 decks]
Dave Pham
Mike Callander
Craig McWhinney

In The Mix presents:
LASERGUN

Boogs
Agent 86
Midget Fidget
Cecille Waters
Mike Hunt vs Paz

DATE/VENUE:
Friday 1st October 2004
Hi Fi Bar - Swanston St, Melbourne
10pm - 7am

ARTIST:
In addition to being the founder and mastermind behind KMS Productions, Kevin Saunderson is a DJ, Producer and prolific artist who records under a variety of guises including Reese, E-Dancer, The Reese Project, Inner City, Tronik House, EsRay and Reese & Santonio. Not only is Kevin one of the three original creators of techno music, along with fellow Detroiters, Juan Atkins and Derrick May, Kevin also pioneered the art of the “remix”, changing the face of how artists revamp songs the way they do today.

Even with number one songs, gold and platinum records and dozens of world tours under the Inner City moniker, Kevin has always managed to stay true to his undergrounds roots with projects like E-Dancer and the Reese Project. His “X-Mix: Transmission from Deep Space Radio” CD on !K7 is widely regarded as one of the most timeless techno mixes ever released, developing legendary status around the world to all with their finger on the pulse. His hugely successful series of mixes released on London's acclaimed Trust The DJ label have cemented his place as one of the few living legends in the techno world that is still capable of turning out quality both behind the decks and as a producer. He is as prolific as they come. He is one of the most important and influential techno artists in the world. He is a master, an innovator, a legend, an iconoclast… and he knows how to rock the floor.

Welcome to Deep Space.

PRODUCTION:
In a move to ensure the sound quality at this event is of the highest possible standard, Next Wave Audio will be re-rigging Hi Fi Bar with the acclaimed Nexo Soundsystem. Hailing from France, Nexo is regarded as being at the forefront in loudspeaker design. Over the last 3 years, their products have quickly become the “must have” over here in Australia. With various installations ranging from bars, nightclubs to houses of worship, Nexo prides itself on quality regardless the situation. Having toured the world over with the likes of Metallica, Oasis, and Marilyn Manson, to more recently being the brand specified for the Main Stadium of the 2004 Athens Olympics, you can rest easy that the sound clarity and volume of this system will rock you to the core.

With roboscan lighting and a stage-length projection screen and VJ, prepare to see Hi Fi Bar as you've never seen it before. War Of The Worlds Consortium, Soma Corp and next Wave Audio proudly present the next level of club-based entertainment.

TICKETS:
General Tickets: $40 + b/fee
Early Bird Tickets: $32 + b/fee

[Limited numbers available on the door]
18+ Admission only - ID required

**Check flyers in stores later this week for a full list of ticket outlets or grab them right here on In The Mix.
War Of The Worlds official web site coming soon...
. [uplink terminated]
###

Just curious if anyone has some links to a dj set from Saunderson, cant find anything on the net including soulseek, let me know.

just watching saunderson is a sight to see. this is a man that loves what he does...he "makes love to music" *to put it nicely*

i'm glad hes a headliner this time and will get a decent crowd. i actually felt sorry for the man last GK (?) when he was stuffed in the little room up the top with hardly a crowd watching him.... but i spose techno always gets the ass end of stuff....

and now the date is on a friday night? grrr i will have to work the next day but oh well im not missing this!

I'm surprised he has agreed to come back after that small room...

this time he will have a much more appreciative crowd.

This is going to rock :D

He was so gooood! Always a fun night to be had at Hifi too. Should be a good night.

BT :)

Again I will ask has anyone got any links to a recent set of the man? And also I havent seen him before, so what can I expect from this guy from the people who have seen him?

Mr_AuDiO said:
Again I will ask has anyone got any links to a recent set of the man? And also I havent seen him before, so what can I expect from this guy from the people who have seen him?

Check soulseek there is plenty on there.

Sorry I cannot provide any weblinks.

syntech said:
poop.

why do i have to be poor................

It's only

General Tickets: $40 + b/fee
Early Bird Tickets: $32 + b/fee

So if you're early... you can get in for the low price of $32? small price to pay for one of melbs best partys =D

what happening, they're splitting it now...???

i know last years was expecting a much bigger turn out...

still id say this is looking pretty damn fine =D

I just heard a 2004 set from Kevin Saunderson and this is what I have to say:

I so totally regret not being pumped in my first few posts coz oh my word is this guy better than I thought. This man has the presence of Carl Cox and wow he manages to link different genre flavours into a flaming techno set, yep wow it is definately one of my most anticipating parties of the year, cant wait to see this master that is Saunderson!

Mr_AuDiO: Might I ask which set It was that you downloaded?

I Might have to download it myself... oh also.. where did you get it?

cheers :)