Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[melb] Wine & Cheese appreciation picnic - 3rd Jan - Botanical Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know, i'm not meant to be here but hey.

what a great day, but to all of you who missed post-wine and cheese hotel shenanigans, well it's a shame. best fun i've had in ages.

fucking great stuff guys, so glad i came and stayed... (and stayed... and stayed...)

This picnic was soo frickin good. Better than i could have ever hoped for. It was fantastic spending time with all of you people, I loved meeting the interstaters. For a BL event this stayed remarkably tame whilst we were picnicking - wine was drunk and even appreciated, and a shitload of cheese was consumed.

Much kudos must go to ButrosGrantos for being so damn organised and for coming with me to the markets and helping set the picnic up at midday. Also massive thanks to Lspace for the incredible contribution of 2 kg of intensely delicious persian feta.

It was a truly lovely day of sunshine wine and cheese, and I hope to make it something of a tradition, (maybe have it on the 3rd Jan every year?? heheh) Anyway finally I hope nobody minded too much when I evicted everyone from my house at 1am. But discovering that I had to work in a few short hours whilst skipping merrily around the outskirts of a K-hole rather did my head in. a massive thank you to those that were there to help put a rather frayed Ben back together. You know who you are.

I cant wait to head up to sydney and spend some more time with some of you folks, cos you were fucking good value!!

That was loads of fun! Thanks dudes.

Has anyone spotted a green army style jacket, I left it behind somewhere, I think at one of the houses afterwards. Let me know ;)

... good times. =D

EDIT: Found that jacket. Thanks ;)

Last edited:
<3

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
...Um........So you put in as much effort as last meet-up?
^STFU. :p.

Yes, as noted Mr. Duckboy and myself were not in attendance. Some of you from Pop's soiree would have some idea as to why. :\.
Suffice to say, recovery was paramount and although we're a little regretful we missed out the opportunity to wade through such a huge pool of BLers we're both happy to save it for another day.

Glad the sipping and nibbling and sexing went well guys. :).

^ Well thats twice Ive been in Melb, and twice at Pops n' co house .. and DuckBoy was asleep upstairs both times. Whilst you, m'dear, were also nowhere to be seen. As such, Ive worked out that you guys dont really exist.
Im sorry if this all comes as a shock to you =D

Wine n Cheese = very cool soirée.
sit in the park, meet people, talk shit, drink wine, eat -and fear- the cheese. what more could you want?

You're all a very cool bunch, and as such I think i'll definitely sign up for another year of BL :D

I guess Melbournites burn easy hey? :D You all need a good North QLD tan :D ;)

Gleep, you left your jacket at our apartment. Try contacting Mary Poppins, altho I think she had intentions of passing it on to Popavich for safe keeping.

I had such a fanfuckingtastic time at this picnic! =D And I'm proud to say I didn't drink any wine or eat any cheese at all ;) :D

If this is going to be an annual BL tradition I'll book my flights right now! :D Daylight till 9pm or what ever the hell it is in Melbourne was much appreciated, especially since I turned up 4 hours late :eek: :\ And I also appreciated the frisbee qualities of biscuits :D

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^STFU. :p.

Yes, as noted Mr. Duckboy and myself were not in attendance. Some of you from Pop's soiree would have some idea as to why. :\.
Suffice to say, recovery was paramount and although we're a little regretful we missed out the opportunity to wade through such a huge pool of BLers we're both happy to save it for another day.

Glad the sipping and nibbling and sexing went well guys. :).

I got within roughly 3 metres to you and your other half but good manners prevented me busting open the door with a bucket of ice water. Pity I issed out on meeting you.:X

Got a lot more to say about Melbourne and its esteemed inhabitants but brain resembles scrambled egg at the moment. Those I met know I love them :)

I ate at least a kilo of cheese. I win the award for eating the most cheese. Wow that day was seriously one of the major highlights of my stay. Awesome!

Awesomeness.

I wasn't there for much of the picnic.
But as brad said - hotel shennagins equals some fot he best fun i've had in a long time.

=D

^ I woke up to the sound of you guys leaving :( If only I wasn't broken I would have joined you :\

Does anyone have any pics they want to post? There probably isn't many that don't involve girl on girl action tho :\

Last edited:
^ I would like to see said pics before they are posted in public thks.

What a great day! :D

I was pleasantly surprised by how outrageously debaucherous this didn't get while at the gardens, although not at all surprised to see/join people getting themselves delightfully messy later. Who would have thought that we would make it all the way until closing time before being asked to leave?

Many thanks to Potato for organising this, and thanks to all who came and made it a great day. I'm just a little disapointed that I missed out on seeing/meeting some of you there due to our midday ETA slipping back by some 4.5 hours or so... next time gadget, next time.

princess_kitti: I'll post up a pic/text of the mushroom poster when I can find it.

^^ i'm with you on this one, there are various portions of the day/night missing from memory.

that being said, it was an awesomely fun day/night and the company was superb.

whilst i appreciated beer rather than wine, i did manage to be force fed cheese by the lovely SLM.

thanks to potato for the excellent idea and organising :D

so who ended up with that mushroom poster?
I'd ask for possession of it, but it wouldn't really look good when my folks walked into my room...

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Is it bad that I can't remember any photos being taken ? :eek: :D

there are some, I have a couple that Ill send to you tomorrow but I dont know who took the especially incriminating ones :eek:

MoeBro - pop mentioned something about sending me the pic/text of the poster when he finds it .... maybe its safe to assume someone in his vicinity has it? :D

All this talk of picnics makes me wanna go on another one NOOOOOWWW!!!! *stamps foot at the limitations of 9 to 5 employment*

Man, what an unreal day. I was sort of nervous about rocking up and meeting so many new people in the one place, but the picnic turned out so brilliantly. Perfect location too!!

Thanks melbourne kids for showing us interstate people such a good time =D

I'll have photos sorted in the next day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.